Toast Thank you Adam Simpson

Remove this Banner Ad

You've done so much for this club in such a short space of time and I don't think anybody here would have wanted anybody except yourself to be in that box today. You handle yourself with the utmost integrity and professionalism at all times and you represent everything that is wonderful about this footy club and about footy in general.

You were the man I wanted from the moment Woosha left the position. For a second year coach to do what you have is so impressive and I'm looking forward to following you on this journey to go one step further in the next few years.

I love you Adam Simpson.

12105715_1029838363770749_905364816280587493_n.jpg

Did a great job; hopefully his coaching career at WCE is following the Mick Malthouse path - grand final loss to the Hawks in the second year and a premiership in the third year.

We lost today and that hurts and cuts f****** deep for all of us.

But going forward I feel we are in very safe hands with Simpson as Coach.

He was my preferred coach when Woosha left....... by a mile........ and nothing he has done to this date has me feeling any other way.

He had tweeked our game plan before and he will do it again.

The Club faced adversity this season even before the real games for points began and we then soared to heights we didn't even dare to dream.

Our Club is made of the right stuff and over the years the pain of grand final defeats has stirred and inspired us to better things.

Out of our darkest days have come our brightest hours.

Any mistake is a good mistake if you learn from it, thats our challenge.

2015 has been a learning year and Mr Simpson I applaud you and your team of coaches.

Tomorrows a brand new day and no one has messed it up yet, so onward we go as a CLUB to bigger and better things in 2016.

My heart breaks for Simmo and seeing that pic doesn't help. :-(

Thank you Adam Simpson for a truly marvellous year. I know you'll do your very damnest for the club and the players. All the very best for 2016.

I really like Simpson. I love his demeanour and his interaction with the players.

I just hope that he continues to push our squad and try new things rather than going back in with the same strategy and same line up and hoping it'll deliver.

Something wasn't quite right - we have a few too many unreliable players that should be phased out. And we need to work out how to counteract opposition sides from anticipating what NN is going to do, and how to prevent guys like Mitchell from getting on the end of every clearance without necessarily playing a tagger.

Education seems to be his #1 priority though, and I'm sure that applies to himself. He'll continue to innovate and improve, so I don't think we'll ever be a one-trick pony side.

ndot is like a cancer, just when you think you got rid of it he reappears and metastasises.
I think I've ignored him so I'm not sure if he's been posting or not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We lost today and that hurts and cuts f****** deep for all of us.

But going forward I feel we are in very safe hands with Simpson as Coach.

He was my preferred coach when Woosha left....... by a mile........ and nothing he has done to this date has me feeling any other way.

He had tweeked our game plan before and he will do it again.

The Club faced adversity this season even before the real games for points began and we then soared to heights we didn't even dare to dream.

Our Club is made of the right stuff and over the years the pain of grand final defeats has stirred and inspired us to better things.

Out of our darkest days have come our brightest hours.

Any mistake is a good mistake if you learn from it, thats our challenge.

2015 has been a learning year and Mr Simpson I applaud you and your team of coaches.

Tomorrows a brand new day and no one has messed it up yet, so onward we go as a CLUB to bigger and better things in 2016.
Liked then unliked purely so I could like this twice

Love your work Monocle

If I've learnt anything from watching Simmo over the last two years it is this - he is acutely aware of where we are at as a team, he knows our strengths, and our weaknesses, he knows which players to back in and which ones to needle, he has a plan, he doesn't over react, he is as competitive as any coach we've had (even in comparison to Mick and Woosha so that's no faint praise) and he has the faith of the players

His season was one of the great coaching efforts despite today not being his finest hour - he was outcoached and the team didn't perform but he will learn from it and will spend the off season not only stewing on it but planning on making us better in 2016

Simpson's another great product of the Hawthorn era of dominance. My preference initially when Woosh departed was Alan Richardson who is doing positive things with a younger list at St. Kilda as well but I'm ahppy in the decision of the board.

Feel the club is in good hands with Simmo and hopefully he can be a long term coach for us like Woosha was

If I've learnt anything from watching Simmo over the last two years it is this - he is acutely aware of where we are at as a team, he knows our strengths, and our weaknesses, he knows which players to back in and which ones to needle, he has a plan, he doesn't over react, he is as competitive as any coach we've had (even in comparison to Mick and Woosha so that's no faint praise) and he has the faith of the players

His season was one of the great coaching efforts despite today not being his finest hour - he was outcoached and the team didn't perform but he will learn from it and will spend the off season not only stewing on it but planning on making us better in 2016
+1
I think he's the best coach we have ever had.

+1
I think he's the best coach we have ever had.
For the moment that honour goes to Malthouse - what he did in his first 5 years at West Coast was remarkable when you consider how the odds were so ridiculously stacked against us.

3rd in 1990 with no home finals despite finishing third
2nd in 1991
1st in 1992
6th in 1993 (4th after finals) in an incredibly tight season - finished only 6 points behind 1st
1st in 1994

Yeah he is a gun and will be unlikely to stagnate. Not afraid to make tough calls (eg. Selwood who was eventually treated the way we all expected based on his bad performances).

I have also loved his media performance this year - has been open and honest (always conceded we may get exposed defensively this year) and has a unique way of calling out journo and pundit BS without being rude or arrogant.

Will be a huge loss for us.
Massive loss.

OT, Simmo is a super competitive person. We saw this after Rnd 23. The glint in his eye & the chest came out.

This performance yesterday is what he will remember. Nothing else will drive him more this offseason.

I am very proud to have him as head coach, super proud in fact.

I'll back him to make this club successful in this current era.

Enjoy a break Simmo, but we all know you'll be planning and deciding what needs to happen 2016.

Thank you for a wonderful season.

For the moment that honour goes to Malthouse - what he did in his first 5 years at West Coast was remarkable when you consider how the odds were so ridiculously stacked against us.

3rd in 1990 with no home finals despite finishing third
2nd in 1991
1st in 1992
6th in 1993 (4th after finals) in an incredibly tight season - finished only 6 points behind 1st
1st in 1994
He had much more talent at his disposal in the first couple of years. Simmo, like Ken Judge, inherited a list that was in horrible shape save for a few star players. This list could have finished as low as 13th again under the wrong gameplan. Instead he has turned us into Grand finalists after just 24 months in charge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back