What Fox Footy should do for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

ABC Grandstand have plenty of good commentators, including Adam White, Matt Clinch (sp?) and Dan Lonergan. GW would be a good addition to Fox Footy whilst retaining duties at Grandstand.
Matt Clinch is based in Adelaide (even though he's from Melbourne), and Dan Lonergan was made redundant last year in the aftermath of the ABC budget cuts.

GW's the headliner. People from Melbourne who choose to listen to ABC choose it for a reason, and Whateley upholds those reasons (clarity, vivd descriptions, straight down the line calling etc. all the qualities ABC's calls are known for)

He does Friday night and Saturday afternoon, as well as hosting the ABC's weekly footy talk show before the Sat arvo game (Saturday Agenda).

Sunday morning he spends on television at the ABC doing Offsiders, which I'm sure he prepares for the Saturday night before. There's hardly time for travelling if he does TV as well.

He is arguably the hardest worker in the footy media industry right now, plus has a young family to look after. Adding TV calling to his schedule would burn the poor man out in a few months.

Along the same lines as get rid of King from every show, get rid of Dunstall from every other show. So sick of looking at his big fat head on every program and listening to him be over the top shouty about everything even when he's just talking normally. He barely fits on a couch as it is and looks like he swallowed half a dozen basketballs.

Show a replay of the VFL/SANFL/WAFL Match of the Round ie Tuesday 9:00pm.

This is a really good idea too. :thumbsu:

There is so much foxfooty needs to upgrade.
1. Keep playing AFL 360 and afl radio during the trade season
2. Draft lead up shows and wrap up shows
3. Bring back AFL Insider but not have a round table so we are not looking at the back of their heads
4. Have a live feed into SEN's in the every morning (like mike and mike on ESPN)
5. Bring back grumpy old men
6. On Saturday morning put on a show like auskicking around.
7. Play a live TAC cup game on Sunday morning
8. Play all the under 18 championship games live
9. Commentators to call games like they would on radio
10. A proper pre game and post game shows during Saturday and Sunday football.
11. No more mockunentaries
12. Half the callers need to change
13. Bring back the super coach show for f*** sake
14. Play more classic games during week days,

They need a live audience with one of their shows. Monday Night with Matty Johns on FS1 is hilarious, and Fox Footy would really benefit from emulating that style of show.

Get rid of League Teams - ******* terrible.

Sack Roo and Maclure - useless campaigners.

Pay Jon Ralph on commission. Paid for every time he isn't pulling that stupid ******* smirk, then spend money saved on promoting Huddo as their flagship game caller.

Replace Robbo with Dunstall.

They need to take football seriously.
the whole ******* industry does - stop making it sound like its a couple of blokes from the pub talking about the game. we do not want that

Post match call ins! Like what they used to do on White line fever.

More classic games

Vfl, wafl sanfl and u18 games. I know that'd be asking too much.

I reckon it would be really cool if they threw the keys to Adam McNicol or Gerard Daffy to do a 30 minute feature each week on grass roots footy. An expanded version of that Grass Boots column they run in the big paper. Different team and league each week. Not so much highlights but more focus on the clubs and characters. There are great stories down at the local level and some of us love footy, not just AFL.

I'd also support any other show that isn't just providing jobs for the good ole boys network.

There is so much foxfooty needs to upgrade.
1. Keep playing AFL 360 and afl radio during the trade season
2. Draft lead up shows and wrap up shows
3. Bring back AFL Insider but not have a round table so we are not looking at the back of their heads
4. Have a live feed into SEN's in the every morning (like mike and mike on ESPN)
5. Bring back grumpy old men
6. On Saturday morning put on a show like auskicking around.
7. Play a live TAC cup game on Sunday morning
8. Play all the under 18 championship games live
9. Commentators to call games like they would on radio
10. A proper pre game and post game shows during Saturday and Sunday football.
11. No more mockunentaries
12. Half the callers need to change
13. Bring back the super coach show for f*** sake
14. Play more classic games during week days,

All great ideas.

Have bolded the ones that I particularly think are terrific thoughts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it would be really cool if they threw the keys to Adam McNicol or Gerard Daffy to do a 30 minute feature each week on grass roots footy. An expanded version of that Grass Boots column they run in the big paper. Different team and league each week. Not so much highlights but more focus on the clubs and characters. There are great stories down at the local level and some of us love footy, not just AFL.

I'd also support any other show that isn't just providing jobs for the good ole boys network.

like this one, a half hour show about a country league, show different characters / local legends.

When they take a feed of a channel 7 game, keep the volume low, like really low, and have their own commentators and crowd effects noise coming thru... Bingo, no more BT, Darce, rompingwins, basil, den or bruth..

id go one further (which cant happen due to tv rights et al).....get broadcast rights for the grand final and have their own commentators instead of poo 7.

foxsports did it for nrl GF, complete with own graphics etc

- Stop putting David King on EVERY show

if he MUST be on, everytime he mentions a complex stat to demonstrate how to win a game, the words "SCORE MORE THAN THE OPPOSITION" appears on the screen and mutes what he says

AFLQANDA - It'd work well with either Whateley or Hudson moderating.

Gogglebox AFL style - I know most think it's garbage (which it is), but it'd rate its socks off if done right.

Australian Story AFL style - Actual in-depth biographies of current and former people in our game.

Fox have the money, they have the resources, they have the staff who want to do this type of stuff, and most importantly, they have the audience.

Fox have the money, they have the resources, they have the staff who want to do this type of stuff, and most importantly, they have the audience.
But instead they'll just have Dermott masturbating over himself multiple times per week, with David King sitting in the corner giving a statistical analysis of how many motions per minute it takes to climax.

if he MUST be on, everytime he mentions a complex stat to demonstrate how to win a game, the words "SCORE MORE THAN THE OPPOSITION" appears on the screen and mutes what he says
Quick question: what do you think are the point of statistics?

fantasy sports

i know you are a fan of footy statistics, we have had this discussion before.
I'm not even necessarily talking about footy statistics, I'm talking about numerical measures about anything.

Don't you think that measuring things may sometimes add to your understanding and insight of that activity?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back