Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Bradford completed 10-of-10 passes for 121 yards and three touchdowns in the Eagles' third preseason game.

Bradford led the Eagles to three straight touchdown drives before exiting in the early second quarter. All of his touchdowns came on checkdowns, but it shows the type of upside Bradford has in Chip Kelly's offense. Bradford looked fully healthy against the Packers. He offers one of the highest ceilings among mid-to-late round quarterbacks.

:rolleyes:

I haven't seen the game yet, I'll probably use the 7 day trial now having finished up the first round of uni assignments.

But aren't these so-called "check downs" the Eagles offence? The Eagles run a variation of the same play pretty much every down - that so-called "check down" is the 3rd option on pretty much every play. It's not a typical check down in terms of getting the ball out of the QBs hands, it's used the wide-outs and the play action to open up the middle of the field.

Eagles RT Lane Johnson believes he suffered a sprained MCL in Saturday's preseason game, but fully expects to be ready for Week 1.

Coach Chip Kelly claimed Johnson could have continued playing Saturday, but that's a little hard to believe. Either way, neither Kelly nor Johnson seem concerned. The right tackle has 14 days to heal up.

Source: Eliot Shorr-Parks on Twitter

None of his TD passes were checkdowns. Celek and Sproles TD not even close. Could argue Burton but that was the design of the play

LOL @ checkdowns.

- Celek was an in route at the back of the endzone.
- Sproles was a wheel route designed to take advantage of Sam Barrington's complete lack of coverage skills
- Burtons was. On a blitz. Resulted in a touchdown anyway, and I'd say its fair to check down during a blitz.

Sam Bradford completed 10-of-10 passes for 121 yards and three touchdowns in the Eagles' third preseason game.

Bradford led the Eagles to three straight touchdown drives before exiting in the early second quarter. All of his touchdowns came on checkdowns, but it shows the type of upside Bradford has in Chip Kelly's offense. Bradford looked fully healthy against the Packers. He offers one of the highest ceilings among mid-to-late round quarterbacks.
If you think the wheel route td to Sproles was a check down you are kidding yourself.

Tebow looking pretty good today, & nice 46 yard hookup as I type, Barkley out early after struggling so Tebow might have done enough today to secure no3.

edit, turned it over on 4th down after a good drive, no biggie I would have thought

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Tebow makes the team... If we get to our third QB we are stuffed anyway. If the O-Line keep Bradford upright..... It's gonna be fun.

It was clear last week he was leading the race. Has more flexibility for chip to plug and play.

Would prefer just both to be cut though

Poor Barkley, he went from being a top 10 draft pick to getting drafted in the 4th round to this.

Bring on the season. I would suggest putting money on a great first game from bradford, atl defense still lacks talent.

What is the chances that all 3 ilbs rotate vs the falcons? I think kendricks and alonso are good to go, but I am pessimistic about domeco.

If for some shithouse reason tebow has to play due to sanchez and bradford being out, he think he will be alot better than what he is right now due to his work ethic. He did lead his team to the playoffs and a wildcard win. I would rather tebow than about 80% of other team's 3rd stringers.

Matt Barkley is the cautionary tale that the NCAA and college teams never wanted.

That extra year of university quite literally cost him in the order of $50m, because it's safe to assume that even if he'd gone to the combine and had some of his flaws exposed, he was still comfortably going to be taken in the first round by a desperate team.

I can't imagine how uncomfortable it must be kicking your own arse every morning for your stupidity...

Rasheem Mostert broke out for 162 yards on 23 touches in Thursday’s preseason loss to the Jets.

He caught 93 yards worth of passes and added another 69 yards on the ground. Mostert has made a compelling case this preseason with 361 yards on 53 touches, though it’s tough to see him overtaking Kenjon Barner for the final spot at running back. He’s likely headed to the practice squad.

Rasheem Mostert broke out for 162 yards on 23 touches in Thursday’s preseason loss to the Jets.

He caught 93 yards worth of passes and added another 69 yards on the ground. Mostert has made a compelling case this preseason with 361 yards on 53 touches, though it’s tough to see him overtaking Kenjon Barner for the final spot at running back. He’s likely headed to the practice squad.
Was impressive today

Brett Tessler ‏@TesslerSports 52m52 minutes ago
The Philadelphia Eagles are releasing RB Raheem Mostert who led the entire NFL in yards from scrimmage and total yards this preseason.

yep, looks to be headed for the practice squad

Down to 57. 4 more to come but apparently very active try to deal a few players ... Goode the main one.

Biggest names released

Jaylen Watkins
Randall Evans
Ed Reynolds
Chris Prosinski

We only have 3 players from the 2015 draft on the roster with Shep on IR and the other 3 cut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back