2015 MUSIC

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. I don't think they've released any weak material.

Good to see another fan of them. :) Two very good albums so far. They both have brilliant songs: Habit/Beautiful Blue Sky, Clarity!/Sun's Coming Down, Gemini/Men For Miles, Today More Than Any Other Day/Celebration, and the rest are still very good.

Good to see another fan of them. :) Two very good albums so far. They both have brilliant songs: Habit/Beautiful Blue Sky, Clarity!/Sun's Coming Down, Gemini/Men For Miles, Today More Than Any Other Day/Celebration, and the rest are still very good.
There is a lot of good stuff on Constellation Records.

Love that new Deerhunter song. Absolute cracker. I'll have to find the download sometime this weekend, I still think they peaked at Halcyon Digest and Monomania was very boring and a misstep release, but I'm excited for this.

What do we reckon about the new Battles LP?

Think it sounds a bit freer than Gloss Drop, which was decent if a bit laboured and samey in parts.

They probably won't top Mirrored but they're still pumping out decent tunes.

crazy-kid-birthday-gif.gif

What do we reckon about the new Battles LP?

Think it sounds a bit freer than Gloss Drop, which was decent if a bit laboured and samey in parts.

They probably won't top Mirrored but they're still pumping out decent tunes.
I like it. The last third is a bit of a letdown (I don't really get what Megatouch is supposed to be...) but there are plenty of nice grooves in there and I love how BIG a couple of the tracks get.

I still wish Braxton hadn't left though, especially when his own solo stuff is a bit underwhelming; I think it's now fair to say that he was the guy who brought some of the weirder ideas that made Mirrored so great to the table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone heard/like the new Oneohtrix Point Never? It's pretty weird, but I like it.

Dan is just taking the piss now :D

It's not even Bloc Party anymore. Just disgraceful.
Obviously by my username you know that I'm a fan. Silent Alarm is one of the best albums I'd ever heard. The quality had slowly been declining each album though since. I still really love A Weekend In The City and Intimacy was better than I expected. Four was half a good album but I can't even pretend to like this atrocity. Hopefully the rest of the album is an improvement but without Gordon and Matt, I fear the worst.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back