List Mgmt. List planning 2015 and onwards

So Ashcroft has said they will facilitate a move for Gorridge to SA. With WADA hanging over Ryder and Redden gone, is he worth a rookie or basic contract? I know he and his father made some pretty crap comments about the club but as a rookie he would be given an opportunity to show some maturity in the same way we took a punt on the Krak.

Delist. That's about the only facilitation they can manage there.

We should tell Gorringe we will try to facilitate a trade, tell him to hold out, then just not do anything at all.

If Summerton can apologize and captain the magpies after what spewed from his mouth then we can forgive gorringe also

A year ago when he nominated us there was genuine excitement. Now repulsion.

gorringe hasn't shown anything really but the same mindset that goes into recruiting toumpas has to be considered when contemplating a play for gorringe

If he doesn't cost us anything or can be steak knives in the Dixon deal then I can't see why we wouldn't? Big guys develop later, if he essentially swaps list spots with mason shaw then I'm fine with it and see how he goes.

CrystalFissure

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lucha Underground
If Summerton can apologize and captain the magpies after what spewed from his mouth then we can forgive gorringe also

What did Summerton say? Haven't been following the SANFL until recently and I've liked what I've seen from Summerton. Some context would be nice, thanks.

I really like Aish as a player but his off-season has been laughable. I'm not one for drawing conclusions but jeez he must be a ****** of a bloke.

Seems to be dead set leaving Brisbane because they're not as glamorous as Collingwood.

In fairness, Brisbane aren't as glamorous as Racing Kabul.

Feb 12, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Donegal, Arsenal, Rangers
My prediction for the trade period:
  • Pick up Dixon with Pick 10 and next years second rounder.
  • Get Toumpas in a 3 way trade, losing Moore and a late 3rd/early 4th rounder that will be picked up by... (Demons, Pies)
  • Trading Mitchell for said pick. (Some team with a fair few early picks may let go of a late one for some run and midfield depth)
  • Get 2nd round pick for O'Shea (Saints, Sydney, ?)
  • Young to stay for at least the last year of his contract as reliable depth.
  • Lobbe stays, I think both our salary cap and tall timber issues are overblown.
None of this is based on fact, just a possible scenario that I wouldn't mind happening.

Jim Dixon

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2013
Canada
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What did Summerton say? Haven't been following the SANFL until recently and I've liked what I've seen from Summerton. Some context would be nice, thanks.

He had a meltdown over the Magpies in 2013 when it changed into the AFL reserve + top-up list, suggesting it wouldn't be 'port adelaide' and the like. He came around quick enough!

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So Ashcroft has said they will facilitate a move for Gorridge to SA. With WADA hanging over Ryder and Redden gone, is he worth a rookie or basic contract? I know he and his father made some pretty crap comments about the club but as a rookie he would be given an opportunity to show some maturity in the same way we took a punt on the Krak.
He'll probably head to the Crows, surely?

A year ago when he nominated us there was genuine excitement. Now repulsion.

gorringe hasn't shown anything really but the same mindset that goes into recruiting toumpas has to be considered when contemplating a play for gorringe

If he doesn't cost us anything or can be steak knives in the Dixon deal then I can't see why we wouldn't? Big guys develop later, if he essentially swaps list spots with mason shaw then I'm fine with it and see how he goes.

If we were to give up anything ... anything ... extra for Dixon I would expect Gorringe to be thrown in. Otherwise he's just going to be delisted. We've let Redden, Shaw and Harvey go so there is room for developing a ruck/forward at the Magpies and he could be reunited with Bassett which might be what he needs.

He'd be struggling to get a look in at Camryland with Jacobs, Jenkins, Lowden and a couple of basketballers all in his way.

Yeah he had a big dummy spit last year but he put himself out there obviously on a lick and a promise and was let down. It's not like the club was blameless.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
  • Get Toumpas in a 3 way trade, losing Moore and a late 3rd/early 4th rounder that will be picked up by... (Demons, Pies)
  • Trading Mitchell for said pick. (Some team with a fair few early picks may let go of a late one for some run and midfield depth)
  • Lobbe stays, I think both our salary cap and tall timber issues are overblown.
None of this is based on fact, just a possible scenario that I wouldn't mind happening.
I reckon you're going to be very disappointed when no where near that much action happens.

My expectation is
- pick 10 for Dixon and a shuffle of later picks, but no more.
- trade out of Moore or Young in a effort to get Toumpas with maybe some late pick swapping.
- both deals not locked in until the last day or two.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
i think people forget what they were like in their early twenties. We can't expect all footballers to be fine, upstanding, level headed young men like Travis Boak. Young blokes say stupid things that they'll probably regret later on. The difference is that their every move is scrutinized and magnified through mass media. Imagine the dumb things that would've been documented had Twitter existed 20 or 30 years ago.

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

O'Shea is worth more to us than a second round pick. He's certainly much more valuable to keep around than Aaron Young if "reliable depth" is the rationale.

Hong-Kong Phooey

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2011
i have no idea
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United
I wasn't saying I wanted or didn't want him. I have seen bugger all of him so don't know. But just with our delisting and that we were interested last year.

Wasn't it his dad that had a few words to say?

Back