Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread's funny.

Honestly have no idea how long this trade is going to take as both club's seem pretty intent on what they want.

Benny Gale indicated at the Jack Dyer medal that Yarran may be played as a small forward if he comes across. Something Richmond has been looking for. I know he's played well there in the past for Carlton. Any Blues supporters know if being played in the backline had anything to do with him wanting to leave Carlton? Do you think playing in the forward line will increase his motivation, etc?

Where do Blues supporters think he contributes most?

If the Hawks want him they will get him. Any player with their head screwed on straight (admittedly not a known characteristic of Yarran) would rather play for the Hawks than the Tigers given the choice, and the Hawks are a generous team at the trade table and will probably give up pick 18 with a minimum of fuss.

That said I'm not sure they want him that badly.

Benny Gale indicated at the Jack Dyer medal that Yarran may be played as a small forward if he comes across. Something Richmond has been looking for. I know he's played well there in the past for Carlton. Any Blues supporters know if being played in the backline had anything to do with him wanting to leave Carlton? Do you think playing in the forward line will increase his motivation, etc?

Watch the last game ever at Football Park between Port Adelaide and Carlton.
As you will, well know Carlton in Elimination Final were down against Richmond by 5 or 6 goals and came back to eliminate Richmond at the G. The week before Carlton were also down 5 or 6 goals and not looking like getting to the Elimination Final. Yarran was one of the few Carlton players that played a decent first half. In second half more came onboard and with Yarran carry and run from the wing Carlton made sure the last ever AFL game at Football Park was won by Blues just as their first was against Crows there. Actually a good game to watch in general. Walker and Yarran ran Port off their legs. Goal by Eddie Betts against Port was of his gems on the day. An ideal way to finish off Football Park history as a ground for AFL.

I thought the game showed Yarran best spot was wing. Means he can kick goals and also provide carry and run from back half too. He still needs to work on a bigger tank there. He may be quick but also runs out of puff which makes him not as consistent as you would hope with some of his elite skills.

My gut feel is he will end up at Hawks or North.
Eagles with his mate Nick Nat would be ideal fit too.
If no deal suits Carlton I suspect they will keep him.
You just never know someone like Bolton could turn him around and re-fresh his career but I think when the trade period comes around a deal that suits Carlton and Yarran will be found.

Wasn't there a spotlight on Yarran towards the end of the season showing poor effort and body language during games? Or am I mixing him up with someone else?

If that was him who im thinking about, then wouldn't want him at the Hawks. Sure he is a good player but you want the players who will play their heart out regardless of circumstances. When the going gets tough you want those ready to take it another level and not those looking for an excuse to give up...

If that wasn't him then he would be a good get for the hawks to fill some of the roles vacated by retirees over the next couple years.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/no-rabbits-in-hawks-trade-hat-20151007-gk3med.html

He wont be a hawk.

I love this thread. All along, you have blue supporters forcing there opinion that pick 12 is Yarrans value, swearing black and blue thats the case and how dare the tiger throng deem that not to be the case. As soon as Ralph Clarke reports a rumor, they jump in, treating it as fact and now pick 18 is A OK lol. Also some how North are now in the frame according to some...my god i must try the veal as this is comedy gold.

Yarran will be a tiger - bookmark it. It wont be pick for pick 12 or a swap for yarran. it may be a pick in the 20's if we can trade Astbury to the lions along with our second rounder and third rounder for there second round and third round picks. Or it may be our pick 12 plus our second rounder 31 for Yarran and there second rounder in return.

Is and always has been a HFF.

Just one of the many we've tried to turn into something else over the years.

It's hilarious how desperate Tigers posters are to undersell Yarran's worth/value/abilities on the one hand; & how badly they are chasing him & would like to procure/acquire his services on the other.:thumbsu:

Bespeaks of both desperation & a projected illusory wish fulfillment....Kinda like their past 3 finals series in a way....Looking for a steal, but fooling no one in their fumbling attempts to do so.

Meanwhile back on planet earth: Hawks-"What do you want for Yarran'?....Blues-'First rounder'!....Hawks-'Done'!....Here's pick 18 & we'll give you a player for your troubles/loss. Gus Litherland is looking for regular senior footy.;)

Nek Minit

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/no-rabbits-in-hawks-trade-hat-20151007-gk3med.html

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch the last game ever at Football Park between Port Adelaide and Carlton.
As you will, well know Carlton in Elimination Final were down against Richmond by 5 or 6 goals and came back to eliminate Richmond at the G. The week before Carlton were also down 5 or 6 goals and not looking like getting to the Elimination Final. Yarran was one of the few Carlton players that played a decent first half. In second half more came onboard and with Yarran carry and run from the wing Carlton made sure the last ever AFL game at Football Park was won by Blues just as their first was against Crows there. Actually a good game to watch in general. Walker and Yarran ran Port off their legs. Goal by Eddie Betts against Port was of his gems on the day. An ideal way to finish off Football Park history as a ground for AFL.

