Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desslok

Debutant
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Always been keen to put the fundamentals of next years fantasy/sc/rdt teams down while the iron is still hot. Sites like fanfooty & dtlive have in previous years guesstimated the price changes and allowed us to experiment with next years systems..

Anyone have any idea if these sites (or any others) are intending on producing such a tool again this year?

cheers in advance.

They will be. Ive started planning early after having a disappointing year trying to be too unique.

Its pretty easy to work out. Pretty much the amount a player will be is better looked at based on avg number terms.

From memory we had 10 mill or 10.07 mill for our entire team last year. Fantasy like to keep up with the real thing ie: player salaries. Next year i believe the cap will be 10.36 mill.

So roughly an increase of 102.9% based on last year. Ie: A player priced at 100 last year will be priced at 102.9 this year if that makes sense.

Basicay fantasy now work on a general rule basis. If a player plays

9 games - 3% discount
8 g - 6% disc
7g - 9% disc
6g - 12% disc
5g - 15% disc
4g - 18% disc
3 g - 21% disc
2g - 24% disc
1g - 27% disc
Didnt play - 30% discount

From memory a
5666 was roughly the magic number last year (ie: starting price of 1 point avg). So if we run that with a 102.9 % increase the the potential expected Magic Number could be said to be about 5830 in 2016.

So based on that, lets use Rocky. Rocky avg 104.6 this year. He doesn't get a discount as he played 10 games or more. So 104.6 x 5830 = $609 800 price tag**

But yes someone will roll out prices soon like fanfooty ect

** I cant remember if they used 10 mill or 10.07 mill as the salary cap for our side last year??

Last edited:

Monty over at fanfooty seems to have his 2016 fanplanner up and running. Have at it!

It seems we know Liberatore will be priced at 391k.

Which resembles last year a 30% discount on his 2014 avg.

If this is true which it should be as his price has been released then the starting salary will remain at 10 mill and the magic number will stay roughly the same as last year 5660~ give or take a few dollars. Every players price should pretty much be able to be worked out now.

Anyone know price Petracca is likely to be? 2014 pick no2 but didn't play any games in 2015. If he's heavily reduced surely he'd be a lock as a base priced mid/forward given he's bound to be in Melbourne's best 22.

Anyone know price Petracca is likely to be? 2014 pick no2 but didn't play any games in 2015. If he's heavily reduced surely he'd be a lock as a base priced mid/forward given he's bound to be in Melbourne's best 22.
Would be basement price id think.

Or maybe 30% off his 2014 fantasy price.

He will be very cheap and in everyones teams

Hi Guys,

Is there any website which lists all players 2015 weekly scores? I can get lists of player averages, prices and playing positions however I am struggling to find a list of all players with their weekly scores.

Ie.

Name Rnd 1 Rnd 2 Rnd 3 etc
Ablett 120 111 105
Beams 102 98 131
etc
etc

I want to put this data into excel, it is available on fanfooty but I would have to open each player individually and copy it across.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Is there any website which lists all players 2015 weekly scores? I can get lists of player averages, prices and playing positions however I am struggling to find a list of all players with their weekly scores.

Ie.

Name Rnd 1 Rnd 2 Rnd 3 etc
Ablett 120 111 105
Beams 102 98 131
etc
etc

I want to put this data into excel, it is available on fanfooty but I would have to open each player individually and copy it across.

Thanks
DTLive Data View should provide what you're wanting, many different filters also, which can be very handy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems we know Liberatore will be priced at 391k.

Which resembles last year a 30% discount on his 2014 avg.

If this is true which it should be as his price has been released then the starting salary will remain at 10 mill and the magic number will stay roughly the same as last year 5660~ give or take a few dollars. Every players price should pretty much be able to be worked out now.
Wrong, he's $441k in AFL Fantasy, $343,200 in Real Dream Team. Still should be a lock in most teams though

He should have had a 30% discount, i really don't like how AFL fantasy like to play by their own rules with this bullshit and rob us off absolute bargains just for the sake of it.

I actually like it id just like to know the exact formula and how the decisions are made. It seems a bit scattergun.

But it makes the game tougher which helps the more apt fantasy coaches and at the end of the day everyone starts on a level playing field.

All of a sudden locks such as Jaegar, Crouch, Ablett and Libba arent that set in stone. I dont really want a guy priced at 75-80 if they are only going to avg 95-100 in the mids.

I actually like it id just like to know the exact formula and how the decisions are made. It seems a bit scattergun.

But it makes the game tougher which helps the more apt fantasy coaches and at the end of the day everyone starts on a level playing field.

All of a sudden locks such as Jaegar, Crouch, Ablett and Libba arent that set in stone. I dont really want a guy priced at 75-80 if they are only going to avg 95-100 in the mids.
Scattergun is exactly the right word for it. Some random up at FanHub or whoever runs it literally just makes it up.
I agree that some of the discounts need tweaking, but I like the idea of a mathematical formula, rather than it being the choice of some random.

Scattergun is exactly the right word for it. Some random up at FanHub or whoever runs it literally just makes it up.
I agree that some of the discounts need tweaking, but I like the idea of a mathematical formula, rather than it being the choice of some random.
The AFL fantasy people are the randoms... RDT and other sites go

- Miss 11 games or more 30% discount
- Miss 8 games or more 20% discount
- Miss 5 games or more 10% discounr

But then the AFL fantasy pricks decide to play god and go, ahh nah Libba is too cheap, despite the fact he missed an entire year with a serious knee injury.

Last edited:
Nah, FanHub is the company that runs AFL Fantasy. VirtualSports does RDT, aaaaand I'm not sure who does Supercoach. VirtualSports were the ones who ran it for ages, and had the percentage discounts.
Ahh sorry I confused FanHub with one of those sites that guesses prices before the season comes out.

Nah, FanHub is the company that runs AFL Fantasy. VirtualSports does RDT, aaaaand I'm not sure who does Supercoach. VirtualSports were the ones who ran it for ages, and had the percentage discounts.

VirtualSports run both RDT and SuperCoach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back