List Mgmt. List planning 2015 and onwards

Because they lost Ryder
So why then did they pick up Giles and refuse to play him until Round 18, choosing to ruck Mckernan standalone against guys like All Australian behemoth Todd Goldstein?

Of course the logical explanation for this is they've been running with Trent Ormond-Allen as 2015 ruckcoach.

Apr 3, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Brooklyn Nets
Just came up with some potential trades if Lobbe does leave for Richmond's pick 12:

pick 10 for Dixon.
Pick 12 and pick 65 for Redden and pick 21.
Pick 29, 2016 second pick and O'Shea for Menzel.
Moore and pick 47 for Toumpas.

Overall:

Out: 10, Lobbe, 12, 65, 29, ?, O'Shea, Moore and 47.
In: Dixon, Redden, 21, Menzel, Toumpas.

Pick 21 could be used on a player such as Ah Chee, Burton, Milera, Collins, Clarke or Oliver.

If we were to acquire these players we would be one of the favorites for the flag next year.

What they would bring to the team:

- Inside grunt from Redden.
- Power forward in Dixon.
- Silky forward to release Wingard up the ground more often.
- Toumpas as outside depth with the potential to be a regular in the team.
This isn't TPFP fantasy land you know...

So far fetched it's ridiculous tbh.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yuck apart from Lycett

I still think Lycett would be a good option if we do go ahead and trade Lobbe.

He has proven that he can take a mark up forward which is going to become more valuable next year with the sub rule gone.

Lycett's WAFL form has been worse than Lobbe's AFL form. He looked pretty good throughout 2014, but so did Lobbe...

Yet we want to bring in one and and get rid of the other? Good old grass is greener complex shining through here.

For what it's worth, if offered pick 12 for Lobbe I would take it. But I find this circlejerk for ex SANFL guys like Toumpas and Lycett by people who haven't seen them play since their junior years (and most likely didn't even see them then but heard the hype) cringeworthy.

Jan 16, 2009
Heaps good
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies, Bulls & Cricket Aus
Lycett's WAFL form has been worse than Lobbe's AFL form. He looked pretty good throughout 2014, but so did Lobbe...

Yet we want to bring in one and and get rid of the other? Good old grass is greener complex shining through here.

For what it's worth, if offered pick 12 for Lobbe I would take it. But I find this circlejerk for ex SANFL guys like Toumpas and Lycett by people who haven't seen them play since their junior years (and most likely didn't even see them then but heard the hype) cringeworthy.
Yes, I cringe every time I see Polec play.

A lot of us watch a crap load of footy and can't get enough of it. Read the general afl thread on weekends and you'll see people comment on games on tv.

PowerKidd

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Port Magpies
Few reports this morning that:

Port Lose - A.Young
Melb Lose - Toumpass
Collingwood Lose - B.Kennedy

Port Gain - Toumpass
Melb Gain - B.Kennedy
Collingwood Gain - A.Young

Also heard on SEN that we are also into Jonothan Simpkin from Hawks?? Anyone heard this? not sure what we need him for other than depth if we lose Young and Mooore

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
The idea that we could get Pick 12 for Lobbe... and then people want to trade it for another player is killing me right now.
Well given a 2 ruck strategy is essential next year if you're going to even consider trading Lobbe then you've got to get another equal or better ruckman. The problem is there aren't any available.

It's all a moot point though because the club won't give up Lobbe regardless. Lobbe for pick 12 isn't going to help our premiership aspirations.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Well given a 2 ruck strategy is essential next year if you're going to even consider trading Lobbe then you've got to get another equal or better ruckman. The problem is there aren't any available.

It's all a moot point though because the club won't give up Lobbe regardless. Lobbe for pick 12 isn't going to help our premiership aspirations.

I don't agree with the bolded. We have 3 players who can pinch hit while playing other positions.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
I don't agree with the bolded. We have 3 players who can pinch hit while playing other positions.
Dixon won't and shouldn't move out of the forward half. He's an investment in our future as our main forward for the next 5 years, you don't risk him elsewhere and you let him settle and develop there.

Trengove can pinch hit again, but as if everyone has just forgotten about 2014, our whole supporter base will be whinging about the need for a 2nd ruck again.

Last option is Westy, a good mid option, but poor ruckman.

So yes we can cover an injury to Lobbe or Ryder but given any club with 2 worthwhile ruckmen will play them next year, for mine it is pretty clear we ain't going back to the past with Trengove, we will move forward with the 2 ruck strategy and utilise the longer time on the bench that'll be available for Lobbe, thanks to the reduced rotations.

If someone can convince Trengove (who apparently hates rucking) to be the 2nd ruck, Then I'm all for Pick 12 for Lobbe.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I didn't believe we needed an extra ruck in 2014.

We had Lobbe who had a great season, Tregove who was a gamechanging back up, and Westhoff who was poor but could hold his own for short bursts.

I was happy we got Ryder because he was reported as filling the need we had up forward, not in the ruck.

With the emergence of Hombsch, we're less reliant on Trengove down back. As such he's perfect as a backman/2nd ruck. I don't believe the change in sub rule will make tactics go back to 10 years ago where most teams had 2 full time ruckmen. Lobbe offers basically nothing around the ground, and you can't carry a player like that in 2015 when that player isn't dominating the stoppages.

Ryder is clearly our number 1, and we have Trengove, Westhoff and Dixon who can pinch hit, Trengove to great effect.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
If someone can convince Trengove (who apparently hates rucking) to be the 2nd ruck, Then I'm all for Pick 12 for Lobbe.

If Trengove wants his footy career to hit the heights it should, he needs to worry more about playing his role for the team and a bit less about his clothing line. He's such a damaging player as a 2nd ruck that it's a shame to limit himself to being simply a pretty good backman.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
No disrespect intended, but when a player (reportedly) states he doesn't want to play a certain role for his club, and then floods social media with a non-football business interest, leveraging the supporterbase of his football club to peddle his wares, i'm concerned about where his mindset is at.

As was basically the consensus this season, we went in expecting it to happen without being mentally prepared for a lot of games of football.

Trengove is a genuine presence and a leader at our football club. He's the kind of guy who can make everyone around him a foot taller with his competitiveness and desire. I want to see that desire at 100% in 2016.

Jason K

Premium Platinum
Mar 1, 2014
Henley Beach
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In 2012 on TPFP I was probably Lobbe's biggest hater. He was pedestrian. Showed zero agression at the contest.

2014 I ate my words. He was a beast at stoppages with agression that we all loved but some have forgotten.

He regressed last year, due to injuries IMO, and really needs to work on marking, but 1 thing we all know is that no one will be working harder on his game than big Matt.

He also has incredible endurance for a big guy which could be a real asset with the new rotations.

I really can't see Ken giving him up and believe he will be best 22 in 2016

Back