I thought the game showed Yarran best spot was wing. Means he can kick goals and also provide carry and run from back half too. He still needs to work on a bigger tank there. He may be quick but also runs out of puff which makes him not as consistent as you would hope with some of his elite skills.

My gut feel is he will end up at Hawks or North.
Eagles with his mate Nick Nat would be ideal fit too.
If no deal suits Carlton I suspect they will keep him.
You just never know someone like Bolton could turn him around and re-fresh his career but I think when the trade period comes around a deal that suits Carlton and Yarran will be found.

Yeah thanks for that. The 2013 elim final was one of the games I was thinking of. Have no idea where he'll end up but hope it will involve him going forward and tearing it up.

He wont be a hawk.

I love this thread. All along, you have blue supporters forcing there opinion that pick 12 is Yarrans value, swearing black and blue thats the case and how dare the tiger throng deem that not to be the case. As soon as Ralph Clarke reports a rumor, they jump in, treating it as fact and now pick 18 is A OK lol. Also some how North are now in the frame according to some...my god i must try the veal as this is comedy gold.

Yarran will be a tiger - bookmark it. It wont be pick for pick 12 or a swap for yarran. it may be a pick in the 20's if we can trade Astbury to the lions along with our second rounder and third rounder for there second round and third round picks. Or it may be our pick 12 plus our second rounder 31 for Yarran and there second rounder in return.
Yeah because no one has ever said one thing to the media and done another.. how bout we dont act like we know whats going to happen like a hero and just wait and see what happens.

Yeah because no one has ever said one thing to the media and done another.. how bout we dont act like we know whats going to happen like a hero and just wait and see what happens.

What ? Blue supporters latch on Ralphs article as its fact and thats OK. I show a counter view and Im a hero ?

Cut through the bullshit and tiger hate and there are 2 facts.

1. Yarran is contracted to the blues but has walked away from the club

2. he has nominated Richmond as the club he yearns to play for.

Everything else is smoke

What ? Blue supporters latch on Ralphs article as its fact and thats OK. I show a counter view and Im a hero ?

Cut through the bullshit and tiger hate and there are 2 facts.

1. Yarran is contracted to the blues but has walked away from the club

2. he has nominated Richmond as the club he yearns to play for.

Everything else is smoke
Yeh ok mate...

Flog.

Fact 4
Who cares what he "yearns" for he is contracted so if someone offers better than what richmond dish out he will get shipped off there. I dont know what he is worth and i dont know who is keen, we will find out in due time. Not going to get on here and tell everyone whats going to happen like some people do , when truth is until it happens no one knows.

I think we have inquired about him, as a back up if Suckling decides to leave. He would a be a perfect replacement for Suckling.

However I think they would probably rather keep Suckling and Pick 18, if they had the option.

Is and always has been a HFF.

Just one of the many we've tried to turn into something else over the years.

That's what I thought. Richmond also has a long track record of trying to turn players into something else. I'm keen to have Yarran at Richmond if they play him forward. I think part of Hawthorn's sustained success is because they seem to identify the position they want filled and then recruit the best available to play there. Not the other way around. Hopefully if he ends up at the Tiges they play him where he can really show his skills and class. He has proven x-factor. Just needs a coach willing to trust him with enough freedom to use it. I'm not 100% convinced DH is the coach to do that. At this stage though I guess working out a trade has to be sorted out first.

If the Hawks want him they will get him. Any player with their head screwed on straight (admittedly not a known characteristic of Yarran) would rather play for the Hawks than the Tigers given the choice, and the Hawks are a generous team at the trade table and will probably give up pick 18 with a minimum of fuss.

That said I'm not sure they want him that badly.
Would they? What if we offer more money or a longer deal? Or a preferred role?
Players don't always chase success these days, there are many who chase job security, money, lengthier contracts, a better environment, preferred role in a team etc. Just because the Hawks are better than us right now doesn't mean Yarran would prefer them because of that.

I think we have inquired about him, as a back up if Suckling decides to leave. He would a be a perfect replacement for Suckling.

However I think they would probably rather keep Suckling and Pick 18, if they had the option.
It was reported yesterday that we had taken our latest offer to Suckling off the table, but have upped our offer to re-sign Shoey
Who knows tbh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back