Roast Post your favourite opposition bitterness about our three-peat

Remove this Banner Ad

Winning three in a row is an incredible achievement. I think 4/5 in a row is not out of the question, do you think there's ever a point as a hawthorn supporter where you think enough is enough? Could we see a forfeited GF one day? ;)

No way. Would you with the Eagles?

We're not going to say "OK, we've had our fun, let's let the rest of the comp have a crack!" As long as you can win, you win.

There is something fundamentally wrong with Cats fans, we all know that. Just knowing our run of flags is annoying the hell out them is a real bonus.
My Cous is a Cats supporter.... can confirm this.

There is something fundamentally wrong with Cats fans, we all know that. Just knowing our run of flags is annoying the hell out them is a real bonus.

I enjoy unfurling the flag at home games against Geelong. Hopefully we get them in Round 1 again next year.

My favourite is the essay "Has there ever been a more soul crushingly tedious team than Hawthorn?" started on the main board by a MELBOURNE supporter.

paul-roos_1wji3pgrpena51lqjcyo4i1zgz.jpg

Thats my fav too.

Thats my fav too.
Wonder how many of them actually watch the Hawks and how many just see uncontested marks and hear the commentators talk about the short game and think thats all we do

Absolutely...

To think, they could have had a threepeat of their own...and 4 flags in 5 years...wow!!!!!

If not only for a certain team, bestowing pain on them from a great height since 1963...

My favourite is the essay "Has there ever been a more soul crushingly tedious team than Hawthorn?" started on the main board by a MELBOURNE supporter.

paul-roos_1wji3pgrpena51lqjcyo4i1zgz.jpg
Hawthorn FC. Crushing souls since 1961.

And Norf have never sold themselves to the highest bidder in a desperate effort to get cash?

Best he reads his own club history to maybe learn a thing or two, but you can't fix stupid.
I think North failed at managing their machines and lost a heap on them and had to get rid of them. It certainly had nothing to do with being a good 'citizen'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the best I've seen is I posted on the "which dynasty" thread pointing out that 50 years from now nobody will even talk about Geelong 2007-2011 as a thing.

Cats fan in like a flash "thanks I laughed a lot reading this".

Next day the Footy Live app has a piece asking which was the most dominant - Collingwood, Melbourne (x2), Brisbane or Hawthorn?

That warm, warm salt.

Is anyone surprised by the overwhelming flood of anguish, pain, envy and bitterness flowing from many other teams' supporters? I was certainly expecting some, alot even, but I have to say I'm slightly surprised by the sheer extent of it. On the main board, other boards and on Facebook etc. It runs very very deep.

And I'm loving each and every living second of it!!!

Is anyone surprised by the overwhelming flood of anguish, pain, envy and bitterness flowing from many other teams' supporters? I was certainly expecting some, alot even, but I have to say I'm slightly surprised by the sheer extent of it. On the main board, other boards and on Facebook etc. It runs very very deep.

I'm surprised. I remember wanting Brisbane to keep winning flags so I could say I witnessed history being made. Seems not everyone has the same view!

I don't understand anyone having a crack at any premiership team. Even to win one is a huge achievement, so why any supporter of any club would try to denigrate a winning team is beyond me.

The thing I have pointed out to people around me is that Hawthorn made the errors versus the Swans in 2012 that teams have made against us for the last 3 years. We have learnt our lesson - we simply haven't made these errors again
(Inaccurate goal kicking, turnovers between half back and half forward, missed tackles etc).

I'd put it this way to supporters of clubs whose team hasn't saluted on average once every, say 18 years - your club has statistically failed. This isn't Hawthorn, Geelong, Brisbane or Sydney's fault. It is the inability of whichever club it is to build a team within a club to succeed.

Freo continue to kick less goals, StKilda made crucial errors in Grand Finals, Carlton are an administrative basket case, Essendon decided to give peptides a run, Richmond have worshipped B graders on their list for too long (e.g. Jake King), North have consistently been 4 goals better than the bottom 8 and 8 goals off top 2, Melbourne still wish we merged so they could bolster their trophy cabinet - always looking for a quick fix (Joe Gutnik's cash, Jeff White, Paul Roos) and very wasteful with a mountain of draft picks, Western Bulldogs have cast themselves as battlers for too long and played the role perfectly. The list goes on.

I admire us (for obvious reasons), but I also admire what Geelong achieved too. Both clubs bottomed out, then got a new administration, appointed a long term coach, built a list from the draft initially, moved on those not up to scratch, stayed the course, maintained a separation between the board and the playing field - and......both lost their best player to interstate teams and still managed to win premiership/s.

