Southern FL - 2011/12

Remove this Banner Ad

What was the point of your post? I think the match was a poor standard and you think I was being harsh, so what? We all have opinions mate. I didn't make any reference to the day itself or the atmosphere, it was more a dig at the people suggesting these teams could compete at state league level, where in reality, there couldn't be anything further from the truth. Yes of course there are individual players who are capable of making the transition, I never questioned that. I still dont know why you refer to Lauderdale though in every post you right in response to mine? I dont go and mention North Hobart/Sandy Bay when responding to you? Do you not think its possible to form an opinion without bringing it back to the team I have an association with?

Get off your high horse.

Speaking of coaches, how many of the SFL teams are sticking with same coaches next season?
I hear Wood Duck's staying on for another year at Hobart next year. Any others?

Speaking of coaches, how many of the SFL teams are sticking with same coaches next season?
I hear Wood Duck's staying on for another year at Hobart next year. Any others?

willing,quirk and dann all going again brighton,sorell and new norfolk have advertised for coaches..
you would think lamprill will continue on with the lions

Whats happened to East Coast Bombers???

I see Triabunna have advertised for their senior coaching role for next year in the ODFA.

Have East Coast gone bust?

Or have Lauderdale taken over?

I think you'd be aware of what's unfolded there. No ECB in the SFL in 2016.

Be interesting to see what the league does with a 9 team comp. Would hope it's still an 18 game roster.

I think you'd be aware of what's unfolded there. No ECB in the SFL in 2016.

Be interesting to see what the league does with a 9 team comp. Would hope it's still an 18 game roster.

I have no idea, hence putting the question out there!

Have they just disintegrated?

I have no idea, hence putting the question out there!

Have they just disintegrated?

Given most of your posting has related to ECB and you have seemed to be in the know when it comes to them, I would think you would either already know or what have no trouble finding out from someone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given most of your posting has related to ECB and you have seemed to be in the know when it comes to them, I would think you would either already know or what have no trouble finding out from someone?

not sure about ECB , but if are a no show, the jungle drums are telling me that Sandy Bay
want to rejoin at the SFL level

thats why millions are being spent on queenborough oval at this very moment ?

I had an inkling even earlier in the season that East Coast Bombers wouldn't be playing in the SFL in 2016.
One of their people told me when we played them at the TCA that it was looking like 2015 would be their last season as they were (in his words) being treated like the poor cousins, struggling to get on Lauderdale to train, not getting a lot of players out of Triabunna etc.
Queenborough Oval's had new lights installed (no idea of their strength mind you), haven't heard of the Sandy Bay in the SFL rumour at all, would it be a return of the Seagulls or the Lions like their junior club?

Massive pick up for the peninsula!! Getting Jamie Curran.Heard a few of the Sharks have gone down with him.

Definetely a big pick up, getting a bit old now (mid 30's?) but is still playing good footy! Heard there could be a few more follow, be interesting to see

Whisper coming out Dodges Ferry is that they've lost Jamie Curran & Tyson Bluett to the Peninsula team
Big lose for the Sharks. Apparently there is a few more going with him
Definetely a big pick up, getting a bit old now (mid 30's?) but is still playing good footy! Heard there could be a few more follow, be interesting to see
who's coaching down there? Must have a connection with curran some how for him to leave.

Jesse Tegg is coaching them, a stocky bald bald bloke who coached the dodges reserves last year & the year before from memory.

Jesse Tegg is coaching them, a stocky bald bald bloke who coached the dodges reserves last year & the year before from memory.
The fella that dose the gardens at work said there's a few from dodges going down. Apparently they're not real happy about it. Wonder how numbers have been at training then?

The fella that dose the gardens at work said there's a few from dodges going down. Apparently they're not real happy about it. Wonder how numbers have been at training then?

Yeah heard the same thing from my mate that some dodges blokes we're heading down, a couple smalls & tall bloke (didn't know his name but has red hair?)

Last edited:
Yeah heard the same thing from my mate that some dodges blokes we're heading down, a couple smalls & tall bloke (didn't know his name but has red hair?)
From what I heard at training last night. Dodges will be up against it this year. Apparently Tegg is good mates with both the curran brothers and both have been training. Hopefully things turn around number wise for the Sharks after Christmas.

From what I heard at training last night. Dodges will be up against it this year. Apparently Tegg is good mates with both the curran brothers and both have been training. Hopefully things turn around number wise for the Sharks after Christmas.

Surely Brad Curran isn't playing??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back