Upper Murray 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Well guys prelim is now over Cudgie advance for a rematch with feds in G.F.
The game between tumba/cudgie on Saturday came down to the last 15mins between both teams with cudgie able to run away with a 23pt win.The 1st quarter I think cudgie surprised tumba playing James Cleven in the forward line took some strong marks but his kicking for goal was s**t.With Jarrod Turner going down in the last 10mins of the 1st quarter not to return until the 3rd quarter.Both sides kicking 3gls each cudgie going into the second quarter with a 1pt lead.2nd quarter tumba kicked 3gls 2 to cudgies 1gl 3 with tumba having most of the play but cudgies backline standing up.Tumba went into the half time break with a 10pt lead.3rd quarter was where tumba could of done some damage,with Jarrod Turner coming back on gave them a lot more drive through the midfield but when they went forward 8 out of 10 kicks went to the pocket not the goal square where Ben Carey was one on one[when you have a choice to kick to the square or pocket take the square because you take the pressure off the opposition when you go to the pockets].Cudgie through the efforts of Ben Aalbers, Dane Authers, Alan Cleven, and young Jackson Brown and a few others got control back of the game and were able to kick 4gls 5 to tumba 2gls. Last quarter tumba kicked accouple of quick gls to get back within 9pts but that's where it ended.Ben Aalbers and a few others started running through the lines witch put more pressure on tumba's backline resulting in cudgie kicking 5gls to tumba's 3gls. A fare few players from both sides would be very sore the next day, there was a few little flare-ups during the game but that's expected in finals.
My best players for Tumba were Cayden Winter, Tim Post, Quinn Rooney, Fergus Whitehead, Mark Parr and Alex Jones
For Cudgie I thought Ben Aalbers, Dane Authers, Joel Bailey,Alan Cleven, Mitchell Pynapples
My money is on Feds next week with Williams an Collins returning
U not up for a grandfinal review?

Guys I thought my reveiw in Thursday paper of that week sumed it up even though I tipped feds they didn't control the players from cudgie I mentioned but feel free to put one in yourself should be a good read see you all next season

so whats the latest in the upper murray, any news ie coaching changes early recruits and departures? have heard bill deery maybe taking the reins at Cudgewa next year and that bullioh may continue to slide down the ladder any thoughts?

so whats the latest in the upper murray, any news ie coaching changes early recruits and departures? have heard bill deery maybe taking the reins at Cudgewa next year and that bullioh may continue to slide down the ladder any thoughts?
Bullioh to climb ladder with new key signings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have heard Billy Deery is putting his hand up again.

I have heard the same thing, apparently lezius put his hand up to do it again but got overruled in favour of deery, bit harsh on a guy who has just coached you to a flag but obviously there is a lot of love for deery at cudgy.

any news on corryongs alledged recruiting spree any results yet?

a great time of the year for chinese whispers but I herd a couple of cudgy boys were on the move with whitehead any 1 confirm that??

have heard with Barnawartha's recent coaching appointment Corryong's Barny connection could be on the move back home
can anyone deny or confirm this?

Well the bullshit season is up and about players going here an there.It seems some clubs have come into some dollars for next season, offering big dollars to players who are not really worth it but if they are going to be offered it some will use it as a bargaining tool to get more from there club[ my answer is let them go].Have heard the same Deery to coach Cudgie don't know who is coaching Bullioh so I will stick with P.Dean for the moment but they do need to recruit some younger players because their list is getting abit long in the tooth.

Looks like walwa could be the big improves next year! Talk is they have signed 3/4 from Holbrook and 3/4 from thurgoona seconds. Deery is coaching Cudgewa and have signed 4/5 already and only lost hall so there only getting stronger. Feds are quiet so far with rumours of only departures. Corryong offering blokes massive money

Looks like walwa could be the big improves next year! Talk is they have signed 3/4 from Holbrook and 3/4 from thurgoona seconds. Deery is coaching Cudgewa and have signed 4/5 already and only lost hall so there only getting stronger. Feds are quiet so far with rumours of only departures. Corryong offering blokes massive money
Any names on the thurgoona blokes? And same for cudgewa ?

How has Corryong reacted loosing their recruits from last year? Anyone know of any confirmed ins and outs or when the season is going to start?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back