The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loads of dirty laundry being aired now about Rodgers and the committee

Here's apparently the list of signings between Rodgers and the TC

Rodgers:Borini, Allen, Lallana, Lovren, Lambert, Ings, Milner and Benteke. (James Pearce)
Rest of the committee: Sturridge, Coutinho, Sakho, Can, Moreno, Alberto, Aspas, Markovic, Origi & Firmino (James Pearce)

Apparently Rodgers wanted Dempsey ahead of Sturridge in his first transfer window, was told he cannot move Carroll on unless a striker comes in but moves him on anyway (which led to the formation of the committee), wanted Ashley Williams ahead of Sakho. Didn't want Salah but instead a right sided centre back (then proceeds to buy Lovren, a LCB, in the summer). Only got to sign Benteke because he compromised and allowed the committee to sign Firmino. Apparently wanted Alex Tate at right sided centre back, and threatened to quit if he couldn't sign Joe Allen (whom the club said was too overpriced at the time)

Football operations can't work efficiently in such an environment

Rodgers wanting Dempsey ahead of Sturridge? Yeah nah. That there proves the story is bullshit. Rodgers tried to get Sturridge on loan from Chelsea at the start of his first season.

As for treating to quit over Allen. Laughable.

I think the Allen signing looks bad because we played Sahin outta position in order to shoe-horn him in. But he did play well during that time. Sahin really was the one that baffled the mind in terms of the way he was used

Lovren just made no sense, signed Sakho a LCB for 18 mil the previous summer, goes out and spends 20 mil on another LCB after that. Crazy

Carn. Totally different. Carroll doesn't have an ounce of Benteke's athleticism and we can probably assume Rodgers' philosophy has changed since. Carroll would never be a 'tiki taka' player.

Disagree, they may not be identical in every aspect but they are both broadly "target man" types. I actually reckon Andy Carroll is a better and more rounded player than people give him credit for, but injuries have obviously had a big impact on his career. Never a £35m player but better than people think.

Rodgers wanting Dempsey ahead of Sturridge? Yeah nah. That there proves the story is bullshit. Rodgers tried to get Sturridge on loan from Chelsea at the start of his first season.

As for treating to quit over Allen. Laughable.

I think the word around at the time was that Rodgers didn't fancy him because of his perceived attitude problems, which is why we didn't buy him outright in the summer window and buys him in Jan

But I can believe him wanting Dempsey, he wanted Sigurdsson first who went to Spurs so he tried to get Dempsey in that infamous Henderson swap deal

If Jurgs comes in, he'll just get Gotze and bedone with it

CQotBpQUEAAGkAL.jpg

Klopp has arrived

Ben SmithVerified account
‏@BenSmithBBC
@msaidi8 you may have to wait a few more days. Unlikely to be an announcement today

**** you Ben Smith
******* piece of ******* s**t ben smith what the ******* hell do you think you're doing getting the inside ******* knowledge and ruining my ******* excitement ******* punk ass ******* bitch. ******* verified get ****ed!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tony Barrett is spot on with what he is saying so it shows just how shockingly bad Rogers was in the transfer market. There is no way you can have a manager as a big club who is consistently clueless at picking recruits and tightening up the defence. I don't think we would be even top 10 material if his choices came in at the expense of the transfer committee's transfers.

Tony Barrett is spot on with what he is saying so it shows just how shockingly bad Rogers was in the transfer market. There is no way you can have a manager as a big club who is consistently clueless at picking recruits and tightening up the defence. I don't think we would be even top 10 material if his choices came in at the expense of the transfer committee's transfers.
Like mentioned above, take it with a grain of salt. This news paints Rodgers in a very bad light which is what the club would prefer at this point - and who are the journos getting their info from? The club, probably.

Like mentioned above, take it with a grain of salt. This news paints Rodgers in a very bad light which is what the club would prefer at this point - and who are the journos getting their info from? The club, probably.
I remember seeing heavy rumours for those players at the time, like more than just the usual bullshit rumours we get. I think it's pretty obvious he had a preference for players from England and he didn't care if they were valued at extortionate prices. The most damning news for me wasn't the players he was targeting, it was the transfer committee buying a player and then buying a player he wanted if he approved the transfer committee signing. (For those unaware, the club activated Benteke's release clause in return for Rodgers approving the transfer committee's move for Firmino).

What an absolute circus

If we get Klopp (fingers and everything else crossed) does this revive Balotelli career @ Anfield?

Seems to be going ok in SerieA.
Nope, cant see Balo's attitude or work rate changing and considering Klopp loves to press the opposition, that completely rules out the lazy Balotelli.

