Traded Steve Johnson [traded to GWS for 2016 fifth round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Well the best list in the comp would have talent on every line.

Not close to every line.
You've got a big chip on ya shoulder don't ya buddy.
You just worry about your own list, we'll be just fine.

Noooo! Do not want!
He'd be good at Richmond, you need someone with premiership experience on your list and he'd bag you 40 goals a year. That said, I hope he stays.

He'd be good at Richmond, you need someone with premiership experience on your list and he'd bag you 40 goals a year. That said, I hope he stays.

He'd have a lot of other forwards to compete with.

Main forwards:

Riewoldt 2.3 goals per game
Deledio - 1.5 goals per game,
Vickery - 2.1 goals per game
Griffiths - 1 goal per game
Edwards - 0.8 goals per game
Lennon - 0.75 goals per game

Then the lesser preferred

Lloyd - 1.1 goals per game
Gordon - 0.8 goals per game
McBean - 42 goals in the VFL this season

Then the few mids who have short stints in the forward line. Especially Martin because he goes missing as soon as he's tagged.

I wouldn't be too disappointed if we picked him up, but I'd certainly be surprised. I just don't think we're the right club for him.

He'd easily be your next best forward behind Lids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'd have a lot of other forwards to compete with.

Main forwards:

Riewoldt 2.3 goals per game
Deledio - 1.5 goals per game,
Vickery - 2.1 goals per game
Griffiths - 1 goal per game
Edwards - 0.8 goals per game
Lennon - 0.75 goals per game

Then the lesser preferred

Lloyd - 1.1 goals per game
Gordon - 0.8 goals per game
McBean - 42 goals in the VFL this season

Then the few mids who have short stints in the forward line. Especially Martin because he goes missing as soon as he's tagged.

I wouldn't be too disappointed if we picked him up, but I'd certainly be surprised. I just don't think we're the right club for him.

I pretty sure the Tigers are into Johnson, but me the Tigers need small forward who is quick.

Looking at the above players, Johnson would keep out the likes of Lennon, Lloyd and Martin plays a lot of Forward makes a crowded forward line.

I pretty sure the Tigers are into Johnson, but me the Tigers need small forward who is quick.

Looking at the above players, Johnson would keep out the likes of Lennon, Lloyd and Martin plays a lot of Forward makes a crowded forward line.
We have a bunch of quick smalls developing already
- Short
- Butler
- Castagna (plays more half back atm)

Still can play, and Richmond will be looking at making next year count. Newman, Foley, Knights, Petterd all retired - why not go for Stevie J for a season?

With Goodes retiring i really hope Tom Harley is getting into Stevie's ear. He would walk into our vacant forward spot left by Goodes next year and really mentor Heeney, Rose and co for a year or two.

I don't understand how a champion ala Chapman, Hunt go to teams that aren't close to a flag. It makes them look average and not be remembered the champion Geelong players they were. I don't think Richmond are on the verge so, Hawks already have enough old timers so that leaves maybe Freo or Sydney as possible suitors.

I don't understand how a champion ala Chapman, Hunt go to teams that aren't close to a flag. It makes them look average and not be remembered the champion Geelong players they were. I don't think Richmond are on the verge so, Hawks already have enough old timers so that leaves maybe Freo or Sydney as possible suitors.

Johnson has a young family and both he and his wife are from Victoria. Last year he knocked back a potential trade to GWS. He'd have to really want to play on to decide to relocate interstate for what would likely be a year, maximum two. FWIW I think he's likely to end up at Richmond, or as an assistant coach somewhere else.

Would you want to see him the yellow sash running around in a team that is no closer to a flag than Geelong. I just think it's pointless or if he does have something to offer then Geelong should have kept on for another year.

Johnson has a young family and both he and his wife are from Victoria. Last year he knocked back a potential trade to GWS. He'd have to really want to play on to decide to relocate interstate for what would likely be a year, maximum two. FWIW I think he's likely to end up at Richmond, or as an assistant coach somewhere else.
If he gets into coaching he has to be flexible and move to the interstate teams

North Melbourne seems the best option as he fits the age profile.

Stevie J as coach:
You're twenty out, hardly any angle. What the hell were you doing lining up a drop punt. That's a snap every day of the week. Pull your head in and play the percentages.

You had the ball just inside the boundary inside fifty the whole forward line had ran off their men loose in the corridor and you centered it?? Outside of the foot snap at goal! Fks sake mate they dragged their men away from goal for you. Get on board the team bus or you'll be watching the games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back