Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Glenorchy won well. I'd hate to see the result if they'd kicked straight. I thought it'd be a closer contest.

North Launy fell in it seems. Lauderdale did better than I thought. They still cant get near the big dance despite 3 or 4 good years for them. They just cant crack the best 3 teams when it counts.

Burnie v North Launy at Aurora, I can't pick it.

For anyone interested the team of the year has been announced

B Arnold(Glen) Cleary(Glen) Nankervis(NL)
HB Walters(Bur) Reynolds(Glen) Hardy(Bur)
C Cox(Clar) Webb(C)(Glen) Willis(Tig)
HF Smith(Bur) Cassidy(Laud) Bowden(Glen)
F Mcdonald(Bur) Dobosz(HC) Mcnab(Dev)
FOLL Laycock(Bur) Whitford(NL) Petterwood(NL)
INT Roozendaal(NL) Walsh(Laud) Bennett(NL) Harper(WS)

Coach Aaron Cornelius
Ass Coach Clint Proctor

As normal this time of year brings rumours but I heard this today

Cornelious has secured job in Victoria TAC cup

David Newitt to coach pies next year in high performance roll

big loss if it is true about A C. got to admire the bloke thru all that has happened he has stayed focused on the club and quality of football he has demanded just shows by the results so far this year. lot to like about this young bloke.

rumour mill working overtime again around this time of year laycock to coach Lauderdale, winter bench coach. not a bad rumour. I personally don't think it will happen but stranger things have happened. thurley Hobart city bound??? I thought richter would be a shoe in. anyway time to sleep.

big loss if it is true about A C. got to admire the bloke thru all that has happened he has stayed focused on the club and quality of football he has demanded just shows by the results so far this year. lot to like about this young bloke.

rumour mill working overtime again around this time of year laycock to coach Lauderdale, winter bench coach. not a bad rumour. I personally don't think it will happen but stranger things have happened. thurley Hobart city bound??? I thought richter would be a shoe in. anyway time to sleep.
I think the Laycock rumor is just that, a rumor. At this stage from what I have heard he will most likely still play for the Dockers next year but nothing is certain in football especially at this time of year. It wouldn't surprise me if Thurley ends up at Hobart City especially if Winter stays on at Lauderdale. Big loss for Glenorchy if Cornelius takes a TAC cup job as he has done an outstanding job with them and has set them up for years to come in my opinion.

I think the Laycock rumor is just that, a rumor. At this stage from what I have heard he will most likely still play for the Dockers next year but nothing is certain in football especially at this time of year. It wouldn't surprise me if Thurley ends up at Hobart City especially if Winter stays on at Lauderdale. Big loss for Glenorchy if Cornelius takes a TAC cup job as he has done an outstanding job with them and has set them up for years to come in my opinion.

Hard to see Laycock taking on a coaching role, the whole Idea of him moving to Hobart is because his wife wants to be closer to her family as he will be working interstate every second week.
It will be a massive loss to Glenorchy and the whole competition if Aaron leaves, he is by far the best coach we have seen here for many years, I cant remember a team playing the way Glenorchy have this season, there have obviously been some good teams over the years but generally the teams win because they have the best players, Glenorchy beat teams with there game plan and style of play, its a massive feather in Ace's cap.

Hard to see Laycock taking on a coaching role, the whole Idea of him moving to Hobart is because his wife wants to be closer to her family as he will be working interstate every second week.
It will be a massive loss to Glenorchy and the whole competition if Aaron leaves, he is by far the best coach we have seen here for many years, I cant remember a team playing the way Glenorchy have this season, there have obviously been some good teams over the years but generally the teams win because they have the best players, Glenorchy beat teams with there game plan and style of play, its a massive feather in Ace's cap.

They have a very good midfield with Bowden, Webb, Mott as the 3 amigos. But they seem to have other midfielders everywhere. I'm just surprised they have done so well without Cornelius even playing.

Still its not over until 4.30 next saturday!

They have a very good midfield with Bowden, Webb, Mott as the 3 amigos. But they seem to have other midfielders everywhere. I'm just surprised they have done so well without Cornelius even playing.

Still its not over until 4.30 next saturday!

