Will the current Sydney midfield be better DTers than the 2010-14 Collingwood midfield next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Just putting this out there

The more and more I think about it, are Sydney like Collingwood's heir to the Dreamteam throne?

We still have great scoring years from Pendles and Sidebottom to come, while Adams and Grundy had breakout seasons and Langdon may be the next Heath Shaw, but how long does Swannie have left etc and Beams has already left.

Sydney have Josh Kennedy putting in more consistent scoring now with 2 seasons in a row averaging over 100 (first time in his career after averaging 101 in 2012 but fell badly in 2013 with a 90 avg), Hannebery has been one of the best DTers this season, Parker and Mitchell coming through, Jack was solid in 2012-13 and then there's that headcase Buddy ;) we can also pick now.

Should we load up with Sydney types going forward now also?

Its a tough one. Because they have so many players who can run through the midfield where they get played can often determine how they score. For example with the inclusion of Titch in the team I think Parker started playing much more forward than he otherwise would have. I guess what I am getting at is that with all these players who can play through the midfield, will there be enough points to go around? Sometimes it is much easier to pick players in team where you know they will receive most of the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back