MLB Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be a great playoff series. Great to see the Cubs, Mets and Blue Jays in...and of course the Astros!! Disappointing not to have won the division, but after the last few years, WCard is not too bad a consolation. Think we'll beat the Yanks.

I reckon the Yanks will win.

Not sure on Cubs/Pirates. Hard to go against Arrieta. Think the Pirates would go to the world series if they can get over the cubs, but I think the Cubs are more likely to win a one game match up.

Feels like Toronto's to lose, but play offs do strange things

Absolutely. Astros pitches had a seriously generous strike zone - made no difference though. Yankees no where near it.
Both sides had a bit extra room at the bottom of the zone, but the Astros were also getting a few call way outside away from pitchers, one in the 7th inning (I think) in particular was just nowhere near

As predicted, a very meek ending for us. Simply unacceptable and heads have to roll.
Hoping for a KC v SL World series, not a fan of the others

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not his fault no one can hit
A one off game is always a lotto.
Some of his decisions/strategies during the season were poor. It comes down to more than today.
Need to find a starting pitcher or two, the current lot on the whole are rubbish.
Will have to be some big decisions made because the club is going nowhere currently

Pretty sure Yankees haven't hit a run off Keuchel for last 20 or so innings they've faced him.....and they've struggled all season against lefties.

I'd fancy Pirates if it was a 5 game series but I think Cubs may win the one off with Arrieta on absolute fire. Tough loss for whoever misses out, both had excellent seasons.

A one off game is always a lotto.
Some of his decisions/strategies during the season were poor. It comes down to more than today.
Need to find a starting pitcher or two, the current lot on the whole are rubbish.
Will have to be some big decisions made because the club is going nowhere currently

I just think what has happened to the Yankees this year and last year is exactly what everyone said would happen. You pay a s**t load of cash to ageing stars who are on the wrong side of the improvement curve, you put them all out there at once and you watch the impending car crash.

All things considered they had a pretty good year. But they never teamed. Beltran was slow out of the grates, and as soon as he got going A Rod fell off a cliff. Drew is an offensive liability. Tex was a massive loss. Gardner and Headly fell off the same cliff at the same time as A Rod. McCann was just so so hitting. And McCann and A Rod in particular and Beltran are base running liabilities.

Dad's army actually did better than most expected dad's army to do.

Pretty sure Yankees haven't hit a run off Keuchel for last 20 or so innings they've faced him.....and they've struggled all season against lefties.

I'd fancy Pirates if it was a 5 game series but I think Cubs may win the one off with Arrieta on absolute fire. Tough loss for whoever misses out, both had excellent seasons.
That's how I feel also. Somewhat biased, but think the Cubs behind Arrieta should be able to get it done.

I think the Pirates are a better chance of going deeper though. I think the Cubs can get the Cardinals but I feel the Dodgers would roll them. Would be confident against the Mets though. Whereas I thin the Pirates would make the World Series if they get over the Cubs

Toronto's world series to lose, you would think.

I just think what has happened to the Yankees this year and last year is exactly what everyone said would happen. You pay a s**t load of cash to ageing stars who are on the wrong side of the improvement curve, you put them all out there at once and you watch the impending car crash.

All things considered they had a pretty good year. But they never teamed. Beltran was slow out of the grates, and as soon as he got going A Rod fell off a cliff. Drew is an offensive liability. Tex was a massive loss. Gardner and Headly fell off the same cliff at the same time as A Rod. McCann was just so so hitting. And McCann and A Rod in particular and Beltran are base running liabilities.

Dad's army actually did better than most expected dad's army to do.

McCann's an interesting one. I was upset when he left the braves but he hasn't done much since leaving. He used to be a .280-300 hitter with a bit of pop (15-20hr). But his average has declined significantly over the past 5-6 years and hitting a few more HRs but also with a friendly hr hitting park for lefties. Dare say he is catching more than expected in an AL side due to A-Rod being back.

Also I think Girardi did a great job to get a pretty flawed side into the play offs. Ellsbury got injured at the wrong time, they were looking pretty damn good but he was dreadful after coming off the DL. Pitching staff has been pretty crap or banged up all year also.

Kyle Schwarber hit a two run bomb in the third, after drivng in Fowler in the first. He was in instructional league a year ago. Arrieta has 6 k's in three innings. Everything is going alright at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back