Yeah for sure, they are there best 3 along with Reynolds down back and Shitty Muir up forward but they have been there best 5 for quite a few years now, its the way he has the others in the team playing, they all just play there role and it all just comes together like a jigsaw puzzle.
Yes, anything can happen in a grand final, it only takes for something to be slightly off and you can get done, they seem to well and truly have Burnie's measure, so for the games sake lets hope North Launceston can win through to the big one, it will at least create a bit of the unknown with the Bombers having beaten them only 4 or 5 weeks ago.

Yeah for sure, they are there best 3 along with Reynolds down back and Shitty Muir up forward but they have been there best 5 for quite a few years now, its the way he has the others in the team playing, they all just play there role and it all just comes together like a jigsaw puzzle.
Yes, anything can happen in a grand final, it only takes for something to be slightly off and you can get done, they seem to well and truly have Burnie's measure, so for the games sake lets hope North Launceston can win through to the big one, it will at least create a bit of the unknown with the Bombers having beaten them only 4 or 5 weeks ago.

Yes a 2 point game so it could be tight again. What do you think will happen with NL v Burnie at Aurora? Can the Northern Bombers beat them on the big ground?

Yes a 2 point game so it could be tight again. What do you think will happen with NL v Burnie at Aurora? Can the Northern Bombers beat them on the big ground?
Its hard to tip a winner out of Burnie and North Launceston but I have a feeling North may just get over the line. The 2 sides have played 4 times this year with the score 2 wins each. As far as the grand final goes I really cant see either of these sides beating Glenorchy in Hobart. When you weight it all up Glenorchy have a home final advantage plus they will be very fresh. North did beat Glenorchy last time at Aurora in a close game after Glenorchy gave away a couple of goals with 50m penalties but I think the Magpies are a very even side with many contributors and they don't rely on a few stars. Just another point I wonder if there would be any interest for AFL clubs to draft Daniel Roozendaal. He is carrying some extra weight but is virtually unstoppable at TSL level.

Its hard to tip a winner out of Burnie and North Launceston but I have a feeling North may just get over the line. The 2 sides have played 4 times this year with the score 2 wins each. As far as the grand final goes I really cant see either of these sides beating Glenorchy in Hobart. When you weight it all up Glenorchy have a home final advantage plus they will be very fresh. North did beat Glenorchy last time at Aurora in a close game after Glenorchy gave away a couple of goals with 50m penalties but I think the Magpies are a very even side with many contributors and they don't rely on a few stars. Just another point I wonder if there would be any interest for AFL clubs to draft Daniel Roozendaal. He is carrying some extra weight but is virtually unstoppable at TSL level.

Highly unlikely he would be drafted, he dominates here because of his size and strength, in the AFL he would be absolutely run off his feet and the ruckmen would be much taller than him.

I am tipping the Bombers to turn the tables, no real confidence though, could go either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roozendaal is a very good player in the TSL but I wouldn't think that he'd be on the radar of any AFL clubs, out of the whole TSL there is probably only one player likely to be drafted, one with a reasonable chance and a couple of others who may be given a chance as rookies. It is a very tough gig to get on an AFL list.

Roozendaal is a very good player in the TSL but I wouldn't think that he'd be on the radar of any AFL clubs, out of the whole TSL there is probably only one player likely to be drafted, one with a reasonable chance and a couple of others who may be given a chance as rookies. It is a very tough gig to get on an AFL list.

Who do you think that would be?

My magpie work mate thinks they have 3 chances? Arnold, Rainbird & The mariners captain Hayden.

Who do you think that would be?

My magpie work mate thinks they have 3 chances? Arnold, Rainbird & The mariners captain Hayden.
Mitch Hibberd clarence likely, Kiernan Lovell kingborough reasonable chance, possible rookies Nick Dodge lauderdale, Mitch Rainbird glenorchy. Other glenorchy boys would be slight chances. Good luck to them.

Last edited:
[E="madmug, post: 40808896, member: 76371"]Who do you think that would be?

My magpie work mate thinks they have 3 chances? Arnold, Rainbird & The mariners captain Hayden.[/QUOTE]
Keiron Lovell most likely will be drafted, one that hasn't been mentioned is McKenzie Willis, gold coast have been watching at least twice in the later roster matches

Oh I am sorry, I wasn't aware the draft had already taken place.
May I suggest you stop responding to my posts, your a **** wit!!
Sorry Darren, but I'll reply to whatever posts I like, I won't be bullied by you or intimidated when you type abusive swear words. Would be good if you could leave the tough guy bs back in the 80s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back