Opinion Don't mention the war (a.k.a. The same old arguments)

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe you are in fact a delusional Hawks fan. Don't think cats fans wear that attire. If they are so astonishing, how do Richmond beat them every time on the park. Take their mids out of the equation and you have a severely weakened Hawks lineup.
Also, West Coast smashed them in that first final because of the pressure they put on, restricted their easy possessions and ran the ball quickly through the corridor....
Sounds like the way we USED TO PLAY while we were beating them 11 times in a row:eek:

I believe you are in fact a delusional Hawks fan. Don't think cats fans wear that attire. If they are so astonishing, how do Richmond beat them every time on the park. Take their mids out of the equation and you have a severely weakened Hawks lineup.

Actually that's "School Bully" from "Ripping Yarns".....Blighty does have a sense of humour.

Yep and a magnificent episode it is.

You'll meet SchoolBully at around 6 mins, 15 mins, 21 mins..and 25 mins...enjoy.....classic stuff.....

And for Partridge just in case you haven't seen him for a while...

Last edited:

Living in a parallel universe you probably haven't noticed we are rated as one of the most successful clubs over the past decade and the way things are looking will more than likely be again and comparatively quickly. After a very short time of renewal. So short most teams - and supporters - would be over-the-moon about it. Most!

I've got to hand it to you for your ducking and weaving. It would do Rioli proud. Your prognostication was that neither Menz of Vards would play again. Um! Think they have and quite well.

As we speak your comments on the three have been proved wrong.
Not just this decade. The AFL era and sadly the pesky Hawks may have staked a claim as the most successful with their fifth flag but we've had a prolonged period of good performances now.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/05/15/successful-club-afl-era/

more than likely be again
Based on what? The recruiting of one gun mid? The rest of our trade hopefuls have far from proven themselves especially in the last two seasons. I feel sorry for the many deluded souls on here predicting huge success next year, for the disappointment they feel come the end of next season will be palpable. Should we even gain all our reported recruits we still have so many holes in our team that many on here are blind to and refuse to see. I'm excited next year to see Dangerfield, Menzel's continued resurgence, and Cocky continue to turn it on among a few others but my expectations of team success are non existent as we simply won't have any! With a whole new team lacking any cohesion running around together like we'll have next year combined with our complete lack of forward pressure, lack of defensive outside run, inability to win contested possession, hopeless clearance numbers, and a dysfunctional low scoring forward line, we'll finish mid table and play in one losing final at best.

Last edited:
So we might play a final with no cohesion, no forward pressure, no defensive outside run, no ability to win contested ball, useless at clearances and a dysfunctional low scoring forward line.

Damn lucky we're hot in the other areas of the game then.....

So we might play a final with no cohesion, no forward pressure, no defensive outside run, no ability to win contested ball, useless at clearances and a dysfunctional low scoring forward line.

hqdefault.jpg

Maybe so, but I can't control what others post. It only means some posters share some of my views about some aspects of the club. And it's very much specific to certain areas.

But you can control what you do post. And while my opinion counts for zero in the world of Partridge, and fair enough, I just wish there was more of the quality intelligence and knowledge and less of the "petty bitter sarcasm", to quote Mel Brooks.

But again, its your world. I just read it.

Go Catters

So if we get a semblance of all the above, heck we may win the GF.
Maybe I am one of the delusional fans BC refers to, love the fact he is so sure he is right.
On this year alone and without any additions I am confident of improving next year, and then again the year after.

I am happy with any contradictory view, but to just state what he does as if it is fact is just lazy and unproductive.
No cohesion: agreed - with the addition of new players and players missing with injuries this year, I am confident of improvement in this area.

No forward pressure: agreed - A more balanced forward line with natural improvement from Gregson, Lang, and the addition of Menzel and we improve I feel.

I could go on but overall I am confident we improve and that is what we want, delusional, hardly?

Ha, I can see how illogical my post may have sounded, I should've clarified that in my head at the time I wrote it I was thinking of those deficiencies in relation to the better teams in the comp - not every team in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha, I can see how illogical my post may have sounded, I should've clarified that in my head at the time I wrote it I was thinking of those deficiencies in relation to the better teams in the comp - not every team in the comp.

You miserable little snot....get your act together... :)

I don't care for his fade away. His season was drastically better than anything he did for us and that proves my point. Our system is currently flawed and we are not getting the most out of many of our younger players.

Guess we'll simply have to come back to this in a few years time because as it stands, 2016 is going to be very deflating for most of our supporters on this board I suspect.
Absolute bollocks. In his Poodle days as a running back people here were raving about him. Never really got over the knee injury. He was no better for the Tiges. The only one of those mentioned in your earlier post who has improved since moving is Varcoe.

Throughout the last 15 years we've been lucky enough to say that we've made very few errors.

We've recruited well, had good development and achieved great success.

However, in the next 5 - 10 years we will look back and say our greatest mistake was not trading Johnson in 2014. I know the bid came late, I know that he was and will be a club legend, but his time was nearing the end. Two top ten picks in any draft would be golden, and it could have set us up for another 10 years.

I understand why it didn't happen, I just wish GWS had tabled the offer a day earlier so it could have been done.

Throughout the last 15 years we've been lucky enough to say that we've made very few errors.

However, in the next 5 - 10 years we will look back and say our greatest mistake was not trading Johnson in 2014. I know the bid came late, I know that he was and will be a club legend, but his time was nearing the end. Two top ten picks in any draft would be golden, and it could have set us up for another 10 years.

I understand why it didn't happen, I just wish GWS had tabled the offer a day earlier so it could have been done.
Be prepared for hostility towards your post. People want to pretend we didn't make such a huge stuff up here so will shout down anyone who raises it.

I think this will become one of the great urban myths of GFC.

Good to see the 'Johnson for two top ten picks in the 2014 draft' argument is still getting a mention.
It has done well to become a cornerstone Same Old Argument.

Lol very next post. How is it an urban myth? All parties involved have admitted it.

They have done no such thing. Johnson himself said on radio that it was just an enquiry by GWS to Geelong, suggesting that they could deal EITHER of their 2 picks if Johnson was interested. They got in contact with Johnson and he wasnt interested. Fairly simple really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back