Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same as a house offer; you put the contract on the table, subject to conditions being met.

I'd imagine player contracts would be the same.

Why would you do a medical for the sake of it; you'd only do it if it was the last box to be ticked, and then the contract is ratified.
I've no doubt that they would have discussed terms before the medical, but they wouldn't have put a formal offer (a contract) on the table for him to sign until he had passed the medical.

As for why he failed to turn up for the medical, we can only guess. His managers says he told him not too - and that's perfectly reasonable. But it does beg the question - why did his manager tell him not to? The assumption here is that the manager knew he'd been out partying the night before and didn't want his urine test to reveal the cocktail of chemicals he'd been using the previous night. That assumption may or may not be correct, but it's not unreasonable given what we know about Bennell.

I am just hoping our silent now professional admin will continue the elite football department upswing and smash the trade period and shove it right up the flog Vic commentators...
Yep then we can go..,

I am just hoping our silent now professional admin will continue the elite football department upswing and smash the trade period and shove it right up the flog Vic commentators...

Just like we were going to stick it up 'em when Danger was about to sign...oh wait!!

Just like we were going to stick it up 'em when Danger was about to sign...oh wait!!
I never thought he was going to sign..however the smugness and crap the AFC and the supporters had to put up with all year from across the border has made hating them all the easier. I feel confident that this new admin won't roll over like we have in the past. It's not going to be what we really want, but think it will be better than what Conners spouted this morning on trade radio.

Imagine this board if all that happens is lose danger to rfa and nada
nuclear-bomb-explosion.jpg

Imagine this board if all that happens is lose danger to rfa and nada

Let's just put this in to perspective;

• We lose our head recruiter because his mouth is too honest and our CEO is pathetic. Head recruiter is then happily snapped up by rival and that is all ok with the AFL
  • We lose 4 draft picks thanks to a pathetic and dumb CEO and a selfish twat. Selfish twat proves to be a bust.
  • Our Director of Coaching is suspended for 6 months thanks to something Melbourne weren't guilty of... (still incredible)
  • Our Director of Coaching is diagnosed with Cancer and dies - club and players heartbroken
  • Coach sacked due to some debatable and perhaps scandalous issues
  • New coach murdered after 10 games - club and players heartbroken
  • Best and most important player leaves for home

Now looking back over that list, I have to say that if we roll over and accept anything other than a deal that massively favour us, we might as well pack up the club. This club has been smashed recently and we need to stand up and say ENOUGH.

Time for the AFC to show it is a serious player. Connors is a flog of the highest order and can get stuffed - there is absolutely no need for us to do something to make it easier for him. Geelong can get stuffed - we owe them nothing. Dangerfield can get stuffed - he is a restricted free agent, NOT a free agent. We need to be well in front on this deal or we are screwed. Time for us to win for a change. Aiming to break even in this deal is the same as our 'aim for top 8' mantra. It is s**t and gets you nowhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• We lose our head recruiter because his mouth is too honest and our CEO is pathetic. Head recruiter is then happily snapped up by rival and that is all ok with the AFL
  • We lose 4 draft picks thanks to a pathetic and dumb CEO and a selfish twat. Selfish twat proves to be a bust.
  • Our Director of Coaching is suspended for 6 months thanks to something Melbourne weren't guilty of... (still incredible)
  • Our Director of Coaching is diagnosed with Cancer and dies - club and players heartbroken

Now looking back over that list, I have to say that if we roll over and accept anything other than a deal that massively favour us, we might as well pack up the club. This club has been smashed recently and we need to stand up and say ENOUGH.

Time for the AFC to show it is a serious player. Connors is a flog of the highest order and can get stuffed - there is absolutely no need for us to do something to make it easier for him. Geelong can get stuffed - we owe them nothing. Dangerfield can get stuffed - he is a restricted free agent, NOT a free agent. We need to be well in front on this deal or we are screwed. Time for us to win for a change. Aiming to break even in this deal is the same as our 'aim for top 8' mantra. It is s**t and gets you nowhere.

To put it another way Geelong, Dangerfield and Connors can go EABOD.

Again, who's doing strawmans? I'm not saying part of the trade is irrelevant, I'm saying dismissing Cheney in the context of the trade because it suits your argument is disingenuous.

What is your statement, exactly?

AKA "got nothing".

If it's meh, then rebut back don't ignore it. The fact stands, I rebutted, you did not rebut back, therefore I rebutted and you ignored.

He's not a nothing player. He was an option other than Shaw and Otten. Lever came on quicker than expected and I'd say we needed Cheney anyway. He played 12 games this year, and towards the end was in our bests or close to it. You can't say a player we needed is a nothing player.

Well rebut then, don't go hide under a rock, drift off into vague "I've got nothing to add", "yawns" and bullshit. You're just fobbing it off and it looks like you're doing it because you can't respond.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-10-17/duo-add-versatility

"We’ve addressed ruck, we’ve addressed some areas of our defence…and we’ve been able to do that whilst at the same time holding integrity in what we want to do in round one and two (at the AFL National Draft) and improving our back-end picks."

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-10-16/crows-make-late-trades

"We identified the need for another ruckman and liked Luke’s athleticism and ability to also play forward, Walsh said. The Club had been keeping a close eye on his development for the past couple of years."

There is an opportunity cost with everything, you can roll it out for any situation but it means nothing on it's own. You could say there was an opportunity cost for trading for Jacobs. The question isn't if there is an opportunity cost, it's if the cost of the opportunity was worth it taking all things into consideration. Again, we had no backup ruck and needed another defender. We paid very little and it was worth it unless you want to say we didn't need a backup ruck or another defender as an option.

I said: "Who would we have drafted with the picks we didn't give away? what you're saying is paradoxical."

Meaning, the draft spots we lost were insignificant, not literally "who went in one of the draft spots we gave up".

Yes, and Lowden was swinging from forward to pinch-hit ruck in the game. Your point? but both were better options that Lowden, I'm not disputing that. Are you saying McEvoy is s**t or what?

Rucks take longer to develop, he was 23, had limited opportunity but when he did get the opportunity he played a great game. A 23 year old with potential was better than a proven spud.

See above.

Fobbing again.

Catch you later, don't forget your bat and ball :thumbsu:
TOO MUCH TO READ!

Jamar/M Pyke/Lycett/Schoenmakers ..... all mentioned as possibles to us.
Why?? - we don't need what they offer and they would only impede us getting what we need due to less salary cap money and tradeable draft picks being available as a result.

EDIT: I got those names as previously mentioned on this thread, not from trade radio

Last edited:
I've no doubt that they would have discussed terms before the medical, but they wouldn't have put a formal offer (a contract) on the table for him to sign until he had passed the medical.

If I was his manager, I'd be telling them to put the offer on the table, subject to passing a medical.

No point doing a medical if the contract isn't worthwhile.

If he doesn't pass the medical, the contract is invalidate and withdrawn.

Why?? - we don't need what they offer and they would only impede us getting what we need due to less salary cap money and tradeable draft picks being available as a result.
Schoenmakers didn't want us last year and I can't see him wanting to come now that he's a Premiership player.

This is comparable to a William Wallace speech before battle. I AM WITH YOU!!!! HOLD!! HOLD!!! HOLD!!!! YARARAARRRRRR

WE NEED NONE OF THESE!!! Outside run, we know what we need!

Schoenmakers didn't want us last year and I can't see him wanting to come now that he's a Premiership player.
He'd revert to his usual Clanger ridden self in our lineup. The Hawks are so good that they can basically hide him as a foil in their forward line, he gets terribly outclassed down back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back