2015 World Superbikes

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia finally has a rider in WSB for the rest of the year! You won't see much of him though. Alex Phillis, son of Robbie "Mr Superbike" Phillis, will replace Santiago Barragan to race a Kawasaki ZX10R for the lowly Grillini team. Hope he can give a good account of himself.

Also in good news, Aiden Wagner will finish out the year with the CIA Insurance Honda team in WSS. It is the sixth different bike he has been on for the year!

In really horrible news, Kenan Sofuoglu's baby son passed away after a battle with illness. RIP little Hamza Sofuoglu. :(

Johnnie Rea easily takes the title, ironically, with his worst round of the year - a pair of fourths. Prior to this he hadn't been off the podium. Tom Sykes and Chaz Davies shared the wins.

Kenan Sofuoglu won the supersport race. Unfortunately his main rival, Jules Cluzel, is done for the year after a crash in practice which busted his leg (tib and fib) and dislocated his shoulder.

Yamaha are returning to WSBK next year, Guintoli and Alex Lowes riding. Reckon Josh Brookes would've been a good choice though, currently leading the British superbike championship on a R1...

Good to see Yamaha back and Alex Lowes is an excellent choice. Continues with the same team (Crescent switching from Suzuki to Yamaha) and he's a very fast young rider who'll finally have competitive equipment. Guintoli is a thoroughly underwhelming choice to me. I know he's the reigning world champ but this year has been the worst title defence I can remember, certainly in World Superbike. His equipment isn't the best but not a single podium for the year is really poor especially when his rookie teammate has three! I'd have loved for Brookes and his Milwaukee team to be rewarded for their development work this year.

Yeah, was gonna make a '16 thread and post that in it. It's a huge change after 25 years of the 2-race Sunday format. I don't much like it and think it will revert to the traditional format midway through the year but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

In other WSB news, Australia will have a second rider in the series with Josh Hook joining the Grillini Kawasaki team. Also, Ant West will be racing at least the Phillip Island round in the Supersport class aboard a Yamaha R6.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back