Mega Thread BH Project 2015 VI - Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legit story -

A partner of a good friend of mine was at a bbq last weekend. Lennon was there, she overheard him and another guy discussing football. Apparently he said "Pretty sure I will get to stay at Richmond but the club did tell me that they can't make promises because just about anything can happen in trade week and they are going to be looking at all avenues of trading" the other guy then mentioned Carlton and Lennons response was "That would be a nightmare I don't want to play there"

The girl doesn't follow football and my good mate is a Carlton supporter so that story definitely is not one she/he would make up.
Was the BBQ in NZ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Connors said he was certain Yarran would end up at Punt Road, but the deal wouldn’t be finalised until the latter stages of the exchange period.
“There’s negotiations happening behind the scenes,” Connors said.
“I think there’s a mutual parting of the ways, in my view. Carlton’s going to be strong for a first-round pick, Richmond’s strong on only a second-round pick, (but) hopefully there’s a happy medium somewhere. I’ll let that play out.”
Well that to me indicates our first pick will definitely be used for this doozy(s) we've got up our sleeves

I'm actually hoping Dea sticks around to be honest. We have invested 6 years in him and really he is similar to a 3rd year player due to his inexperience coming into the club. He was very solid in the VFL this year and was probably only overlooked for selection because we had a settled backline most of the year, and for some reason Morris being in the leadership group gets him selected first.

However, I think next year could be a big year for him if he wants it enough. At 24 he could still become a very good player for us and help release someone like Vlastuin into the middle or Houli into the wing.

I'm actually hoping Dea sticks around to be honest. We have invested 6 years in him and really he is similar to a 3rd year player due to his inexperience coming into the club. He was very solid in the VFL this year and was probably only overlooked for selection because we had a settled backline most of the year, and for some reason Morris being in the leadership group gets him selected first.

However, I think next year could be a big year for him if he wants it enough. At 24 he could still become a very good player for us and help release someone like Vlastuin into the middle or Houli into the wing.
I agree. His problem is that he Grimes and Batchelor are similar players and they are ahead at this stage. Dea provides more rebound at VFL than either of those two ever has though.

I agree. His problem is that he Grimes and Batchelor are similar players and they are ahead at this stage. Dea provides more rebound at VFL than either of those two ever has though.
Vlastuin into the guts. Dea into Vlastuin's spot in the backline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back