BigAnt Studios to develop AFL Live 3 - Petition

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this is an issue regarding inappropriate images, although for Bradman on PC you can mod it.

I like my sports games on console unfortunately. BigAntStudios is that the case re custom logos? If so I understand I guess, but it's a shame. It's a limitation on an otherwise 10/10 creation suite.

It is as we currently don't have enough sway to get it through submission with Sony/MS.

I believe this will change for out next title :)

It is as we currently don't have enough sway to get it through submission with Sony/MS.

I believe this will change for out next title :)

Something similar to the one in the WWE 2K15 would be good. That import tool worked really well.

Rugby League Live 3 is really a good game, especially on PC.
I would say easily the best Rugby game ever made, out of both codes, and probably the best niche sport game ever made.
Definitely buy it if you want to support Big Ant and hopefully sway Tru Blu to siding with them more often (i.e. AFL Live 4?).

I would say easily the best Rugby game ever made, out of both codes, and probably the best niche sport game ever made.
Definitely buy it if you want to support Big Ant and hopefully sway Tru Blu to siding with them more often (i.e. AFL Live 4?).

Already have bought it...
Twice!!
PC and PS3

Big Ant Studios' Rugby League Live 3 has Be A Pro mode!?!?!

Would absolutely 100% give my lefty for a Be A Pro mode in a Big Ant Studios made AFL Live 3 game!!! :mad:

It'd be fun but wouldn't work as well as other sports given how big the field is and how many players are out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Wicked Witch are making the next game..

Problems I had with AFL Live 2 were kicking for goal with set shot was rediculously clunky for me.

Also I don't think it was possible to take an overhead contested Mark. Players simply jump up on the spot and take a weird looking chest mark...

I had some serious issues with the gameplay. It felt very clunky and out of tune and a bit one dimensional. Not enough variations of marks and not enough variations of goal kicking technique. An example being I can't stop and run to the sidelines and kick a miraculous goal on the angle. You can't seem to maneuver variations of the one skill so much with AFL Live 2..

At least AFL Live 1 had very smooth and more challenging variations of gameplay which gives it good replay value.

Last edited:
When is the afl license up for grabs next?

Wicked Witch will make the 3rd edition, which I imagine will come out in 2016. I can't see any company making a licensed AFL game before 2017.

I don't think WW has a monopoly on the licence. Take the NBA for example. NBA 2k16 and NBA Live 16 both have the official licence. In fact, you could say that NBA Live 16 has "more" of a licence as they have the ESPN licence as well, but over 2k16 is a significantly better game.

Also EA Sports was taken to court over their monopoly of the NFL licence.

So, to summarise, I don't think that a second AFL licence is completely unobtainable but it'd be a question of finding a publisher willing to make a game that will sell only to a tiny market, competing against another licence game (no matter how s**t it is).

Also BA has deals with the published Tru Blu for rugby league and cricket. As pissed as they may be for Tru Blu making the (awful) decision to use WW to make AFL Live 2 and 3, they can't risk their other two sports games for the sake of one.

It could do that, or it could tell Tru Blu that there's a bigger market for RL games, so they should stick with BA for development of that series and shaft AFL game development on WW because no one buys those games.

But RLL3 looks very good, and it's very disappointing to think that AFL Live could have followed a similar development trajectory. Certainly, that seemed to be what Ross outlined before producing AFL Live 1. Too bad I'm not a rugby fan.

But RLL3 looks very good, and it's very disappointing to think that AFL Live could have followed a similar development trajectory. Certainly, that seemed to be what Ross outlined before producing AFL Live 1. Too bad I'm not a rugby fan.

Me neither, but i'm still having a lot of fun with RLL3!

It's a huge shame about AFL Live. While it's a niche market, there is absolutely a market for an AFL game, but releasing AFL Live 2, which was garbage, has really hurt the brand, and you've now got idiots saying things like "Oh man these recent games are nowhere near as good as AFL 2003", which is objectively false, but when that sort of stuff is spreading around, it's horrible for marketing.

They should have stuck with Big Ant instead of blowing away all their earned credits by releasing a glorified iPad game

I'm guessing that AFL games don't sell all that well outside of Victoria...

Considering that, I guess we're lucky that we got AFL Live 1 and 2 on a console release at all to begin with...

We're probably also lucky that we got AFL 98 by EA Sports in the first place..

maybe WW can do enough over time to fine tune their gameplay to something a bit more varied and with smoother gameplay.

Think about how cool it is that a game that has its teams located mostly in one state of one country has had two PS3/Xbox releases in 5 years..it's rediculous from an outsiders perspective, but us fans are happy.

I would say the AFL are silly for not investing more into a game, because AFL probably needs the marketing of the game. But the actual market is mostly Victoria.

Rugby and Cricket however have much bigger markets..

Last edited:
It could do that, or it could tell Tru Blu that there's a bigger market for RL games, so they should stick with BA for development of that series and shaft AFL game development on WW because no one buys those games.

That is a fair point.
I suppose a better way to influence Tru Blu would be having all the remaining AFL Live 1 PC (still some available from The Gamesmen's website) copies bought up, with no-one touching AFL Live 2.

I belive Ross said he planned to have at least 5 iterations of both the ALF and NRL live series. On track for one but not the other :|
Yep he did http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/games/blog/screenplay/a-tale-of-two-codes-20100707-100jj

Remove this Banner Ad

Back