List Mgmt. 2015 List Discussion (No rumours or hypotheticals please)

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think that's reasonable to place him at 3 but he could also be as low as 8. It's very subjective given he's missed so much footy this year. I wouldn't be at all surprised if his injuries have been treated in an overly cautious manner by the academy. BTW Gold Coast have the third pick so if they nominate Mills it should be tit for tat.

Except that they haven't got a single player in their academy worth bidding on..... I would like to think the other academy teams wouldn't do this to each other, show a little bit of solidarity. I still expect them to go for Francis.

The Dons with pick 4 is a different kettle of fish.... you watch them call out Hopper, Mills and Kennedy. Filthy club

well, I said no to Buddy's move, and was overwhelmed by some 70 metre bombs. I get the same vibe from Steve J, but without the 70 metre bombs. He will have to be on a seriously cheap contract for this to be ok. I..just...no..yeah..no to Steve J.

Otherwise it may be worth a risk to pick up Jarrad Redden who was recently delisted by PA. He showed a huge amount of potential a few years ago but has never been able to overtake Lobbe or Ryder.

Had a 2 year knee injury and spent the whole 2015 season in the SANFL recovering and showed some great end of season form there once he got a few games under his belt. (When he played against you guys in Round 2 this season he was very underdone and even I knew it on the Thursday he was picked)

The reason he was delisted was because his tank wasn't up to standard which was a problem before his 2 year knee injury.

I was very disappointing to hear the news when he got delisted as I watch every Maggies home game at Alberton and can see this guy is an AFL player if fit.

If you guys picked him up and got his tank right, He'd be a valuable tap ruck + tall forward option that can clunk a mark and kick a goal at AFL level.

Sorry for intruding but apparently Richmond are offering Pick 12 for Lobbe

As a hypothetical would you guys do Pick 14 + Nankervis for Lobbe + Pick 47 to beat that?

Highly unlikely given we will need pick 14 plus lower points to secure Mills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not interested in Stevie J in a playing role. Would much rather get some games into Rose and hope for a fully fit McGlynn.

Capable of the odd magic moment but don't see him adding a huge amount of value.

Not interested in Stevie J in a playing role. Would much rather get some games into Rose and hope for a fully fit McGlynn. Capable of the odd magic moment but don't see him adding a huge amount of value.
Watch his farewell game, SJ was awesome. He has had a very good 2015, only the Geelong retirement policy has moved him out, very capable of being a big contributor in 2016 IMO.

You have to keep an eye on the long term when recruiting obviously but if you think that SJ can help you win the 2016 flag, get him and he is free and won't cost a heap either.

Stevie j Would of ranked 7th overall at sydney by champion data for 2015

Some talking like he is a pensioner

Prefer him to towers round 1

Well here is where all your other arguments against Towers fall apart rapidly.

Should Stevie J come to us & I know we wouldn't recruit him, then you have to accept that he hasn't got a defensive bone in his body other than to whack someone behind play. Romance aside, it will turn to tears quickly.
Not a chance Longmire would have him at our club other than in a coaching capacity.

I should add, that with Goodesy retired, our forward defensive pressure next year will increases significantly without the confusion of other forwards having to cover for Goodesy when the ball is on the way out. On many occasions this season, other forwards had to follow Goodes' opponent out on the rebound, a ploy used by the better clubs against us all year. Not detracting from Goodes' output because his upside was far superior to many of his team mates this year as a forward. I'm sure Horse was comfortable with that from our legend but in no way would he bring in a 'foreign' player who is defensively weak the majority of the time.

Well here is where all your other arguments against Towers fall apart rapidly.

Should Stevie J come to us & I know we wouldn't recruit him, then you have to accept that he hasn't got a defensive bone in his body other than to whack someone behind play. Romance aside, it will turn to tears quickly.
Not a chance Longmire would have him at our club other than in a coaching capacity.

What arguments against Towers

Its hard to take anything you say seriously

If stevie j was a swan you would be spouting about him only being 32 and a superstar of the game.

Yeah we get it sydney are awesome and others plays not as good

Towers cant even tackle the tackle bag, so why is he better than an elite player defensively and besides we need goal kickers

If stevie j was a swan you would be spouting about him only being 32 and a superstar of the game.

Towers cant even tackle the tackle bag, so why is he better than an elite player defensively and besides we need goal kickers

No probs then!

All the way with Stevie J!

Elite 32 year old with a highlights package second to 5.
Considered past his use by date by the team he represented & that beat us only a few weeks ago.
Yet he somehow finds himself as part of our starting 22 ahead of a player yet to play his 20th game with much upside.

I have no doubt SJ would be at Geelong this coming year at a minimum if Danger money was not needed.

He has a year or 2 left in him at a club like ours that has a chance of finals. Good fit and will be cheap. His options are limited after all.

I have no doubt SJ would be at Geelong this coming year at a minimum if Danger money was not needed.

He has a year or 2 left in him at a club like ours that has a chance of finals. Good fit and will be cheap. His options are limited after all.

Only have to look at the Hawks to realise you can still have players plying decent football when they are over 30.
SJ would have the same issues that Goodes had this year and that would be the defensive side of the game (due mainly to age and losing a yard of pace).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back