List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the start of Barrett and Wallaces' segment in the afternoon, they blew smoke up each others' butts for a while, which was hilarious. Then, shortly after Barrett gave Richmond a bit of a whack today for missing out on Treloar, a tiggies fan called in and tried to give him a hard time about what his job is all about. Barrett cut him off quite quickly, but it was entertaining for a minute.
As far as actual use, when they interview list or player managers, you sometimes get info straight from the horse's mouth that's worth knowing, but listening to the 'list manager' can be absolutely excruciating [for tone of voice and banal knowledge].

It's even more excruciating to listen to Terry Wallace because he did such a great list management job while he was at Richmond. If he's the 'List Manager' then I'm a List Vice President

Dunno why people rip into Barrett tbh, he gets quite a lot right when others are way off he's a very good journo
His strike rate is good for footy journos, but he's a bit of an ambulance chaser. When you combine that with how the media has pumped him up as an expert at actual footy analysis by including him as a panelist or co-host in all these sorts of shows, it's cringeworthy and makes him a lot less likeable than he could/should be.

But Does he Really have Much Inside Info or Just the Normal Person on SEN who Thinks they Know stuff?
He would have limited inside info. But I'll give you the tip, if Treloar deal had hit an end, and there was still a "heap of work to do" or he was potentially backing out to go somewhere else, it wouldn't be the golfer on SEN breaking it.

BEEG, any word back on this?

If Moore and/or Young are going to be little more than 'depth' players, then why wouldn't we go for Jeremy Howe, who adds a bit more versatility to our structure?
Let me channel him.

Look umm we are interested but Howe isn't a priority and certainly not at 600K so it's quite possible but unlikely.
And don't forget we have something big in the works for next year.
Will know more soon.

*this mail will change according to the reports in the media and I'll take all the credit no matter the outcome

Now give me my likes!!!!1one!!

Let me channel him.

Look umm we are interested but Howe isn't a priority and certainly not at 600K so it's quite possible but unlikely.
And don't forget we have something big in the works for next year.
Will know more soon.

*this mail will change according to the reports in the media and I'll take all the credit no matter the outcome

Now give me my likes!!!!1one!!

Why are you so desperate for people to know you don't believe BEEG has "sources"?
I think we know your belief on it based on your other 12 posts on the subject.

Some guy on FB posted this on one of those Facebook pages...
"Neil Balme was in a meeting at a cafe in Pakington St (Geelong) today.....

I wonder if Collingwood are involved in a 3 way trade with Geelong and if so what for.....

Watch this space......"

Take it with a tub of salt.

I wonder if Collingwood are involved in a 3 way trade with Geelong and if so what for.....
Watch this space......"

He was probably having coffee with his sister.

Watch this space......"

Jansen? Know nothing about him, but he wears 35 so must be pretty good at least... anyone familiar with him? Worth a look?
Sounds like Cats people think he is off to Brisbane... Cats need picks... we want Aish... joining imaginary dots...

"Aish’s manager Liam Pickering confirmed on Wednesday he would meet Brisbane talent acquisition and retention manager Peter Schwab on Thursday, and a decision was likely by Friday"
If he was going why meet again? Wouldn't he just announce his departure.
Sounds as though he is about to re-sign with Brisbane (just been trying to get the best deal).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Aish’s manager Liam Pickering confirmed on Wednesday he would meet Brisbane talent acquisition and retention manager Peter Schwab on Thursday, and a decision was likely by Friday"
If he was going why meet again? Wouldn't he just announce his departure.
Sounds as though he is about to re-sign with Brisbane (just been trying to get the best deal).

Maybe he is going in to tell them to trade his client to his preferred destination or he will work the system to get there via one of the drafts.

Maybe he is going in to tell them to trade his client to his preferred destination or he will work the system to get there via one of the drafts.
I guess we will know by late tomorrow.
I still want Aish (he becomes our Freeman draft replacement...we treat him as our pick 10 & forget all about Freeman).

Why are you so desperate for people to know you don't believe BEEG has "sources"?

Stage 5 stalker

Anything BEEG? Want some tasty news lol

Nope I'm going try and push hard tomorrow if not I will see him at the Copeland Friday night

I last told everyone Treloar would be the main target with us getting a couple cheaper options along the way for example a Varcoe type

Plan is from Bucks mouth is to save salary cap room and have a crack at couple big options in 2016

From media reports this week it sounds pretty spot on chasing Young and Moore

Last edited:
Cheers for your contributions BEEG. You have been spot on so far. Wondering who those big names might be? Obviously Jaeger would be one and the others? Whilst I would love Amish again the Pies I get the feeling Bucks is building this list one block at a time to have a sustained period of success. He is identifying the players that will bring this and recruiting over a 3-5 year period to achieve this goal. He will not take any shortcuts in doing so. He does not want a repeat of 2010-11 where the team fell away after contending briefly for 2 years.

Last edited:
12! And the rest

It's even more excruciating to listen to Terry Wallace because he did such a great list management job while he was at Richmond. If he's the 'List Manager' then I'm a List Vice President
I don't understand why people listen to trade radio a week before the trade period starts. Its painfully slow during trade week so getting in early is like watching enamel paint dry during winter.

Nope I'm going try and push hard tomorrow if not I will see him at the Copeland Friday night

I last told everyone Treloar would be the main target with us getting a couple cheaper options along the way for example a Varcoe type

Plan is from Bucks mouth is to save salary cap room and have a crack at couple big options in 2016

From media reports this week it sounds pretty spot on chasing Young and Moore
Interesting as looking at the free agents left for 2016. There isn't much there at all. Suppose Jaeger would be one of the main targets next year.

Andy Maher on SEN reckons that we are offering 1st round this year & 2nd round this year which GWS are baulking at it. Apparently Carlton have offered significantly more money and told Treloar that they will take him in the PSD and Treloar is open to that. Andy reckons that the Carlton part is not a rumour.

Funny conversation though. Andre Gaze was saying this is a good thing for the Pies because GWS could lose him for nothing, and Maher is trying to argue why this is a bad situation and puts more pressure on us than GWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back