Alexis Sanchez - The best player in the Premier League

Remove this Banner Ad

image.jpg

If the super glue they patched his hip up with in April holds him together, this guy will be in the discussion in a month's time. Looked very sharp since returning to the side.

If the super glue they patched his hip up with in April holds him together, this guy will be in the discussion in a month's time. Looked very sharp since returning to the side.

I really rate Sturridge but I've never seen him as a player you'd mention in discussions for the best in the league tbh. When he was dominating alongside Suarez I viewed him similarly to how I viewed Rooney when he was playing with Ronaldo, as in they're both quality footballers who can lead the line and be key players for big clubs, but they just don't have that extra level that the Ronaldo's, Suarez' and Aguero's do IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really rate Sturridge but I've never seen him as a player you'd mention in discussions for the best in the league tbh. When he was dominating alongside Suarez I viewed him similarly to how I viewed Rooney when he was playing with Ronaldo, as in they're both quality footballers who can lead the line and be key players for big clubs, but they just don't have that extra level that the Ronaldo's, Suarez' and Aguero's do IMO.
To be fair to Sturridge, you've just named Ronaldo, Suarez and Aguero who are all in the top five players on the planet.

We'll see over the next few weeks/months I guess. If he can stay fit then Aguero is the only striker I'd take ahead of him in the Premier League. Speed, touch, dribbling ability, finishing from inside & outside the box, he can create chances out of nothing for himself and for others - he's elite in so many areas of the game it makes him just about unplayable (when he's actually on the park!), and his scoring record speaks for itself.

The only caveat for me is his fitness, that's the only reason he's often missed when these 'best player in the league' discussions are brought up but on ability he's definitely around the mark. For his and our sake, hopefully the surgery and overly cautious approach to his rehab this time around has done the trick.

It's difficult to genuinely gauge how good Sturridge is because of his recurring injuries and periods of football missed. At his best, yes he's all class.

But not sure its a clearcut case of only Aguero being better than him in the league. Costa for me is second.

And there's Sanogo.

It's difficult to genuinely gauge how good Sturridge is because of his recurring injuries and periods of football missed. At his best, yes he's all class.

But not sure its a clearcut case of only Aguero being better than him in the league. Costa for me is second.

And there's Sanogo.
Costa? Really? Aguero, Sanchez, yes. Not sure about Costa. But I guess Sturridge just has to stay fit and prove to everyone how good he is.

Unfair bringing up Sanogo as nobody is in his class.

Costa? Really? Aguero, Sanchez, yes. Not sure about Costa. But I guess Sturridge just has to stay fit and prove to everyone how good he is.

Unfair bringing up Sanogo as nobody is in his class.
Have you forgotten how good he was last season already?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yes! By a mile. He's absolutely killing it atm!

Beating up on Newcastle is fun but, well, it is Newcastle... :D

in fairness, everyone is newcastle when it comes to bayern.

still an exceptional striker in amazing form. but so was bas dost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back