GWS Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

You'll probably need to offer him huge dollars to change his mind IMO...The money freo are offering will set him up for life if he's wise.

Well you're offering him huge dollars and us 2 1st round draft picks so I think it's fair to say we have the upper hand.

I think we'll sit for 12 months bring his gf over and hope he changes his mind. If he doesn't we'll put him up for trade to the highest WA bidder and will still get a 1st rounder and change for him anyway.

In 2 years freos window should be well and truly shut and ours will be opening. Doubt he will want to leave then until he has a medal around his neck. Then we may be more accommodating to let him go

Well you're offering him huge dollars and us 2 1st round draft picks so I think it's fair to say we have the upper hand.

I think we'll sit for 12 months bring his gf over and hope he changes his mind. If he doesn't we'll put him up for trade to the highest WA bidder and will still get a 1st rounder and change for him anyway.

We'll see....Pretty rare in today's modern footy players are not traded when they have requested a trade.

In 2 years freos window should be well and truly shut and ours will be opening. Doubt he will want to leave then until he has a medal around his neck. Then we may be more accommodating to let him go

Game is won and lost in the guts and when you've got the best player in the comp by a considerable margin who's yet to peak....I can't see the window shutting anytime soon!

Do you want a player who in his heart doesn't want to play for you though? who will seek a trade once contract is over anyways.
Ideally no, but what we want less is to appear weak and cave in. The Boyd deal has set a precedent in some people's minds that you can just throw wads of cash at aa contracted player and we'll just cave in. It's in the club's best interest to stand firm. Time for these gen y kids to man up and realise that a contract means something rather than chasing everything that's shiny.

Dawson showed a fair bit in 2013 and is well ahead of Phillips when fully fit but yes very, very injury prone

are we talking after being delisted or trying to trade for DS?
My guess is after multiple years and operations he is just about where he cant afford to have too many more... yet if he can string games together.. he could be worth a spot.

are we talking after being delisted or trying to trade for DS?
My guess is after multiple years and operations he is just about where he cant afford to have too many more... yet if he can string games together.. he could be worth a spot.

If its to happen it won't involve a trade as his an unrestricted free agent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi team, just wanted to drop in - has anything happened on the McCarthy front - gone all quiet.

Chris Dawes and Ryan Schoenmakers are on the market. Now using past history as a reference I'd say you are about to offer one of those two a million a year for 10 years.

Just out of curiosity, what is Lamb getting paid?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back