Opinion Changes for Qualifying Final v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

I just thought of something. Ellis to Rosa HB spot and Rosa to wing. With Newman sub

Newman is the best sub we have. Very classy and kicked lots of goals

Issac Smith will be out with a knee injury which is a help to us.
Hartung will be his likely replacement and he had 20odd touches and kicked 2 goals last time (round 19).

We need to get our changes & sub choice right.
I'm hoping Schofield is right to go. Gunstan 0 goals / Roughead 1 goal in rd19.
Unlikely to happen again. (goalless this time ;))

Hartung will be his likely replacement and he had 20odd touches and kicked 2 goals last time (round 19).

We need to get our changes & sub choice right.
I'm hoping Schofield is right to go. Gunstan 0 goals / Roughead 1 goal in rd19.
Unlikely to happen again. (goalless this time ;))
Losing Issac Smith will be a real blow to them as I believe that he is one of their most important play makers.

He is vital to their structure and is irreplaceable.

I know the boys want this match up more than the fans. They will be a lot more confident than us right now.

Simmo will be all over this! Smith is a massive out and Nic Nat is a huge advantage. I hope we get in their faces from the start.

I know it's old school but ginners to hodge early with a few Steve Motop like jabs would be ideal. If hurn had been done for DUI the week before a final the Hawks would be all over him.

Let's not pass up the chance to bury an aging team of the decade. We did it to brisbane and it was the start of something special.

If we win this I'm going to blast horses for a week. Cringeworthy s**t from Hawthorn after beating a team who lost their two ruckman prior to the first bounce.
Terrible song to sing ! Surprised they didn't do an encore of 'jagged little pill'

We'll bring in McGinnity for Masten.

Tough, contested beast - exactly what you need for finals footy.

That being said I want Newman just for X-factor, pace and creativity late in the game. If his hand was 100% I'd back him in but we'll go the conservative tried and tested option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schofield a definite in

Masten a definite out

Nelson might be unlucky as the only other player to miss. Not sure of the best option to come in if he does - probably a coin toss between paddy whack and scooter

Obviously Schofield comes in if fit and that means the least credentialled defender goes out, i.e Nelson. Ellis is a bit of a worry though.

Horrible luck for Masten. I'd go with Mcginnity. For all his faults I think he's been pretty solid in his recent appearances. The other thing in his favour is that the weather forecast for Friday night looks wet. It'll suit him. I have zero confidence in Selwood. Can barely run and can't kick, not great for a footballer. Newman could be an inspired choice but I don't think he's played enough footy this year.

After what happened in Round 19 a bullseye needs to put on Mitchell. I'd be prepared to wear an early free kick or two just to have someone in his face non-stop from the opening bounce. I was actually hoping someone might be given a 'practice run' on Armitage or Steven last night.

Hello Eagles. Good luck against the Dawks on Friday.

How do you rate your chances?

I rate us about even. Home ground and Naitanui back and in form. Hawks losing Smith is probably a bit like if we lost Gaff (more than Masten).

It will probably be one of the most tense games I'll ever watch though.

Lecras has to play that rotating role, can't be moved for Masten or we lose too much up forward.

I'd love to see Nelson move midfield and Schoey take his spot down back but I think the change will be Selwood in.

The sub HAS to be one of Selwood, Ellis, Butler, Newman, Mcginnity etc ...

Ellis and Butler in the sense they're most likely to get injured / older boys but good players

Selwood / Newman / Mcginnity in the sense they're the furthest from best 22.

Rosa needs to play a full game, he's a needed link up player who's strengths aren't suited to an impact role but more over a full game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back