Autopsy Jack Redden Requests Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Barrett on Sunday footy show said redden to west coast is dependant on Selwood to Geelong.

Not sure if he meant that opens a spot on the list or if that was how they'd get the currency to trade to us. Also mentioned lycétt and Sinclair are of interest to us and Sydney for Jetta.

Doubt they'll give up both so might have to see what happens with Jetta first.

Min would have to be what lions could receive next season as a FA compo
What would you get?

As an aside, as much as I enjoy having Yeo on board, I really hate the exodus that we've seen from the Lions over the last few years. I hope it stops soon and you can climb back up the ladder with some continuity and further development.

I can't see us giving up Sinclair, nor Lycett.

If we get an end of first round pick as compensation for Selwood (hopeful) then we will probably try to spend one on Jetta and the other on Redden.

The problem is, Redden is worth "at worst" pick 15. Redden is contracted as well which only reassures that value, and you don't even have a pick that high anyways. So a player would have to be bundled into it if it were to ever happen.

The problem is, Redden is worth "at worst" pick 15. Redden is contracted as well which only reassures that value, and you don't even have a pick that high anyways. So a player would have to be bundled into it if it were to ever happen.
Not sure about that. Using your "at worst" Pick 15...

Draft Pick 15 = 1,112 draft value points - I will point out that any two round 2 selections also equates to 1,000 plus points.

If we get an end of first round pick as compensation for Selwood (hopeful) then we will probably try to spend one on Jetta and the other on Redden.

Without being disrespectful, not sure why we would want either Sinclair or Lycett.. just not seeing how they would improve our list.

It would be pretty unlikely for an End of first round compo wouldn't it?
I would have thought it would be end of 2nd round.
Selwood is a very average player

Without being disrespectful, not sure why we would want either Sinclair or Lycett.. just not seeing how they would improve our list.
Lycett will be a good player, had a poor year mainly due to injury. Sinclair is average but tries his arse off. Good squad member to have around.

It would be pretty unlikely for an End of first round compo wouldn't it?
I would have thought it would be end of 2nd round.
Selwood is a very average player
I've avoided most FA discussion but it's about the contracts and stuff, yeah? I'm hoping for an end of first rounder but will happily acknowledge that we would be fortunate to get it.

I've avoided most FA discussion but it's about the contracts and stuff, yeah? I'm hoping for an end of first rounder but will happily acknowledge that we would be fortunate to get it.
Also takes into consideration your team's finishing position. That's why Hawks got end of first round for Buddy.
Eagles won't get much for Selwood.

Lycett will be a good player, had a poor year mainly due to injury. Sinclair is average but tries his arse off. Good squad member to have around.

That may be, just not seeing that either are an immediate need or fix for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That may be, just not seeing that either are an immediate need or fix for us.
Fair enough, I'm not naming them as potential trade bait, it's just that I've seen their names popping up around the joint and in the media.

Any chance of getting Mitch Brown. He's 26 and would be a good replacement for Merrett. Maybe Brown + Selwood compensation.

More than happy not to deal with WCE if they don't offer good enough picks/players. Glad Redden is contracted here. Would still be happy with Lycett/Sinclair (Don't know enough about them to know who is better or if they are willing to be traded) + 2nd round. (3rd instead maybe)

Or just trade Redden back home for pick 13, easy done.

I would have thought Weagles would go hard this season for mature players. Next year when they get back their best defenders they are a huge chance to take out the GF. Weagles weakness is that their mids are spuds or soft and aren't that consistent. Lycett will be bundled with a pick as a minimum. Jetta + REdden will be a good get by the Eagles and will help with their weaknesses.

I would have thought Weagles would go hard this season for mature players. Next year when they get back their best defenders they are a huge chance to take out the GF. Weagles weakness is that their mids are spuds or soft and aren't that consistent. Lycett will be bundled with a pick as a minimum. Jetta + REdden will be a good get by the Eagles and will help with their weaknesses.
Problem is West Coast doesn't want to give up too much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back