Autopsy Hawks vs Eagles Grand Final - We take our thirteenth flag!!!! The Threepeat is ours

Remove this Banner Ad

I could have gave it to 5 players (I put it in order, some are tied):

1)Smith
1)Rioli
3)Frawley
3)Mitchell
5)Gunston

I couldn't separate Smith and Rioli. I couldn't separate Frawley and Mitchell.

Lake, Birchall, Roughead, Hodge & Burgoyne form the Next Best players

Then Duryea, Stratton, Shiels, McEvoy, Schoenmakers, Lewis, Gibson

The rest (who played good) are:
Hale (did well limiting Nic Nat's influence but didn't do much himself)
Suckling (did kick a good goal but hard to rate the sub)
Bruest (did some good midfield work but couldn't couldn't make much of an impact up forward)
Hill (did run into some good paces to recieve the ball but couldn't run & carry like Smith)
Poupolo (that kick to Gunston was spot on though)

Rioli was definitely the right call. A Norm Smith to Smith or Mitchell does not help Hawks fans win any bay skirmishes ;)

On a more serious note, the way this team plays they should probably decline the medal.

Love this post. What Schoe did today is not usually what happens when a player is told you can have one year and will have to fight you way out of Box Hill. Schoe was easily the best story yesterday, Frawley not far behind. And has Lake been kissed on the %£€¥ :D

Love this team. Carry themselves so well and play irresistible football.

They are a pleasure to watch.
11 score involvements from Schoe :)

Congrats on one of the greatest achievements in the history of the game. It's very different winning 3 in a row now in an 18 team, highly professional competition with equalisation measures - compared with doing it 50+ years ago in a suburban comp.

Too hard, too skillful, too well coached, too cool under pressure, too well structured.

Sadly for the rest of us there is every chance you'll be celebrating again this time next year.

Enjoy the celebrations.

Edit: Particular congratulations to Schoenmaker. Not nearly as bad a player as Bigfooty pretends. Great story to have played in the losing 2012 side, watched from the sidelines in 2013 and 2014, and now the ultimate redemption. He was no passenger either, played very well.

Yeah probably boils down to that.

They'll get their chance some day
Yes but credit where its due i watched the game and the difference in skill was day lights ahead. This is a once in generation team. One fantastic club and footy team. Hopefully our boys took something out of it yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought I would stop by and offer my congratulations.... its a great win, to Perth against a side who had the rest.

Well Done.... well played. Too good, Too Strong, too disciplined.

What's annoying, we beaten you flogs twice this year......

I will see myself out, thanks....
I'm already sick of Port fans talking up their two wins against Hawthorn in 2015. In the first game you guys kicked first quarter goals out of your as..s from anywhere. But were very lucky to be in front by the end of the game. The second game took place after a tumultuous week where Ratten's son tragically got killed and the whole club was in shock. If you want to claim that second win in those circumstances then go right ahead gloat away.

Yeah I admit I'm also posting to see the three cups under my avatar, but what a game that was. The Hawks just write their own destiny despite what anyone else thinks. So proud of this club and of the players, coaches and staff members.

I'm already sick of Port fans talking up their two wins against Hawthorn in 2015. In the first game you guys kicked first quarter goals out of your as..s from anywhere. But were very lucky to be in front by the end of the game. The second game took place after a tumultuous week where Ratten's son tragically got killed and the whole club was in shock. If you want to claim that second win in those circumstances then go right ahead gloat away.
That's fine. Over here in Adelaide I'm certain they will be awarding medals to the team that beat the (then) reigning back-to-back premier & consequently failed to make the finals.

It can go with that irrelevant Coach of the Year award.

Yesterday was a day full or highlights and great plays but I just want to highlight one , in the second quarter, game still there to be won, the ball was deep in our forward line and the Eagles defenders had the numbers but Ryan Shoenmakers put in about 4 huge efforts and pressure and tackles and laid the last tackle which resulted in a rushed kick to us and the Birchall goal. He deserves his medal as much as anyone and he stood up yesterday, I hope we sign him and he stays and has a huge pre season and plays every game permanent forward because yesterday he proved on the biggest stage he belongs, well done to the kid so happy for him!!

I am still struggling to come up with one good reason (the reason) why GAJ buggered off to Qld.

What was he thinking?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
ummmm I'll give you one reason and I am quite confident it is THE reason....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back