Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched San Andreas last night with the missus. Oh man that was a dumb movie. The last 3 movies I have watched are:
The Human Centipede 3
Entourage
San Andreas

3 super dumb crap movies. Says alot about me really. Have chappy ill give that a watch later on today

Watched San Andreas last night with the missus. Oh man that was a dumb movie. The last 3 movies I have watched are:
The Human Centipede 3
Entourage
San Andreas

3 super dumb crap movies. Says alot about me really. Have chappy ill give that a watch later on today
San Andreas is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Lets face it the Rock is a crap actor. His movies are a joke and he comes across as fake in every movie. Every movie his in it has the over the top love myself I'm the Rock feel to them. Probably be the last Rock movie I'll ever see.

Last edited:

San Andreas is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Lets face it the Rock is a crap actor. His movies are a joke and he comes across as fake in every movie. Every movie his in its has the over the top love myself I'm the Rock feel to them. Probably be the last Rock movie I'll ever see.
The city was destroyed and there were no bodies floating around. Should have been like titanic

Watched quite a few films lately so here goes...

Mississippi Grind

Solid performances from the two leads (Ben Mendelsohn & Ryan Reynolds)
A down on his luck poker player meets a charismatic young traveler.
This film highlights the loneliness & despair that problem gambling can bring.

3.5/5

---
Fury

Much better than i was expecting, worth it for the final action sequence alone.
Solid performances from all involved, particularly Brad Pitt.

4/5

---

Whiplash

Wow just wow...
Loved it, performance of the teacher was excellent.
The music throughout the film was also great.

4.5/5

---

The Visit

Enjoyed it, the film steadily built tension throughout and had a satisfying yet surprising conclusion.

3.5/5

---

Respire (Breathe) - French

This film is excellent, one of the best of the year IMO.
Took my breath away, excuse the pun

4.5/5

---

Goodnight Mommy - Austrian

Creepy film but the plot twist is kinda obvious early on.
Still good ending and i liked the cinematography throughout.

3/5

---

The Grandmaster - Korean

Director Wong Kar-Wai's kung fu epic about the life of Martial Artist IP Man.
Beautifully presented and the fight scenes are some of the best i've seen.
Might need to watch it again though as it's pretty wordy.

3.5/5

---

Everest

Thrilling film, well acted and beautifully shot.
Very enjoyable.

4/5

---

The Purge: Anarchy

Pretty much on par with the first film, enjoyed it.
Acting was ok but nothing special

3/5

---

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones

Does a few nice things but ultimately descends into silliness and the ending was dumb.

2.5/5

---

The Martian

Great performance from Matt Damon, well directed.
Really captures the loneliness one would feel being alone on Mars.
Funny as well.

4/5

Sicario.

Good action thriller movie for those who demand a bit more than extended fights and sprays of bullets.

Agree that Blunt's.character seems a bit misplaced, almost an observer rather than protagonist, but in a way that is kind of the point the movie might be trying to make. Still it leaves that affect of the plot a little contrived.

Occasional use of bullshit jargon and acronyms to try and sound cool left me confused. That s**t never impressed me, it pisses me off.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

3.5 stars

Last edited:
Every other review I've seen of that movie says it's the same as countless boxing movies.
well I'm no boxing movie expert because I haven't seen many so guess I wasn't effected by others. Sport movies are not something that really interest me when I select movies but I sat down with this movie and loved it. Like the fox catcher with Steve Carell, this is about the story of the character, not the sport as such.

A mans struggles through life. The loss of his wife. His relationship with his daughter. It's a pretty emotional and heartbreaking movie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Black Mass

Reminded me a bit of Donnie Brasco and I hated Donnie Brasco. Am hoping for a director's cut because it felt like this was butchered in the editing room.

My wife and I have to wait to watch certain movies we both want to see (and are in the mood to watch) so I Finally watched...
Gone girl

Started well and had me trying to predict all the twists and turns. I was able to look past all the ridiculous unrealistic happenings because it was suspenseful enough to allow me to brush them aside.

Until the last half an hour or so, where it became overly ridiculous and I was no longer intrigued and couldn't get passed the gaping holes in reality. I actually turned to my wife at one stage and just said "right this movie has lost me"

5/10.
Not horrible because the first 3/4 of the movie is reasonably interesting. But oh so far from great.

Due to a sleep disorder;) I've re-watched all the Star Wars movies over the last few weeks, in order 1 to 6 for the first time, was a bit sussed if I could really get into them again after so long but gradually they sucked me in, although found the old ones are much more enjoyable than Menace, Clones & Sith. Good viewing fun as a whole.

Midnight Run

Brilliant. Is this film well known? I came across it by chance but loved it, the chemistry between Deniro and Grodin is as good as it gets.
Excellent excellent movie :thumbsu: Sadly hidden away in a completely dross decade of film that still has some under appreciated gems.

Lego Movie

Everything was awesome. Loved the voices, loved the action scenes. Family friendly fun and brilliant visuals. Story could probably have been a little more polished but it's hard to fault and leaves you feeling great.

4/5 stars.

Entourage

Already posted my thoughts in the movie thread but really enjoyed it and was great to see all the stars popping in.

4/5 stars.

Just got myself a new computer monitor. IPS cinema screen, colours are excellent so I'm going on a bit of a movie binge catching up on all the recent blockbusters I haven't quite gotten around to yet.

Mad Max and Jurassic World coming up soon.

There Will Be Blood -Daniel Day Lewis just sublime stuff! Like it as much as when I saw it at the cinema back in the day 9/10

Midnight Cowboy - Must have been an out there movie for its time. Second or third time viewing it really good film. 8/10

Sid and Nancy - Didn't enjoy the film as much as I did the performances. Gary Oldman is pretty great. 6/10

My wife and I have to wait to watch certain movies we both want to see (and are in the mood to watch) so I Finally watched...
Gone girl

Started well and had me trying to predict all the twists and turns. I was able to look past all the ridiculous unrealistic happenings because it was suspenseful enough to allow me to brush them aside.

Until the last half an hour or so, where it became overly ridiculous and I was no longer intrigued and couldn't get passed the gaping holes in reality. I actually turned to my wife at one stage and just said "right this movie has lost me"

5/10.
Not horrible because the first 3/4 of the movie is reasonably interesting. But oh so far from great.
One of my Friends recommended it on Facebook ...I watched it and found it to be complete and utter garbage .

The Walk

Best use of 3D so far this year but this isn't saying much. I was anticipating receiving a deep sense of vertigo, and while I sort of did, I don't think it was because of the 3D. The recreation of the highwire walk is some terrific cinema though. I don't believe I have never been so nervous watching a movie, and that's under the knowledge the dude lives. ******* hell he was insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back