goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
does anyone have a photo of the pre 1960's west torrens and norwood jumper.
timmy

Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
Norwood have pretty much worn the same as what they wear now: navy blue jumper with red collar and cuffs. They have also had different versions of Melbourne jumpers as well including the small and large yolks.

Not 100% sure on West Torrens but I think they had blue and yellow stripes, but they may have also had a blue jumper with a yellow sash, or a blue jumper with the eagle on the front - given it's pre-60s I think the eagle jumper is what you're after as the old football club from where I live, Koolunga Football Club, was reformed in the late 50s/60s and the bloke who reformed the KFC was a West Torrens supporter and member, and used West Torrens jumpers for the club.

raboyle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2001
X Convenience Oval, Elizabeth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC (SANFL), Port Melb (VFL)
Norwood have pretty much worn the same as what they wear now: navy blue jumper with red collar and cuffs. They have also had different versions of Melbourne jumpers as well including the small and large yolks.

Not 100% sure on West Torrens but I think they had blue and yellow stripes, but they may have also had a blue jumper with a yellow sash, or a blue jumper with the eagle on the front - given it's pre-60s I think the eagle jumper is what you're after as the old football club from where I live, Koolunga Football Club, was reformed in the late 50s/60s and the bloke who reformed the KFC was a West Torrens supporter and member, and used West Torrens jumpers for the club.

The era of guys like Bob Hank and Lindsay Head saw WTFC wear a blue jumper with a gold eagle on it. The blue with gold sash was their last jumper, adopted during the 1970's I believe.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Norwood always had the traditional jumper until 1960 when coach Alan Killigrew wanted the club to be known as "Demons" following Melbourne's successes in the VFL, and Norwood wore the Melbourne style jumper. When Haydn Bunton took over as coach on 1965, they went back to the familiar style we know today, as well as being known as Redlegs.

West Torrens up until 1941 wore Collingwood style blue & gold vertical stripes and then reverted to blue with a gold sash up until its flag in 1953. I think the year after it adopted the blue with a large eagle on the chest which lasted until 1971 when the eagle was make smaller and worn on the left breast. In the mid 70s they reverted back to the blue and gold vertical stripes, then back to the blue and gold sash when Kerley took over in 1977.

Back