2015 AFL Grand Final - Hawthorn v West Coast, 2.30pm AEST, 12.30pm WA - Match starts pg 34 #835.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was an ordinary game.

West Coast had plenty of opportunities - as did both the losing sides last week - we just didn't grab them.

I don't think the Hawks were even that good today, we were just horrible.

But absolutely full credit to Hawthorn. Clearly the better team and deserved the win. A 3 peat is a good reflection of their dominance. It's hard to see it coming to an end any time soon.

I think we'll be better for that taste, though. Did really well to even make the GF, but it was disappointing to see such an underwhelming performance on the big stage after coming so far.

Good to see a lot of Hawks supporters on here being gracious in victory, too.

Gratz on the win.
It's amazing what happens when you don't get your home ground nonsense umpiring decisions i
suppose. Yr just an ordinary team

Freo need to score more to apply scoreboard pressure commensurate with their midfield dominance. Lyons style of play plus his 'role players' on various lines doesn't seem to facilitate this. You need more firepower to win a flag. .

I agree with you 100% on this. This needs to change.

Nice one. I've been trying to think of what the next would be called. Here's hoping it happens.
If you win the flag again next year it would be pretty obvious to me... It would be a "FOURTHORN".

Interesting piece of information: While it is now well known 2015 was the hottest Grand Final on record, it is perhaps less well known it was also the dullest #grandfinalfacts

Congrats to Hawthorn etc, it's a legitimately great achievement. But even if I was one of their fans, I can't see me watching this one again.

Already have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hodge's checkside was phenomenal.

Loved the celebration too

3 flags, 4 now and he still looks like he is so fired up and determined,

Want to hate the bloke, but cant not respect him he is mr september, then off the field he speaks so well, engages with the fans

Bastard hodge

Interesting piece of information: While it is now well known 2015 was the hottest Grand Final on record, it is perhaps less well known it was also the dullest #grandfinalfacts

Congrats to Hawthorn etc, it's a legitimately great achievement. But even if I was one of their fans, I can't see me watching this one again.

Yeah they probably wont even show up to the fan day tomorrow.

Cant stand them but envy what they have done. A really amazing side that shows no sign of dropping off any time soon. Well deserved win today.
Happy to see Shoenmakers finally taste the ultimate success, he is a good kid and deserved that today

I'm not wading through 150 pages on an ipad in a location with slower internet, so apologies if this has been already alluded to:

West Coast were overawed and didn't know how to handle the big day. Hawks did, straight to business, and got the jump, the rest being history with a capital H. That's not bagging WC, though - they say you've got to lose one to win one, and the Eagles were the best team of the second half of the season. Next year, unlike the feeling you got with Freo and Sydney as aging GF losers, WC seem to be in a fantastic position to do something about what turned into a pretty horrible day for them, so Hodge's obligatory "we'll see you guys back here next year for sure" plug he's been giving in his captain's speech each year might actually come true. This team could be truly frightening in 2016. Port and WC for 2016 as frontrunners, and surely North and Richmond are ready to go up a step...

We need to enjoy the achievement as Hawk fans, because our experience is being caught up to by teams with younger lists...Fourthorn is not beyond us, but I can't see us going through another season without the lapses that plagued us this season, particularly the QF one which saw various players describe the soul searching they had to do in making a resolution to take out the flag...next time that happens it might kill us for good...

I found the day a little flat as a fan watching on tv 3500km away, and I was struggling to understand why. It's a threepeat for christ's sake! But I think it was because there was no hate, no real grudge, just business against a respected opponent, who beat us handsomely very recently. If WC won, I wouldn't have begrudged them at all, but if Sydney and Freo had done it in previous seasons, then the lower lip would have been wobbling. WC didn't have Buddy, Cola, Ross Lyon's code-destroying game plan or media experts like David King predicting our complete inadequacy on GF day, just great attacking play and various medallists...what's not to like...?

I might have also been a bit jaded after moving into this new house, finishing yesterday after nine days of lugging across the road, concreting big slabs, and meticulously cleaning up the previous rental which was owned by a funt of a landlord, but that's another story...it was nice just to kick back and watch footy...

2D0814A900000578-3258414-Luke_Shuey_of_the_Eagles_is_tackled_by_Jordan_Lewis_of_the_Hawks-a-53_1443852979383.jpg
This guy shits me so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back