Mega Thread The Flat Earth Mega thread.

What shape is the Earth?

• Globe

• Flat circle

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ancient Egyptians thought the Earth was Flat and the River Nile flowed through the centre

They also thought that if they buried a pharoah with his slaves, the slaves would serve him in the afterlife. Same with food and beer. They also thought that a beetle chased the sun across the sky.

They were on drugs.

Yep. Or skydiving or something like Felix Baumgartner's free fall.

felixjump_1.jpg
You've obviously never heard of a fish eye lens.

If the earth is flat then the edges must be like in pacman where you go in 1 side and pop out the other. That sounds kinda fun.

I'll also say that anyone who thinks the earth is flat obviously doesn't realise that their map is not a literal model of the earth and they should be shamed.

I was walking down the street last night and I looked up at the moon. The strange thing was, knowing the sun was shining on it from below, making it into a crescent, I could see the circular shape of it. Hanging there in the sky, I could see it was an orb.

The other funny thing is that if I can see this, as I have on thousands of occasions, so could people 5000, 10,000, 20,000 years ago. IE, mankind has known the moon is an orb for all of mankind's history. It is right there to see for ourselves. So, why did people ever think the earth was flat, when it's so clear the moon is an orb?

Because god
and all that other stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Ancient Greeks knew the Earth was a sphere, so its been known for a while. I guess if you don't have a concept of much beyond your own little region it's easy to think the world is flat.

Have you ever seen a conspiracy theory that benefited anyone?
errrrrrrr....JFK? 9/11? Stacks of people made stacks of money and attained more power due to those two alone. Do you even understand the premier guiding principle when looking into a possible conspiracy? Cui Bono?

Back