Autopsy Geelong defeat Adelaide by 39 points

Remove this Banner Ad

you're obviously not reading all the posts in the thread....

It's the end of the season, guys! Lighten up- embrace the win, celebrate the outgoing champions of the game- three of the nicest blokes- and keep the vitriol and backstabbing for the list thread or something.

How can we not be positive after this game! I'm not reading every post, but those that are getting snippy, just give it a break. Bloody great effort by the
entire team today. Rejoice in seeing these three champs leave.

Passion and Pride
COHn-4SXAAAgcmh.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice send off but I can't help feeling a touch frustrated for a few reasons.

A couple of horrible losses have stuffed our season. We go out and win today like we did and it's hard to reconcile the fluctuations in form this year. Adelaide were appalling today so I'm not too sure you can read into this game to much. But, I think it did confirm that SJ has at least another year in him.

Positives were the form of Mackie, Guthrie and I thought Vardy. If we can get him capable of getting long strings of games together then, along with Menzel, we are a very different team. Add Duncan who had a year from hell, Caddy, Danger and Henderson then you'd think we could bounce back into playing finals next year.

Congrats SJ, Kelly and Stokes on great careers.

Now on to silly season....

How can we not be positive after this game! I'm not reading every post, but those that are getting snippy, just give it a break. Bloody great effort by the
entire team today. Rejoice in seeing these three champs leave.
Yeah, I'm still feeling sad/happy- can't even begin to dissect the game yet. :( Was so happy to see all the champions step up for the Grand Finale today- SJ, Stokesy, Kelly, Jimmy, Boris, Mackie, Selwood- only Lonners was quiet and Harry didn't have a clue for most of the game but these boys really put on the afterburners and sent their teammates off with a bang, didn't they?

I was pleased to see Walker perform well out of the square- having the pressure off him did him good, I thought. I really think he plays better there, though his tank is wasted, than when he's further up the ground.

Lions just beat the Dogs, btw. :)

Geez what a great day, but * me I'm an emotional wreak.
Love the Champs in their last game, love the club, love the supporters, love bloody anyone at the moment.
For those asking why they didn't play like that all year, well clearly this was one hell of an emotional game and one that the entire club dug down deep to win it for them, you can't expect that every day week!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back