Oppo Camp Dangerfield's Gone (Zero tolerance to trolling) - READ THREAD LINKED IN OP BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

2 x 1st round picks would be ideal however I think it will be this years pick 9 plus player and I doubt that it will be Cockatoo Collins

WW might be right, we might squeeze out next years 2nd round as well

You can bet money that it won't be Cockatoo Collins Kemo Sabe.

He retired many many years ago :)

Help me out here--because this I don't know. Lets say we match and can't come to a deal we like with the Kitty Kats. Danger and his agent try to go thru the draft (by the way--I don't believe for one second they would or it will come to that---this is solely a hypothetical). I do not believe there is anything that prevents us from trading for (say) Brisbane's selection in that draft correct?

The Kitty Kats would then have to cough up exactly what we wish or Danger and his agent can sit out or play for us.

Hypothetically, if we wished to be as ruthless as we ought to be--what prevents this, if anything?

I'll tell you exactly what I think
1. If we preferred an untried assistant over woosha then we're crazy. Stone cold bananas

2. If woosha was never going to stay, and we held no hope of interest in him then why the **** did we make such a song and dance about Essendon tapping him up?

3. Why did Essendon go all cloke n dagger about meeting him? He was never staying, we knew that and didn't care, so why back door it? Why not go through the front door?

And let's not insult each other's intelligence by all this gentlemens agreement who ha, as that doesn't explain why we cared so much and why Essendon knew we cared so much

Hawthorn preferred an untried Assistant over Gary Ayres..... Crazy Decision

I know you will say one is a premiership coach and the other is not however Woosha also had many poor years as coach and only ended up with a 53% winning record at WCE

We all have an opinion and mine is Woosha was Roos first choice but in that we knew from a long way out that moving to Adelaide was unlikely......

With that said do I also believe that by appointing Woosha would that have come with risk.... Absolutely!

Whether its by design or not the Pyke appointment may just turn out to be the right appointment

I guess we will know in 3 years time

Help me out here--because this I don't know. Lets say we match and can't come to a deal we like with the Kitty Kats. Danger and his agent try to go thru the draft (by the way--I don't believe for one second they would or it will come to that---this is solely a hypothetical). I do not believe there is anything that prevents us from trading for (say) Brisbane's selection in that draft correct?

The Kitty Kats would then have to cough up exactly what we wish or Danger and his agent can sit out or play for us.

Hypothetically, if we wished to be as ruthless as we ought to be--what prevents this, if anything?
One little thing. PD needs to go in the PSD where draft picks are NOT allowed to be traded. But the fact that the wobbles, Brisbane and Melbs have a chance to snare him is very risky if you ask me. Imagine if Brisbane took him....!!!!

One little thing. PD needs to go in the PSD where draft picks are NOT allowed to be traded. But the fact that the wobbles, Brisbane and Melbs have a chance to snare him is very risky if you ask me. Imagine if Brisbane took him....!!!!

Yes that was what I was unsure of as to whether those picks could get traded...thank you for clarifying.

He isn't going in that draft because he knows he would get picked up well before the Kitty Kats selected. It is why his agent's comments were completely laughable the other day.

No way would Collingwood let Dangerfield slip past them because poor little Mardi and Patrick want to return to their village in their mid 20's.

Eddie would probably trade his wife for a first round pick if it was in the best interests of Collingwood.

Yes that was what I was unsure of as to whether those picks could get traded...thank you for clarifying.

He isn't going in that draft because he knows he would get picked up well before the Kitty Kats selected. It is why his agent's comments were completely laughable the other day.
Yup, my thoughts too. Without trying to sound like a broken record.....Geelong will get their man, they will pay unders....but will be better than the compo.

Yup, my thoughts too. Without trying to sound like a broken record.....Geelong will get their man, they will pay unders....but will be better than the compo.

I still think we can get close to full value... perhaps not as close to full value as Headache1 got--but really, how often does that happen?

Last edited:
I still think we can get close to full value... perhaps not as close to full value as Headache1 got--but really, how often does that happen?
That would be nice. If only more key players wanted to call Adelaide home. When you hear about players on the move...Adelaide seem to not draw any attention. It would be nice if the club was simply holding their cards close to their chest....and maybe with the new admin that is how they like to play it....but I think it is more around getting a better deal vs a full value deal.

