Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a fallacy that the Crows aren't losing players?
My apologies. Please add Nathan Bock and Phil Davis to that list. Again, my apologies.
Yep - complete tripe.

We have lost a couple to the expansion teams - that was not in our control. You offer that sort of money and even the greatest player in the game moves clubs from a team in the peak of their form.

Some players leave for other reasons - I remember one player that left a premiership team (must have been bad culture) and went to another team in a different state. No-one ripped on the Hawks when that happened.

Like I said, go look at the discussion that has gone around and around elsewhere.

If you see PD going as a problem for the club - then expect to see more problems as player movement becomes more the norm.

We lose players - we gain players. Just like the other clubs.

Oh, and there is no need to apologise.

If he's an RFA now, than that means he's in the eagles 10 most payed players, he won't just randomly switch to the unrestricted. RFA requires 8+ years and top 25% of TTP, If he wasn't getting paid enough to meet that then he would have been considered unrestricted for the whole year, same as Martin and Otten were both FA's this year.

You're right .....surely Selwood isn't in the top 9-10 Eagles salaries paid? .....unless contract was back ended??

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

Primary List

Players delisted by a club are unrestricted free agents but a player who retires or delists himself is not eligible to be a free agent.

Players who are not in the top 25 per cent of salaries at their club (that is, in the club’s top nine-10 paid players) are eligible for unrestricted free agency if they have served at least eight years with the club

Does anyone have a list of RFA and FA for next year? I suspect we will target someone from that list this trade period by making them a big offer a year earlier to get the clubs to trade them rather than lose them for potentially nothing. Similar to what we did with Bernie and what Brisbane are doing with Redden.

I just have a feeling that our target is someone that has not been mentioned yet.

No I didn't, and I'm repeating myself. We needed a backup ruckman, Lowden was a better prospect than Graham

You are repeating yourself, and still failing to make an argument: on what basis is he a better prospect.

Why?

he'd shown more in one game than Graham showed in 50. He was a far more viable option with far more upside.

There you go again, repetition without substantiation. Stop channelling your inner Vader.

what possible basis is there for this statement

You're just talking in hindsight, I bet I couldn't find a criticism from you about him at the time he was drafted.

I bet you could ;)

You're right .....surely Selwood isn't in the top 9-10 Eagles salaries paid? .....unless contract was back ended??
He is, and that is why I don't think West Coast will match. They will be happy to see him move on instead of taking up cap space while playing in their reserve team. I'd guess that the reason for the "we might match" is to drive up the offer a bit to both take some cap from Geelong AND get a better compo pick (which uses the contract as an input)

He is, and that is why I don't think West Coast will match. They will be happy to see him move on instead of taking up cap space while playing in their reserve team. I'd guess that the reason for the "we might match" is to drive up the offer a bit to both take some cap from Geelong AND get a better compo pick (which uses the contract as an input)
Well it'll force Geelong to table an offer that the Eagles won't match ....which means it's likely to be a deal that Geelong may not have offered as high had it been a normal trade

For what it's worth I believe we will get M.Talia & Hampton...

Penciled in my bets so far
Honestly if that's all we end up with we'll fall faster down the ladder than the Aussie Stockmarket.

Noble's inability to replace departing players or to actually improve the starting 22 in trade period borderlines on Neil Craig taking his holidays during that time period when he was coach. Being Justin Reid's 1st year I think we all know who'll be pulling the strings & running everything as he likes to do, ship off Noble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Menzel will this week tell Carlton he wants to be traded!

Have no inside access to info on Seedsman, Hampton, or Talia. Sorry.

I have been told I can drop the new "big" name sometime this week. Just waiting on confirmation that I can do so.

This should be a good test on the reliability of your source. ;):cool:

I have been told I can drop the new "big" name sometime this week. Just waiting on confirmation that I can do so.

Good news Re Menzel. Carlton were wanting to give him another year under Boltons gameplan apparently.

Fingers crossed the big name is indeed Bennell.

Thanks for the tips as always, but brace yourself for all the negative Nancy's to blabber on about "Redhorse's BIG name" until the cows come home mate...

Honestly if that's all we end up with we'll fall faster down the ladder than the Aussie Stockmarket.

Noble's inability to replace departing players or to actually improve the starting 22 in trade period borderlines on Neil Craig taking his holidays during that time period when he was coach. Being Justin Reid's 1st year I think we all know who'll be pulling the strings & running everything as he likes to do, ship off Noble.
Yeah well let's wait and see, before we start packing Nobles bags

I don't think that's all we will end up with at all

Look at our losses list management wise!
Not hard to see the type of players we will replace

Great stuff Redhorse !! We all love your off-season contributions, and as much as people can scoff - you were spot on last time that we were putting a big effort into trying to get JC. Look forward to seeing a name with some source on it :)

Bock = Tambling
Davis = essentially netted us Luke Brown and Brad Crouch
Gunston = Jenkins, Kerridge, Grigg
Dangerfield = ?

Apart from the obvious Bock blunder, I think we've done well enough for ourselves there. As threefa said, lets just wait to see what we bring in from Dangerfield before we get our knickers in a knot.

Great stuff Redhorse !! We all love your off-season contributions, and as much as people can scoff - you were spot on last time that we were putting a big effort into trying to get JC. Look forward to seeing a name with some source on it :)
Adds a bit of excitement to the week wondering who the big name may be

Has any player nominated a club of choice and then had a change of heart?

The only one I can remember is the ruckman from Brisbane who left to go home to his family in WA, then ended up at Melbourne because the offer was too good to refuse

Was that Mitch Clark?

Yeah, no need to be sorry about not having info on the third round trade material

so is this year a big bird rather than a big fish? Bring on the cockatoo !!!!:cool:

The only one I can remember is the ruckman from Brisbane who left to go home to his family in WA, then ended up at Melbourne because the offer was too good to refuse

Was that Mitch Clark?

True, but I can't remember if he nominated freo first? Or if it was media speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back