Its almost cruel the way our club feasts on interstate teams.

Which interstate franchise do you enjoy smashing the most?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
Grand finals vs interstate franchises: 5
Premiership cups won: 4
Average winning margin: 44 points

No wonder Gill & Mike Fitzpatrick can't stand us, we're a thorn in the side of the national competition! :D

154160-zac-dawson.jpg

583375-04ad57a2-461e-11e4-a514-3305f3826c2d.jpg

491082410-the-eagles-look-dejected-after-losing-the-gettyimages.jpg

Funnily enough we haven't played a Melbourne team in the finals since the 2012 QF. Since then it's been Adelaide, Sydney, Sydney, Geelong, Fremantle, Geelong, Port Adelaide, Sydney, West Coast, Adelaide, Fremantle, West Coast. 12 finals now not playing another Melbourne-based club.

I love how we embrace that national competition by treating the interstate clubs into being our victims like we did the Victorian clubs in the 80s.

Funnily enough we haven't played a Melbourne team in the finals since the 2012 QF. Since then it's been Adelaide, Sydney, Sydney, Geelong, Fremantle, Geelong, Port Adelaide, Sydney, West Coast, Adelaide, Fremantle, West Coast. 12 finals now not playing another Melbourne-based club.

I love how we embrace that national competition by treating the interstate clubs into being our victims like we did the Victorian clubs in the 80s.

Victorian clubs have been mostly useless since 2012. Without the Hawks, the finals would have been pretty quiet in Melbourne for the past few years

How could anyone say anything other than the swans. I suppose I could enjoy thrashing freo if their supporter base keep being the flogs they were in our game.

How could anyone say anything other than the swans. I suppose I could enjoy thrashing freo if their supporter base keep being the flogs they were in our game.

Yep, voted Sydney because they deserve to get thrashed. They are hamstrung with their recruitment due to their greed in snaring Tippett from Adelaide and the ridiculous Franklin deal, now players like Luke Parker are looking to play elsewhere. He's probably looking at Tippett and thinking, "If a non-productive bum like him can rake in $800k a year, then why can't I".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feast?

In the autopsy thread I wrote that "watching Hawthorn in Grand Finals is like watching a season of Dexter."

1. disarm and incapacitate them

2. take a little piece of their gameplan DNA as a trophy
latest

3. slice them to pieces with ruthless efficiency and surgical precision
images

4. dispose of the body and enjoy some refreshments from the cup
images

Brisbane...definitely Brisbane...

I mean Sydney...how could I have made that mistake?

Grand finals vs interstate franchises: 5
Premiership cups won: 4
Average winning margin: 44 points

No wonder Gill & Mike Fitzpatrick can't stand us, we're a thorn in the side of the national competition! :D

They sure looked happy after the granny... :D

We're very good at beating interstate teams in grand finals. Before the threepeat, I think it was 4 - 8 " interstaters' " favour. Now it's 7-8. (4 of those seven coming from Hawthorn...but one of the eight due to us...

Do we have the Swans to thank for our threepeat, at least in a small part? Did that loss give us the massive motivation required to sweep all before us for the next 3 years? Or would we have won 4 in a row if we'd got across the line that day? If we'd kicked straight!

Obviously it's impossible to know, but it's interesting to speculate upon....

Do we have the Swans to thank for our threepeat, at least in a small part? Did that loss give us the massive motivation required to sweep all before us for the next 3 years? Or would we have won 4 in a row if we'd got across the line that day? If we'd kicked straight!

I don't think we would have won 2013 without losing 2012. After that it's been a question of motivation and legacy.

I think its more of a question if we thank them for taking Buddy....
That gave us the cap room to get Mcevoy, Frawley and retain key youngsters like Hill, Smith, Duryea, Langford etc.

Back