List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blues to make Giant play

Carlton will conduct more medical tests on Greater Western Sydney midfielder Liam Sumner – one of several Giants the Blues are interested in.

Sumer, 21, the No.10 pick in the 2011 NAB AFL Draft, has played just 12 games in four seasons with the Giants, and none this year after suffering wrist and foot injuries.

The Herald Sun reports the Blues are considering offering a high draft pick in exchange for opportunity-starved Giants like defender Lachie Plowman, ruckman Andrew Phillips and possibly Jed Lamb to help regenerate their list.

Aish reaches decision time

Brisbane Lions midfielder James Aish is expected to decide his future by Friday.

Aish’s manager Liam Pickering told the Herald Sun he would meet the Lions talent acquisition and retention manager Peter Schwab on Thursday ahead of a likely decision from Aish on Friday.

Aish, who will turn 20 next month, is believed to be keen to join Collingwood, but those plans have been seemingly scuttled by a decree from Lions football director Leigh Matthews, who has declared the Lions won't trade Aish, insisting he could either remain at the club or take his chances in the draft.

"I will have a discussion with Peter (Schwab) tomorrow and we should be clearer on things by the end of the week," Pickering told the Herald Sun.

Schwab told NAB AFL Trade Radio on Wednesday that he expected a decision from the talented out-of-contract midfielder in coming days.

"He hasn't indicated one way or the other but he'll have to do that soon, of course, because trading is starting next Monday," Schwab said.

"We're hopeful that he wants to stay and the longer it's taken, the more confident we've been that that might be the case."

Maher said the blues have told Treloar what they'd be willing to pay him if the Collingwood deal fell over and they could get him PSD. They've been told that he BFCAAK and would accept that.
All the news really does is screw GWS over a bit more really...
That would be ideal. Carlton are s**t and will be s**t regardless of who they bring in. It also weakens GWS if they get nothing out of it.

Aish reaches decision time

Brisbane Lions midfielder James Aish is expected to decide his future by Friday.

Aish’s manager Liam Pickering told the Herald Sun he would meet the Lions talent acquisition and retention manager Peter Schwab on Thursday ahead of a likely decision from Aish on Friday.

Aish, who will turn 20 next month, is believed to be keen to join Collingwood, but those plans have been seemingly scuttled by a decree from Lions football director Leigh Matthews, who has declared the Lions won't trade Aish, insisting he could either remain at the club or take his chances in the draft.

"I will have a discussion with Peter (Schwab) tomorrow and we should be clearer on things by the end of the week," Pickering told the Herald Sun.

Schwab told NAB AFL Trade Radio on Wednesday that he expected a decision from the talented out-of-contract midfielder in coming days.

"He hasn't indicated one way or the other but he'll have to do that soon, of course, because trading is starting next Monday," Schwab said.

"We're hopeful that he wants to stay and the longer it's taken, the more confident we've been that that might be the case."
Why am I not surprised? Is he ever involved in an easy deal?

Ran into an old mate yesterday. Connections to the Currie family. Apparently he has been offered a 2 year deal by a north of Victoria club where he will be able to work on his tan (Hot Currie?). NMFC yet to put a contract in front of him but the feeling is it may be only a one year offer. So Crusher may be gone.

Leaving only Daw (not yet contracted and potential jailbird) and Project Preuss as our back ups to Goldy.

If it happened I guess it may well be thru the Pre-Season draft as Crusher is uncontracted? Or a late pick.

Carlton commentator says Carlton are going to get Treloar, on the same radio station that had a Richmond commentator swear black and blue he was going to Richmond, 2 days before he announced he was nominating Collingwood.

Excuse me if I take this story with an extra creamy dollop of bull shite.

Ran into an old mate yesterday. Connections to the Currie family. Apparently he has been offered a 2 year deal by a north of Victoria club where he will be able to work on his tan (Hot Currie?). NMFC yet to put a contract in front of him but the feeling is it may be only a one year offer. So Crusher may be gone.

Leaving only Daw (not yet contracted and potential jailbird) and Project Preuss as our back ups to Goldy.

If it happened I guess it may well be thru the Pre-Season draft as Crusher is uncontracted? Or a late pick.
Fair enough. I wouldn't offer him more than 1. If he can get 2 elsewhere go for it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Carlton commentator says Carlton are going to get Treloar, on the same radio station that had a Richmond commentator swear black and blue he was going to Richmond, 2 days before he announced he was nominating Collingwood.

The story was that Carlton would be able to get him through the PSD if Collingwood refuse to blink. GWS want better than Collingwood's first round pick this year and second round pick next year. Carlton are not offering GWS any picks at all.

We might be able to wedge our way into the deal by offering more than Collingwood, e.g. this year's first and second rounders, or this year's and next year's first rounder, and by offering Treloar as much or more money than Collingwood and Carlton.

Is he that good a player that we would try this?

The story was that Carlton would be able to get him through the PSD if Collingwood refuse to blink. GWS want better than Collingwood's first round pick this year and second round pick next year. Carlton are not offering GWS any picks at all.

We might be able to wedge our way into the deal by offering more than Collingwood, e.g. this year's first and second rounders, or this year's and next year's first rounder, and by offering Treloar as much or more money than Collingwood and Carlton.

I definitely think he is. Walks into the preliminary final team, and that is impressive for someone at his age. If he continues improving he could be a force by the time he hits his prime.

I like the way you're thinking Mr R.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all due respect, comparing Andy Maher with the imbisile that is Kevin Bartlett is very harsh

I haven't listened to this trade radio dribble all week and I put it on this morning and all I hear is Nathan Brown spewing hate on the club about how old we are and telling us that we finished 8th this year despite making a prelim.

I like the way you're thinking Mr R.

My biggest problem is I have no idea who Treloar is or whether he's worth going after. If he went past my window out the front of a brass band I wouldn't recognise him.

Over to you and others on here on the merits of Treloar, blackshadow.

There have been a few anxious posts saying that, in the last two years, we knew North's moves well in advance. Just a reminder that dealing with older players who know exactly what they want, and are experienced enough to have the right to move freely, has its perks - our deals with Dal, Higgins and Waite were all executed professionally, without dilly-dallying, with no need to haggle over trading picks or players. We chose who we wanted and made it happen without fuss. Maybe there aren't just aren't opportunities as attractive and simple available this year.

Nathan Brown reckons you guys should go after Matthew Stokes :drunk:
He's getting me extremely frusturated, he was dribbling on about how old we are, and need to look towards the future, and follows that up by saying we should recruit skmeone over 30, does not make sense at all, says we need leg speed but stokes isn't quick. Just a bad comments man.

He's getting me extremely frusturated, he was dribbling on about how old we are, and need to look towards the future, and follows that up by saying we should recruit skmeone over 30, does not make sense at all, says we need leg speed but stokes isn't quick. Just a bad comments man.

Maybe he was being :rolleyes:?

The Dal Santo saga had plenty of problems and stalling.
Not really.

He was in the bag, just the Saints wanted Delaney for nout as a side deal or they would match the contract and force us to trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back