News New Jumpers for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

From .Bomber Shop HQ
'The range will be similar to this year's styles, as we are keeping the same sponsors, however there will be slight changes.'

Looks like red clash here we come.

I asked them this
Will there be a new red clash jumper? My kids favourite colour.

They've tried typing three times but have bailed out.

From .Bomber Shop HQ
'The range will be similar to this year's styles, as we are keeping the same sponsors, however there will be slight changes.'

Looks like red clash here we come.

I asked them this
Will there be a new red clash jumper? My kids favourite colour.

They've tried typing three times but have bailed out.
You made up small children? That's sick!

Dare would have to be one of the worst sponsors on apparal. I mean, if you buy club polos and the like, you get what you deserve, but Dare just makes it even worse.
The green CGU on the back of Collingwood's home jumper would be up there for mine, with National Storage trailing not too far behind.

It's not that bad at all. Pretty sure they're keen on upping their link to St Kilda the suburb, and it's a part of their song, and it's got that all-inclusive vibe to it. I also like those open ended slogans because you can apply them to a few things on social media: How I want to be... don't take that photo! How I want to be not on fire! How Zac Dawson wants to be... with Nick Riewoldt. How I want to... see Leigh Montagna exposed for the soft outside seagull rat whose own teammates don't like him exposed.
Not to mention, it's from their song. "Oh how I want to be, with St Kilda..."

Dare would have to be one of the worst sponsors on apparal. I mean, if you buy club polos and the like, you get what you deserve, but Dare just makes it even worse.

The green CGU on the back of Collingwood's home jumper would be up there for mine, with National Storage trailing not too far behind.

The main sponsors logos for Adelaide, Geelong, and North (Toyota, Ford, and Mazda respectively) look great on their jumpers, as they don't have any garish backgrounds. They blend in really well. That three of those companies have been their sponsors for years must help in designing a logo that fits well with the jumper. Richmond with Jeep and Gold Coast with Fiat also look good

Carlton and Collingwood (to an extent) too :p

The solution? Get a car sponsor (expect Renault, they should work something out where their logo isn't just splotched over Port's V. It's too messy with their logo, Port's logo, the AFL logo, ISC and the only busy part all in close proximity)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Renault really need to go back to their 2013 logo on the back of Port guernsey, I thought we were onto a winner because it fitted in so well. The big yellow block looks terrible.
I posted this on the Port board:

I've noticed Reno has ditched a large portion of Yellow in their logo:
images

I'm expecting/hoping they'll ditch the yellow box on the back of our home guernseys and go back to the delicious 2013 design
images

I wish they'd keep the AFL logo simple. A gold fill w/ 'Premiers 2015' would be fine next year. The 'Back to Back' nonsense this year was OTT.

Disagree. If you earn the right then you should be able to show it off a little for the next season.

Ffs it's such a small line of text, how you've come to the conclusion that it's OTT is beyond me.

Anyway guys, last night I had a dream and think it may have been a window into the future and I was given the gift of passing on inside knowledge here so I'll post what I think I know and we can go along this off season and click each one.

• Carlton to sign with Star Athletic
  • West Coast to be after a new sponsor after SGIO departs
  • West Coast to announce the return of the Wings, but keep the Tri-Panel to go with it
  • West Coast to have a new logo, it looked good

Anyway guys, last night I had a dream and think it may have been a window into the future and I was given the gift of passing on inside knowledge here so I'll post what I think I know and we can go along this off season and click each one.

• West Coast to announce the return of the Wings, but keep the Tri-Panel to go with it
As in pre-season jumper, or a training jumper or something?

Just got told we should be able to see a sneak peak of the full hoops home jumper and new white hoop clash jumper in next week or so.

Home and white jumper should be available first week of November, Yellow alternate a couple of months later in January.
are blk getting a new collar for 2016 ? it seems rugby gets one every 2 years

Of all the things to dream about...your subconscious came up with this? o_O

Surely this is some senility talking? You bring those size restrictions in so there aren't massive sponsors logos, not to constrict a club emblem. I mean, if St Kilda can wear this
img_1069.jpg

...or this...
331603-nab-cup.jpg

Why can't they have the same massive logo anywhere else? What difference does it make? So long as they aren't the Dare Iced Coffee St Kilda Saints then surely size doesn't matter?

I'm *assuming* there may be slightly different parameters if it's in the middle of the jumper (I say that because of Gold Coast's jumpers and to a lesser extent the Eagles' tri-panel and Carlton), but also those above examples are pre-season jumpers, which might explain why Richmond have been allowed to have their logo Tiger floating around their jumper for a few seasons now.

There seems to be almost two allowances - a large logo in the middle of the jumper, or the "small" club logo in full either above or below the front sponsor's logo (St Kilda, Port Adelaide, Melbourne, Hawthorn, etc. either currently or in the past). Because the old-style St Kilda cross would vaguely fall under that - again, I'm assuming - it would breach those guidelines due to its size.

...but then there's GWS.

Maybe Mero knows something?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back