Elimination Final Discussion Thread: Dogs v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That may have been the case, but the reason it was played at Geelong (or should have been played at Etihad) is because there were 2 finals in Melbourne on the same day.

So they were worried about the melbourne transport system dealing with the stress? Lol What kind of reason is that?

Sorry mate, I can't pay that. They play two games on the same day during the h/a season at Etihad and the mcg, so they can do it during the finals.

There is no excuse. They are ******* us. Again. Let's not let them do it without a fight. I hope the board and Gordon adequately represents us.

There are obviously two clear cut pros and cons to each argument.

On one hand, we get invaluable finals experience at the MCG, but we don't get a real home ground advantage.

On the other hand, if we played at Etihad we'd be much better chances to win our first final. But we then go into an even bigger final at the MCG without much experience there and could get destroyed against a Hawthorn.

Both are valid points. It really depends on which you value more, MCG experience or a better chance at a finals win.

Dont let this rubbish crow team worry you guys. The had a soft draw, and snuck in to the finals. Youre Bulldogs are playing fast, tough free flowing football. Smash them in the first quarter and its all over. Youve done it once this year to them.

Do it on the G. Thats where you have to win big finals. Dont worry about todays game. You lost against Brisbane because you knew what happened to the cows. You backed off.

Play the Bulldogs way and get redemption against these campaigners. No excuses.

Now that we're such a high drawing team, I'm looking forward to us getting a heap of Friday night home and away matches at the MCG next year.

c103.jpg

Last edited:
So they were worried about the melbourne transport system dealing with the stress? Lol What kind of reason is that?

Sorry mate, I can't pay that. They play two games on the same day during the h/a season at Etihad and he mcg, so they can do it during the finals.

There is no excuse. They are ******* us. Again. Let's not let them do it without a fight. I hope the board and Gordon adequately represents us.

We won't fight this. I've no doubt Gordon is in the AFL's ear about a few things though - namely Friday night games and more MCG matches for next year. This year is all about the experience - and I'm fairly confident we'll win Sat night. Choose our battles wisely.

They are clearly a much better team than they were and finals footy is for men

They will smash us inside and beat us quite easily I believe

But no failure this year for us even if I'm right it's a great effort

You're right. We might as well not bother turning up. We have no chance.

Finals is for men, just like its for teams that haven't lost their captain, coach and best player... Oh wait...

Sorry mate, I can't pay that. They play two games on the same day during the h/a season at Etihad and the mcg, so they can do it during the finals.

Ya still here gangsta, i remember you from the good old Bay13 days.

Nothing to do with transport. They couldn't play 2 games at the MCG on the same day so had to play at another ground.

There are not 2 games on the same day this year hence why both games are at the G.

We won't fight this. I've no doubt Gordon is in the AFL's ear about a few things though - namely Friday night games and more MCG matches for next year. This year is all about the experience - and I'm fairly confident we'll win Sat night. Choose our battles wisely.

We should choose our battles whenever we are unjustly treated. Like now.

What do you want me to say?

You couldn't say a good word about the club this time last year and sure enough after an unexpected loss today, it's back to form.

I don't understand 'supporters' like you. Most of us are excited by the prospect of finals for the first time since 2010, but at every party there's always one sad sack who sits in the corner, popping balloons and generally giving every the s****.
Whenever I read one of his posts I need to double check that I haven't stumbled onto the main board.

Nothing to do with transport. They couldn't play 2 games at the MCG on the same day so had to play at another ground.

There are not 2 games on the same day this year hence why both games are at the G.

Why didn't they play at etihad, with a higher capacity, then?

They fought for their rights and were vindicated. We need to do the same.

According to Stevo, Bob and Bevo had no problem with the game being played at the mcg and as such Gordon hasn't raised it as an issue with the AFL
If Bob's happy then I'm happy. ;)

If you're a player you'd be fine playing at the G I reckon. It's just a matter of principle.

If Geelong vs Freo wasn't at Geelong a few years ago it wouldn't be a big deal.

Oh well. We hopefully get to play at the G a few more times this season. :)

Now that we're such a high drawing team, I'm looking forward to us getting a heap of Friday night home and away matches at the MCG next year.

c103.jpg
Keep playing exciting footy, go deep into the finals and it should be rightfully yours. I'm sorry to intrude guys, but i'm fully on your bandwagon. I want you to knock off the camrys, then keep going. Youre my adopted team, if thats possible for me.

Just do it!!!!! Knock those fruit loop spuds off and move on. Get to a prelim and redemtion is yours. Do it for me :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep playing exciting footy, go deep into the finals and it should be rightfully yours. I'm sorry to intrude guys, but i'm fully on your bandwagon. I want you to knock off the camrys, then keep going. Youre my adopted team, if thats possible for me.

Just do it!!!!! Knock those fruit loop spuds off and move on. Get to a prelim and redemtion is yours. Do it for me :)

Thanks buddy. Those of us unfortunate to have endured the '97 and '98 Prelims need nothing to get us fired up for this week. Those two days are seared into my brain and I would love nothing more than to send them packing next Saturday night.

Thanks buddy. Those of us unfortunate to have endured the '97 and '98 Prelims need nothing to get us fired up for this week. Those two days are seared into my brain and I would love nothing more than to send them packing next Saturday night.
Do it for me. Those prelims have scared me for life. Ive never gotten over it.

Today we were crap. The main board is full of tossers convinced we are crap (mainly Richmond and St Kilda fans). But we have a home final in Melbourne when I thought we were going to win 5 games. So screw them :) I'm as happy as a dog with two dicks :)

In Footscrays A game., bring that suburban, tough football next week.

Out camry cows franchise crap.

Dont let these pissants beat you again in a final. Its not a prelim guys, do the job and get the stinking crow off your back. Ive loved the footy you guys have been playing under Beveridge. Keep it going!!!!!
Thanks for the rev up and thanks for calling us FOOTSCRAY .

Just ran into a certain young Doggies player out in Melbourne who played today in Brisbane. Asked if today was regarded as a dead rubber, "yeah mate, shhh don't tell anyone!"

so what defensive line up do we go in with?

Does Roberts stay in or do we go back to playing small? Or Talia who killed Walker last time. Good problems to have but damn they are hard decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back