List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some guy says we are close to getting McCarthy and only 3 replies in 3 pages..

You've changed BigFooty..
Someone has said Danger is a done deal for us earlier. Same has been said for Treloar. I think we're becoming desensitised to these rumours and getting less excited with each one

I want Steve Johnson.

a) We could get him for next to nothing

b) Oozes confidence with goal kicking, and simply having him in our forward 50 as an option will lift the players confidence around him in goal kicking... (Cause if I don't kick his goal, next time they'll kick it to Johnson who will definitely convert)

c) Was a mad Collingwood supporter as a kid... for more than half his life he breathed Black and White... come home Prodigal Son!

While I don't know what we have to fine up for them, there are whispers that we will get McCarthy and Treloar. Treloar is 90% done and McCarthy is closer to the pies than any other club.

But what would you have to give? I would suggest Witts and our first round this year + next years first round. Which I think is worth it...
It would be worth it, but it's fantasy to think we could reasonably get both. I suspect if you put that on the GWS board they would erupt!

Exploding cat pics please.
giphy.gif

I want Steve Johnson.

a) We could get him for next to nothing

b) Oozes confidence with goal kicking, and simply having him in our forward 50 as an option will lift the players confidence around him in goal kicking... (Cause if I don't kick his goal, next time they'll kick it to Johnson who will definitely convert)

c) Was a mad Collingwood supporter as a kid... for more than half his life he breathed Black and White... come home Prodigal Son!
I was thinking let him play permanent FF for us. May teach our small forwards, especially Faz, a lot on field

I was thinking let him play permanent FF for us. May teach our small forwards, especially Faz, a lot on field

I would prefer Peter Daicos come out of retirement thanks.......do not want this bloke still not happy about his contribution in 2011 on one bloody leg!!!

Yeah nah for me.

With Grundy, Witts and Cox carrying Ceglar was not an option. Witts and Grundy have loads more potential than Ceglar. He looks good in a good team, but I'm not worried we let him go.

That's a bit rough, IMO. At the time Ceglar was cut our ruck division consisted of Jolly, Hudson and Witts.

Sure letting him go may very well have been the right play, however delisting him was the wrong one.

In his 2 years he was at the club we had a heap of rucks/talls and Ceglar spent most of his time forward in the vfl. Didn't really have the chance to show his talent in position, but think there were other reasons we got rid of him. Hudson, Lynch and Grundy came on board at the end of 2012.

2011 - Jolly, Brown (retired 2011), Wood, Ceglar, McNamara
2012 - Jolly, Dawes (traded 2012), Wood (delisted 2012), Witts, Gault, Ceglar, McNamara (delisted 2012, trialled at Hawthorn along side Ceglar)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just call my thing 'chubby' ? Never heard it called a 'cat' before.
It was my cat alright, I can tell by the fur what I am stroking .
Explosion was a dud; a tuna tin that had gone off that he had eaten but with the same spectacular effect when I squeezed him. Will spare the pictures.

maybe picaBoo is a girl?
Only on some sites. Not this one though.

In his 2 years he was at the club we had a heap of rucks/talls and Ceglar spent most of his time forward in the vfl. Didn't really have the chance to show his talent in position, but think there were other reasons we got rid of him. Hudson, Lynch and Grundy came on board at the end of 2012.

2011 - Jolly, Brown (retired 2011), Wood, Ceglar, McNamara
2012 - Jolly, Dawes (traded 2012), Wood (delisted 2012), Witts, Gault, Ceglar, McNamara (delisted 2012, trialled at Hawthorn along side Ceglar)

Rucks are notoriously difficult to predict. Ceglar suddenly deciding to become a good player was especially irritating but he's by no means alone. Imagine how annoyed Richmond fans would have been watching Ottens career after he left them. Think about Mumford after leaving Geelong, even Jolly after leaving Melbourne for Sydney. It seems almost impossible to know when to hold em and when to fold em when it comes to rucks. Is it chance or development? We are going to have that issue with Witts I guess.

Structurally we need Cam McCarthy more than Treloar....happy to get both but seems unrealistic.

Can someone please explain this rumor to me.
What is the proposed deal?
Does it have substance ( I know most deals have no substance)

Sad that I have to go for the Tiggies board for trading entertainment ; this morning alone they are in O'Meara then Patton and now Patton and AT. Puts our feeble McCarthy rumor reaction to shame. Have we peaked too early or are we not as desperate?

Will they? I am not at all sure.

IF they hold most of their players and IF they develop and IF they are well coached and If the club is well run and IF they don't get passed by someone else (eg Dogs) and IF lots of things go right they might be strong contenders.

GC were supposed to be finalists this year. Players have stagnated and some have left. Carlton and Melbourne have had a lot of early picks and got nowhere. GWS are a fair way off dominating anything. Whether that impacts Treloar's decision I don't know.

iffy post alert:p

Rucks are notoriously difficult to predict. Ceglar suddenly deciding to become a good player was especially irritating but he's by no means alone. Imagine how annoyed Richmond fans would have been watching Ottens career after he left them. Think about Mumford after leaving Geelong, even Jolly after leaving Melbourne for Sydney. It seems almost impossible to know when to hold em and when to fold em when it comes to rucks. Is it chance or development? We are going to have that issue with Witts I guess.
I can see what you're getting at with rucks being difficult to predict although I reckon Jacobs would be a better example than Mumford. Geelong wanted to keep Mumford, but were out priced by Sydney and couldn't come close to matching the offer. Chance and development go hand in hand, although it's a bit of a chicken and egg scenario.

Regarding Ceglar I'm not fussed at him leaving or doing well at Hawthorn. A few reasons for this

- Hawthorn also trialled McNamara, so I don't reckon they were expecting him to step up as well as he has either
- Hawthorn has good structures and players play to a role, I don't think Ceglar would be performing to the same standard with us
- If Ceglar was given a chance at a less successful club instead of Hawthorn, he wouldn't be spoken about as much
- I sense Buckley likes aggression from talls, which I agree with and that's not one of Ceglar's strengths
- Ceglar's ceiling is about the level of Hale. Grundy and Witts both have the potential to go higher and be better rucks long term.

Sad that I have to go for the Tiggies board for trading entertainment ; this morning alone they are in O'Meara then Patton and now Patton and AT. Puts our feeble McCarthy rumor reaction to shame. Have we peaked too early or are we not as desperate?

We need to trade in some more excitable posters. Need some kids to take up the load when TD eventually retires.

While I don't know what we have to fine up for them, there are whispers that we will get McCarthy and Treloar. Treloar is 90% done and McCarthy is closer to the pies than any other club.

But what would you have to give? I would suggest Witts and our first round this year + next years first round. Which I think is worth it...

I think this, in terms of our list (as opposed to what you have to pay for them) would be better than Treloar & Danger. Very curious where the whispers have originated as McCarthy supposedly contracted until end of 2017 http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/gws-players-contract-status.1008964/#tG2Q7Rprje3POsCW.97 so would have thought going nowhere - probably explains the lack of excited responses to an otherwise near dream scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back