Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GWS currently have pick 8 and will have pick 7 (Collingwood) by the end of trade week.

We could trade for pick 8 so Geelong can't use the ND as a valid option, well they could but we could threaten to take PD at that pick.

8 for 13 + a pick in the 40s (difference between 8 and 13 is 339 points = pick 46).

GWS should be open to this because they will be using a lot of their picks to make up points when they're matching academy picks. Their position is less relevant than their point value.

GWS currently have pick 8 and will have pick 7 (Collingwood) by the end of trade week.

We could trade for pick 8 so Geelong can't use the ND as a valid option, well they could but we could threaten to take PD at that pick.

8 for 13 + a pick in the 40s (difference between 8 and 13 is 339 points = pick 46).

GWS should be open to this because they will be using a lot of their picks to make up points when they're matching academy picks. Their position is less relevant than their point value.

A cheaper option would be to convince GWS to take him and make it publicly known.

Pay overs for Hampton on the provision that they stand up in the trade room hall, yell out "Hey Geelong!" and hold up a sign that says "pick 8 has PD's name written on it" while grabbing their crotch and thrusting in the direction of the Geelong contingent.

I would say to them "look you have a lot of quality players playing in the NEAFL right now, you know you will be trading valuable uncontracted players over the next few years, it is in your best interest to make the PSD a genuine threat to players and clubs, to make them realise the draft is random so trades are done."

Last edited:

Perhaps our Hampton trade is pick 13 and 31 for 8 and Hampton.

Check mate!

Where do you get the info about the veterans rule ceasing to exist? The AFL & AFLPA haven't signed off on a new CBA for 2017-> yet.

Yep, you are right... hasn't been signed off... but seems inevitable if there is agreement from the AFLPA.

PHASED REFORM OF THE VETERANS ALLOWANCE
• Current veterans allowance to be retained at $118k per eligible player in 2015 and 2016
Agreement from AFLPA that the veterans allowance will be abolished from season 2017

"The Competitive Balance Policy will be reviewed during 2016 before the AFL Commission establishes a financial strategy for 2017-2021."

http://www. .com.au/news/2014-06-04/afl-statement-competitive-balance-policy-syd.

Perhaps our Hampton trade is pick 13 and 31 for 8 and Hampton.

Check mate!

That would be a great deal. Rates Hampton as a mid-to-late third round pick, which I think is fair. (Doubt GWS would do the trade, but who knows, it does give them academy currency)

Then trade Pick 8 + 48 for Redden + Pick 20 (this rates Redden as Pick 19). On trade pick 20 for Menzel. You'd do this deal after we secure a deal for Dangerfield.

We then go into the draft with the Dangerfield compensation, having turned our existing picks into Redden, Menzel and Hampton

That pick swap is more absurd than ours with Geelong last year!!!
And then threaten to draft a guy who wants to be in a different state? I don't know what planet you're on but Danger will not come back to us via the Draft.

If he goes to the PSD he's going to Geelong. No other club, as much as some are saying now they'll take him, will draft him. Always happens that way. Will be no different this time and the AFC know it.

And then threaten to draft a guy who wants to be in a different state? I don't know what planet you're on but Danger will not come back to us via the Draft.

If he goes to the PSD he's going to Geelong. No other club, as much as some are saying now they'll take him, will draft him. Always happens that way. Will be no different this time and the AFC know it.

I'm kind of joking mate. I would never redraft a player with pick 8 that doesn't want to be at your club. But you can threaten it.

Also if he picks the PSD he would be gone at pick 1. But Conners has already said it would be national draft so I can't see the PSD ever being a valid option.

If that's the case, then why does anyone trade. Why aren't there a whole list of players going into the draft each year to avoid trades?

Nah, I don't even want to pretend to want him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that's the case, then why does anyone trade. Why aren't there a whole list of players going into the draft each year to avoid trades?

Exactly. Like the Saints list manager said on trade radio. You're picking your 22nd best player in the PSD. If Danger is there, you're taking him.

National draft is a different story. Teams wont want to lose picks with actual value. Although the argument is you'll get your first round pick back next year when you trade him to Geelong.

Exactly. Like the Saints list manager said on trade radio. You're picking your 22nd best player in the PSD. If Danger is there, you're taking him.

National draft is a different story. Teams wont want to lose picks with actual value. Although the argument is you'll get your first round pick back next year when you trade him to Geelong.
And they are saying that next year is an absolute belter of a draft.

So if you are building for a few years time - delaying that pick might be a good plan :)

Also where is this Jed Anderson super stud nonsense coming from?
Pacey type worth a punt, sure

But he was never a super prospect. He was pre-listed by GWS who gave him to Hawthorn for the equivalent of a half eaten sandwich before he started.

Since then he hasn't really come on. Pneumonia or not

He hasn't lifted his value and his original value for stuff all.

First round????? Ha ha

Redden doesn't want to move back to Adelaide whilst he's playing AFL apparently as his close mates here are real party animals and love getting on the piss and he doesn't want the distraction of moving back home were always mates are

Could be completely wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sources is just my friend but my group of mates are from Brighton high and redden and his mates are from sacred heart only a few years apart so they're always mutual friends between those two schools where rumours can spread quickly

Odd predicament for someone to make up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back