So, if people want to slag off about premiership sides, suggest a peek into their own backyard would be useful. Starting with David "we're so hard done by" Koch.

Yep....winners are grinners.

You make your own history.

And it can be done against the odds.

HFC is living proof of that.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Wonder how many of them actually watch the Hawks and how many just see uncontested marks and hear the commentators talk about the short game and think thats all we do

Mate, I have been noticing this more and more with each year. Many contemporary football supporters don't have opinions based on their own knowledge of the game, but opinions forged on a steady diet of listening to commentators in the media. They also lack the ability to understand what's happening on the field and rely upon sheets of meaningless stats to help them work out if a player have played a good game. To be honest, it annoys the crap out of me.

So according to most Essendon/Geelong/Sydney/Freo/West Coast fans:

• We're stupidly lucky to play the GF at our home ground, no other club enjoys this privilege
  • We benefited from Free Agency more than anyone else despite losing Franklin to it
  • We're the only club who bends the rules and plays unsociable football, every other team is full of choirboys
  • We get an armchair ride from the umpires every game, Matt Stevic is on our match committee
  • Our best players were traded from other clubs or recruited with priority picks or fell out of the sky in space bubbles
  • We play boring football, scoring goals so often is monotonous and no other team kicks sideways to switch play or uses short passes
  • We have no uniquely talented players or hard luck stories, all our players are soulless robots who lack personality
  • We only ever beat interstate teams in grand finals and all our opponents choked or had off days
  • Most of our players are massively overrated and would be terrible playing for other clubs
  • We're cheating to stay up for so long but nobody knows how, the AFL needs to equalize us out of existence

My response to these idiots:

giphy.gif

Yes, good post. It seems our major crime is working within the rules and guidelines set down by the AFL, but doing most things just a little bit better. I laughed out loud at one suggestion that the AFL "allowed" us to deal with Tasmania instead of giving other clubs a chance. Some people must enjoy going through life with their heads wedged accurately between their butt cheeks.

Oh, and the "unsociable football" tag has always amused me.

I counted 13 threads on the front page of the main board all related to Hawthorn. Most of which were whinge based.

Mate, I have been noticing this more and more with each year. Many contemporary football supporters don't have opinions based on their own knowledge of the game, but opinions forged on a steady diet of listening to commentators in the media. They also lack the ability to understand what's happening on the field and rely upon sheets of meaningless stats to help them work out if a player have played a good game. To be honest, it annoys the crap out of me.
The funny thing is in the Grand final we took probably a season high for us 18 contested marks in the game. Not many teams take more than 18 contested marks in a game these days. We smashed them inside, outside, in the air and on the ground. To have Geelong and then Hawthorn be dominant playing attacking football should signal to clubs the way the game should be played. Instead, Geelong regressed into a defence game under scott, Melbourne, Richmond, Freo and Sydney all play highly defensive games. Guarantee the next premier will not come from that group. We have achieved all this without any assistance from the AFL. If people can't accept what a great achievement this has been then they really aren't worth the time to worry about.

Old bloke on SEN calling in now saying that the Goodes booing was started by Hawk supporters sop thats a strike against us, and that Brisbane was a better team because:
a) they only took 14 years from their inception to win a flag :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:
b) The hawks have benefited from free agency

he may have had a point with Goodes (rightly or wrongly) but then the rest made it clear it was simply an anti-Hawthorn whinge

Last edited:
Old bloke on SEN calling in now saying that the Goodes booing was started by Hawk supporters sop thats a strike against us, and that Brisbane was a better team because:
a) they only took 14 years from their inception to win a flag :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:
b) The hawks have benefited from free agency

he may have had a point with Goodes (rightly or wrongly) but then the rest made it clear it was simply an anti-Hawthorn whinge
I actually heard that and nearly drove off the road. What bitterness!! Luckily though, Jon Ralph isn't having none of it. KB makes me sick.

Already the complaints from media pundits has started - didn't take very long!

The Hawks know that the AFL Commission is less than delighted to see them winning a third flag, since the outcome runs contrary to the league's equalisation objectives.
There is much discussion about "the problem" of Hawthorn's hegemony, which bothers football people more than Geelong's Ling dynasty
Hawthorn's success has involved some measure of luck
The Hawthorn empire has a shelf life, and everyone – besides their own – will hope the expiration date is imminent.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...shows-up-the-other-clubs-20151006-gk2o0v.html

We can 'look forward' to reading a more of this next year, articles exceedingly biased against us without the authors even bothering to hide it.

I wonder if these critics will be smart enough to realize they're helping us by adding to our motivation? Nah probably not. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back