Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

"...after a thorough process..."

How Little got that out without laughing has me buggered.

Why? From the outside he's the best-credentialed guy for the job of those available. Little mentioned experience of winning finals. Worsfold mentioned the cultural change at WCE giving him something to draw on for the job here.

Essendon may well have been 80% sure he was their man and the process that they undertook was to erase the 20% doubt. If that's what has happened then I'm not sure what the big deal is. Not that it will stop the usual suspects in the media bleating about it.

I must say I thought his presser was a ripper. Seemed really humble, can tell he's got the authorative chops about him too and I loved how he said, when asked the question about asking Carlisle and Melks to stay, he said he's speak to the playing list about those players before doing anything. Smart. Can't beliEve he trained with us for two weeks in 1986???

Why? From the outside he's the best-credentialed guy for the job of those available. Little mentioned experience of winning finals. Worsfold mentioned the cultural change at WCE giving him something to draw on for the job here.

Essendon may well have been 80% sure he was their man and the process that they undertook was to erase the 20% doubt. If that's what has happened then I'm not sure what the big deal is. Not that it will stop the usual suspects in the media bleating about it.
Amazing the level of interest in whether the process has been followed at EFC. Who even know what the process was. No one has batted an eyelid or raised the question in relation to the Carlton or Adelaide process to get their coaches.

"Process" is media flog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps a West Coast fan can shed some light on the "truth" of my favourite bit of Worsfold apocrypha, which is mistaking Chris Connolly's coaches box at The Oval for the toilet.

Good appointment guys, Woosha will guide you guys forward and get your playing list on track. It will happen pretty quick to. Your list is not that bad and once the group buy into his non negotiables then you will climb quickly.
I'm pleased for Woosha and for your club, tough 3 years for you guys but now you get some light at the end of the tunnel.
All the best to all concerned at Essendon.

West Coast fans are class. :thumbsu:
Here's to some jacket waving in 2016, and the renewal of a classic rivalry.

The respect they showed to Woosha at that Crows game shows they still love the guy. Looking forward to the Ess v WC games over the next 3 years..it'll be fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back