Player Watch Matthew Goodyear (Delisted 2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck to Goody.

I think TradeDraft made an excellent point in the 'changes' thread. Maybe the club wants to have all boys selected in last year's National Draft play together for the first time, in the last game of the season? It has a satisfying ring to it, and a fitting way to finish off the year. And Goody has earned the call up in recent weeks.

I would assume that Goodyear and Kennedy are both "competing" for the mid spot left open by Swanny.

Surely Kennedy would be first dibs and Goodyear is just getting an emergency spot as a confidence booster, we've seen Collingwood do this a few times in the past few years.

I would assume that Goodyear and Kennedy are both "competing" for the mid spot left open by Swanny.

Surely Kennedy would be first dibs and Goodyear is just getting an emergency spot as a confidence booster, we've seen Collingwood do this a few times in the past few years.

You are probably right, but playing all our draft picks still has a nice ring to it.:)

Good luck to Goody.

I think TradeDraft made an excellent point in the 'changes' thread. Maybe the club wants to have all boys selected in last year's National Draft play together for the first time, in the last game of the season? It has a satisfying ring to it, and a fitting way to finish off the year. And Goody has earned the call up in recent weeks.
Yep great post and hope he makes the final 22. I assume there will always be uncalled for negative posts about him.

I'm not confident he'll make the final 22, but I hope he can make an impact if he does come in. One things for sure it's good to see that his form has picked up over the past fortnight. Regardless of the role he was being utilised in you need to produce in order to be called up and he's done just that!

BenKen has to play ahead of Goodyear surely. Nice for him to be named as an emergency. Let's him know his on the radar for a senior spot and gives him the incentive to work hard over the off season

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BenKen has to play ahead of Goodyear surely. Nice for him to be named as an emergency. Let's him know his on the radar for a senior spot and gives him the incentive to work hard over the off season

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He hasn't been named in the VFL squad, so you'd assume he's playing.

True Vicky, but finishing the season off with 2 wins in a row also has a nice ring to it :p

Goodyear is still raw and his VFL form has been up and down

If he does play I'm not worried...how many of our other debutants this year have truly struggled ? I suggest none. The Club seems to know when to give these guys a chance. I'm excluding both Gault & Karnezis from this observation cos they don't count as debutants and I reckon they only got picked for what seems to be called 'balance'...

Nope nope nope....
This would be more embarrassing than playing Daniel Farmer in the ones. Not ready

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope nope nope....
This would be more embarrassing than playing Daniel Farmer in the ones. Not ready
This post is Number2's, #wearenotplayingfinals #lastround #givethekidabreakandacrack

He will probably end up being an emergency but when was the last time a club had every player they took in the national draft the previous year make their debut in their first season?

He will probably end up being an emergency but when was the last time a club had every player they took in the national draft the previous year make their debut in their first season?

The Western Bulldogs and StKilda 2014 draftees have all played this season. Unsure on other clubs.

I heard the Dogs played 40 players this season so maybe them.

He didn't, but it would have been embarrassing. Sort of like Ugle.
I do miss the weekly thread of The Good, The Bad & The Ugle, sigh.:(:)

I don't think it sets a good precedent to have a guy debut despite playing like crud all year in the twos.

I think he's probably going to get delisted, given he's shown essentially nothing for an entire season.

Minimum 2 year contracts for all kids taken in the ND.

He hasn't been named in the VFL squad, so you'd assume he's playing.

Named on the HBF in the VFL squad but hard to read too much into it either way as the entire senior interchange generally gets listed.

Good luck the kid if he gets his debut. Was very impressive against Port Melbourne and that apparently backed up a very good game the week before. From what I've seen of him this season he's been given some very specific roles within the team and performed them. Last week was the first time I've seen him play with a license to take the game on and he was easily among the best players. Would bring some pace and flexibility to the senior squad as well as he's played on just about every line from FB to HF at VFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back