Vuelta a Espana 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I realise that the technology probably isn't mature enough yet, but surely a bit further down the track drones will be doing the lions share of video and the motorbikes will become relatively obsolete? Obviously team and service vehicles would remain, but there are already drones that follow you as you run/ride and beam back video.

Yep Aru went early and Quintana made the good move of getting on his wheel while the others played catch up. Then Quintana could just run off but he only got 7 seconds on Aru in the end so the damage wasn't too much. Insignificant really given he is still 3 minutes back.

I suspect there was a bit of holding back due to the stage tonight.

Another mouth watering summit finish but an easy day before it.

PROFIL.png

Break is going full gas now and has opened up about 5 minutes.

Movistar has started to increase the pace of the main field now. They're strung right out.

Quintana making a big push for the podium but I'm not sure he can win it.

Massive dig by Aru there at the end. I could feel his burn.

Dumoulin minimises the damage at 1:51. He has the power to make that time up in the TT but this race has been long and hard for everybody.

I said it was way better than the tdf and it has only kept getting better. Too bad about the time slot or I think SBS would probably be more interested in coverage.

Frank Shleck turning back the clock! Would love to see Purito win it from here.
Is Chaves on track for highest OGE GC at a Grand Tour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No more mountain top finishes, but plenty of climbing still to come. I can see him getting dropped on some of the harder climbs, but I can't see him staying dropped once they go down the other side. It's his Vuelta to lose, as far as I'm concerned.
Can easily see 18, 19 and 20 being interesting with 10-30 second gaps between contenders. Climbs with downhill finishes, the GC guys will be going hell for leather.

Add to that the time bonuses and Dumoulin will want a minute lead after the TT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aru did a great job of keeping his Vuelta hopes alive. With just 3 seconds between him and Dumoulin it's a genuine 2-horse race. All of the others are now more than a minute behind and it's very difficult to see any of them making up that time.

Movistar had a really good TT as well, with Quintana and Valverde jumping from 8th & 9th to 5th and 6th overall (bumping Chavez down to 7th in the process).

Great effort from Chaves to finish 5th when the next best on GC was Impey in 84th. Signed on for 3 more years, hopefully can get a team around him now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back