Reports are he'll bring in his own staff back in Dortmund including Zeljko Buvac his assistant

Apparently also wants to appoint a former Liverpool player in his staff, reportedly sounded out Didi and could do it with Robbie
Ive heard the same but why not keep Gary Mac. Apparently well liked by the players and revered on the Kop. He is ex-liverpool too which he is apparently what Klopp is looking for.

Hopefully Ljinders stays on though. Super talented coach from everything ive read.

Last edited:
Think 13/14 and that's pretty similar to how that is, except Klopp's pressing system is far more systematic and relentless, with probably less of a possession game. I dunno how long it'd take, loads of factors are involved, could take a short while, could take a season. He probably needs a pre-season to build the fitness levels up, which he puts huge emphasis on.

We will not see limp wristed midfielders, Klopp loves a destroyer like Bender in midfield and a deep playmaker like a Sahin or Gundogan. Similar to the sorta midfield Rafa used to want with Masch/Momo and Xabi and so forth. It's a big physical midfield with loads of legs and passing. Upfront Sturridge would be his Lewandowski (they're pretty similar players anyhow), you'd expect a no.10 in most games and a 2nd striker in others. He'd like a bit of pace out wide so I expect Markovic to come back next season and get a go. 4-2-3-1 will be his preferred go (which I think suits this squad), but there will be games where he goes two upfront and others where he'd go like 4-3-1-2

But I expect him to fix the midfield very first and foremost
The midfield will be interesting. We dont really have a destroyer in midfield. Lucas is a bit lightweight to be that destroyer but also doesnt have the passing and creativity to be a deep lying playmaker.

Can I think Klopp will love. Big, strong, quick, loves a tackle, good passing range. Just how and where he will get the best out of him will be interesting to see.

Klopp is gonna love Hendo. Work rate and tank. Will run himself into the ground for the cause. Same could be said of Milner but can they be effective together in the same midfield.

Allen you would think belongs in the limp wrist section. Sturridge's class and goal scoring makes him automatic. I think Klopp will love Ings too. Not so much Tekkers and Origi. Interesting times ahead.

What he will do with our defence will be super interesting.

Have said loads about Klopp's good things, but in terms of shortcomings with his style. He wants the whole team to cover loads of miles (he puts a lot of the kms covered stat, always want his side to consistently cover more miles than the other team), attack as a team and everyone defending. But when blokes can't track back fast enough, you can see some pretty dodgy defensive shapes at times.

Even though even during his last season when they flopped, his side conceded the 2nd least amount of shots in the league, and his league winning side conceded 18 the whole season, which was the Bundesliga record. So his defensive setup works when it clicks. He likes a semi-high line, two mids in front and everyone pressing from the front.

Teams parking the bus posed a problem to him in his last season coz they couldn't counter like they want. Although Dortmund really finished like a dog's breakfast that season. Losing his best players probably didn't help the quality of play going forward either, but he did replace Lewandowski with Immobile

And the way he pushes his players, expect injuries

He is still 48 so his style will keep evolving, and he adapts well so I expect he would find solutions to those problems
There is some worrying stuff in there. Playing a semi-high line in England is fraught with danger considering how much pace there is in England compared to other European leagues. If teams parking a bus gives him trouble well ... welcome to Liverpool. That's all teams do against us, is park like 6 buses cos they know we cant break them down. So unless he has new ideas on how to beat the bus then we're ****ed.

Expecting injuries. Daniel Sturridge doesnt like that.

Committee did the right thing there

Milner goes wide right and if he doesn't like it then too bad. It's his best position
I agree with this. I rate Milner. I think he is a very good player and I think he was excellent signing considering he cost us nothing. But all these assurances that he should play central was a bad idea IMO and the best thing that could have happened is a change of manager.

No promises now Milner and it's too late, you have already signing on. Haha. So we got what we want, a very good player for zero dollars up front. Now we also get to play him in his more natural and better position and he cant cry foul as Klopp can say, well I didnt promise you s**t.

Milner is far more effective out wide. In JK's system with 3 behind the striker, using Milner out wide with his work rate and ability to press will be key. Hendo and Can in the midfield two.

Klopp has always had quick wide man like a Blaszcyzkowski or Aubameyang at his disposal. I can't see how he'd just discard Markovic without giving him a crack at it. Although I doubt there's a recall option on a loan deal, which is crazy when you think about it

Good summary of Klopp's time at Dortmund in this vid:

https://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x38n2le
Great vid. You can see he shops well, isnt afraid to play young good players and develop them into world beaters. He is passionate and that kind of passion rubs off on everyone around him at the club. 6th, 5th, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd and 7th in his seven years. Plus I think two or three German cups. Id take that at Liverpool in a second haha.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back