2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be the year Mitch Brewer is drafted..

FWIW, I was the main Mitch Brewer fan around here a few years ago pumping him up(back in 2011). :thumbsu:

I've been watching junior football for a seriously long time and really liked him as a draft prospect. When you’ve got a ruckman who can go forward and kick multiple goals it is a real advantage in modern day football, espically with his crash and bash playing style, lovely mark too.

Believe it or not, Essendon and the Western Bulldogs(went down and had a few interviews with them) were very close to selecting him as a rookie. Essendon, Dogs, Sydney and Collingwood all requested footage of him in 2011 and we also were looking at him briefly along with Adelaide in 2012. We informed Mitch that we wouldn't be selecting him but that we'd keep a close eye on him.

Feel he is someone who would have thrived at an AFL club after the improvement he had shown in those years.

Just joining the dots but is Bird a likely inclusion? Damien Austin the ex sydney high performance manager should know his injury history thoroughly. I know luey is a free agent but we could force a trade for there 2nd rounder and bird for luey and our 3rd.

Rumours have it that Stefan Martin is still seeking to find his way to a Melbourne based club due to the ongoing career hopes of his Mrs in Melbourne . Hard to add up after hearing his speech after claiming the club champion the other night

Rumours have it that Stefan Martin is still seeking to find his way to a Melbourne based club due to the ongoing career hopes of his Mrs in Melbourne . Hard to add up after hearing his speech after claiming the club champion the other night

May be why we may still have interest in Lycett/Sinclair?

West Coast ruckmen Callum Sinclair and Scott Lycett look set to become an early agenda item when the Eagles ramp up trade discussions on Swans speedster Lewis Jetta and Brisbane Lions midfielder Jack Redden after the Grand Final.

While Jetta looks set for the Eagles, that club's first pick will be no earlier than selection 17 (worth 1025 points under the new AFL Draft Bidding system) depending on the Grand Final result.

The Swans are believed to have asked whether one of Sinclair or Lycett could be part of a trade for Jetta, who last week requested a trade home to Western Australia, although the Eagles maintain they are required players.

Sinclair has had a break-out year for the Eagles this season playing 19 games and lining up in the Grand Final, however Lycett has played just six games after signing a four-year deal at the end of last season.

The Lions are also understood to be interested in the ruck duo, mindful they will almost certainly have to replace restricted free agent Matthew Leuenberger next season.

Sinclair and Lycett are also contracted until the end of 2016 and 2018 respectively, so the Eagles will have the whip hand in trade negotiations with the Swans and Lions.

If martin leaves does luey stay?

I would love luey and martin to stay but obviously they cant.

Luey/west ruck can work.

Martin/west ruck can work.

Redden + pick 20 for both rucks? Probably have to part with our 3rd rounder as well.

WHy would we want both rucks and why would West Coast give up both of them. They might let go of one ruck but not both IMO

I still feel that West is highly under-rated. We have a nice looking midfield who should gel together even more so in 2016 so IF Martin and Luey both go West will take no.1 and maybe some pressure on Smith could do him wonders, not doubt a real talent, just had 2nd year blues....

I think the club made the best of martins speech at the bnf. He still said its not 100% he'll be at the club next year. So to me that's 'I'm happy enough here to stay but I'd take a move if it came up'

IMO at his age and given his value is at its absolute pick its worth trading him for say the dogs first rounder (12-14)

WHy would we want both rucks and why would West Coast give up both of them. They might let go of one ruck but not both IMO
We can trade Martin for a top 25 pick and if he is going to leave next year then we should at least trade him now. I agree its no chance they will trade both but one of them definitely especially if we can get in the ear of one saying we can give game time.

May be why we may still have interest in Lycett/Sinclair?

Sinclair NO - After watching him play yesterday, his performance was disgraceful. Type of player that we don't need - can ruck but very limited up forward.
LYCETT YES - can ruck a bit and very good up forward. Although can't believe that he cannot get a game ahead of Sinclair.

Her opportunities are apparently in LA so not sure which state they're based in matters o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm totally up for trading Martin, agree that this offseason is likely the peak of his value, the guy is a serious flight risk, I imagine there would a few Melbourne teams interested.

If we swing Redden/Lycett trade and resign Leuy I really like the look of our ruck position.

I'm totally up for trading Martin, agree that this offseason is likely the peak of his value, the guy is a serious flight risk, I imagine there would a few Melbourne teams interested.

If we swing Redden/Lycett trade and resign Leuy I really like the look of our ruck position.
Pretty sure Leuey is a definite in terms of leaving. Have heard a few times that we have pissed him off apparently. Not sure how though.

If we can get Lycett and a pick for extra Academy points for Redden I will be happy.

Pretty sure Leuey is a definite in terms of leaving. Have heard a few times that we have pissed him off apparently. Not sure how though.

If we can get Lycett and a pick for extra Academy points for Redden I will be happy.

I can understand that, my thoughts/ hopes are that if Martin goes the landscape changes significantly.

Personally I would still trade Martin if we secured Lycett, a combo of Lycett/West would be below average but with so many unknowns in respect to player development it would give us a great deal of flexibility moving forward

Hawthorn don't have a great ruck division but their style of play and competent midfield makes up for it. They hunt the ball once the tap has occurred more so than trying to win the tap to advantage. I think West Coast setup yesterday didn't look right. Many times Nic tapped the ball forward but only Hawks were waiting for it.

Personally, think the more exposure Nik Nat gets... the more we see he is over over rated

Q
Hawthorn don't have a great ruck division but their style of play and competent midfield makes up for it. They hunt the ball once the tap has occurred more so than trying to win the tap to advantage. I think West Coast setup yesterday didn't look right. Many times Nic tapped the ball forward but only Hawks were waiting for it.

I can understand that, my thoughts/ hopes are that if Martin goes the landscape changes significantly.

Personally I would still trade Martin if we secured Lycett, a combo of Lycett/West would be below average but with so many unknowns in respect to player development it would give us a great deal of flexibility moving forward

For mine we only trade Martin if we are keeping Leuey. Just silly if we part way with 2 quality ruckmen IMO.

All the lads love liking Matty Sucklings instagram pictures. Lock it in
As in Lions player liking the pictures? I thought that trade had cooled somewhat.

Having said that, after winning another premiership, I can certainly imagine Suckling will now be more open-minded to a fresh-challenge

Apparently Bennell has been out on the town every night in Melbourne. Not a way to encourage clubs thinking about recruiting you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back