That would be nice. If only more key players wanted to call Adelaide home. When you hear about players on the move...Adelaide seem to not draw any attention. It would be nice if the club was simply holding their cards close to their chest....and maybe with the new admin that is how they like to play it....but I think it is more around getting a better deal vs a full value deal.

I am not as sold on Danger as others. Don't get me wrong, he IS a very good player but I just feel he is not nearly as irreplaceable as some think. I suppose next season we shall see if I am right.

I have confidence we will make out okay...I just really believe that.

I am not as sold on Danger as others. Don't get me wrong, he IS a very good player but I just feel he is not nearly as irreplaceable as some think. I suppose next season we shall see if I am right.

I agree, no player is irreplaceable. In fact who knows it could help us because we learn to use the ball efficiently rather than using his crash and bash style to move the ball forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, no player is irreplaceable. In fact who knows it could help us because we learn to use the ball efficiently rather than using his crash and bash style to move the ball forward.

Agreed. The other unknown is how much his leaving actually affected the team. No matter what he says when you have decided to leave, you check out mentally. You just do.

I rather like the thought of fielding a squad without that lurking above their collective heads. As they say in the NFL over here--next man up.

Every premiership team has those sorts of players. We are guilty on not capitalising on Dangers ability with our lack of outside run. But in any regard if we can come out of this with a competive contested team we will do okay. Time will tell I suppose.

Isn't that true though?

I don't care what we get for Dangerfield as much as I care what we end up with over-all.

Fighting tooth and nail for something that amounts to hill of beans makes no sense to me.

If we have deals lined up, and know the currency we need to lock those deals in - then who gives a rats arse how the PD deal looks?

We all know that he is not a contracted player being traded - that is where you get market value or better. PD is not that.

Are we trying to get maximum value from the PD trade - or maximum benefit for the club?
That's why I think we'll take the compo pick. So that we can enter trade week without any unknowns.

Personally I hope we keep them separate - use our existing picks/players to engineer whatever trades we are aiming for and independently try to max. out whatever value we can get for Dangerfield.

I fear we will take the path of least resistance though.

Those of you that believe that if Danger gets to the draft Geelong will finish up getting him, must think that Geelong is a very generous club. After all, they may be prepared to give us pick 9 for him when they don't need to.
I think would very much like to play poker with you.

Hawthorn preferred an untried Assistant over Gary Ayres..... Crazy Decision

I know you will say one is a premiership coach and the other is not however Woosha also had many poor years as coach and only ended up with a 53% winning record at WCE

We all have an opinion and mine is Woosha was Roos first choice but in that we knew from a long way out that moving to Adelaide was unlikely......

With that said do I also believe that by appointing Woosha would that have come with risk.... Absolutely!

Whether its by design or not the Pyke appointment may just turn out to be the right appointment

I guess we will know in 3 years time

You might be right, neither of us knows. I'm happy with that

But I don't accept the revisionist nellies pretending we weren't trying to woo woosha in whatever role

That's why I think we'll take the compo pick. So that we can enter trade week without any unknowns.

Personally I hope we keep them separate - use our existing picks/players to engineer whatever trades we are aiming for and independently try to max. out whatever value we can get for Dangerfield.

I fear we will take the path of least resistance though.
Doesn't make any sense to not match if we can afford as at worse pick 9 will be on the table for dangerfield ....from there we just try and get what we can to close the deal which looks like being a 2nd rounder also

That second rounder will come in v handy for trades if we are as reported trying to land menzel , Hampton and seedsman

Much better scenario than pick 14 abd we find out Friday if we can match then try and close the deal with Geelong by Tuesday (day 2 of trade period)

Every premiership team has those sorts of players. We are guilty on not capitalising on Dangers ability with our lack of outside run. But in any regard if we can come out of this with a competive contested team we will do okay. Time will tell I suppose.

Yep. Have a feeling Danger's next life will be one of slick smooth clearance run and delivery. Something we couldn't quite achieve with his game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back