reg_lower91

Premiership Player
May 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Watsonia F.C.
There is no chance of Carlisle & Treloar falling into the PSD........hilarious stuff.

Don't be so sure. Essendon are notoriously stubborn and will have to settle for pick 23 and nothing more. If they take too long, St.Kilda may pass in order to secure other secondary trade targets. Unlikely, but possible.

Collingwood will need to atrract at least one more first rounder to get both the Aish and Treloar deals done. That one is relying on the outcome of Seedsman and likes' trade result/ value. Brisbane will also enter the race for Seedsman, though, and so that may see the Aish deal get done. Seeds and preferring GCS at this stage.

Whilst I personally expect Brisbane will eventually trade for Aish, there's strong murmurings that they're bluffing and may very let him walk to PSD (dependant on the above). Swanny is desperately trying to address their toxic culture of young guns walking out. Aish will be made an example of (albeit an expensive one). Still, lions see it as very much short term sacrifice for long term gain - if he walks. They're still hopeful he'll re-sign if it comes to that (PSD).

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if we got a steal through the PSD. Most definitely a "watch this space".

RedFury

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Correct me if I'm wrong but even if Carlisle makes it to PSD he can still stipulate contract length/value requirements which would see him drop to st.kilda or any other club willing to pay his ridiculous requirements, which thankfully appears to not be us.

The Flying Doormat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2008
Carrickalinga
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tranmere Rovers
Don't be so sure. Essendon are notoriously stubborn and will have to settle for pick 23 and nothing more. If they take too long, St.Kilda may pass in order to secure other secondary trade targets. Unlikely, but possible.

Collingwood will need to atrract at least one more first rounder to get both the Aish and Treloar deals done. That one is relying on the outcome of Seedsman and likes' trade result/ value. Brisbane will also enter the race for Seedsman, though, and so that may see the Aish deal get done. Seeds and preferring GCS at this stage.

Whilst I personally expect Brisbane will eventually trade for Aish, there's strong murmurings that they're bluffing and may very let him walk to PSD (dependant on the above). Swanny is desperately trying to address their toxic culture of young guns walking out. Aish will be made an example of (albeit an expensive one). Still, lions see it as very much short term sacrifice for long term gain - if he walks. They're still hopeful he'll re-sign if it comes to that (PSD).

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if we got a steal through the PSD. Most definitely a "watch this space".
You've confused me...are Brisbane bluffing or letting Aish go into the PSD?

Would be satisfied if we turn the Hendo trade into this.
I would prefer to use pick 20 for Tomlinson and Lamb, and if we trade Bell to Brisvegas for pick 21, use that for the other 3 (Plowman, Sumner and Phillips).

Or, if we got pick 18 for Yarran from Hawthorn, I would be tempted to use that for Tomlinson and Lamb :)

I would prefer to use pick 20 for Tomlinson and Lamb, and if we trade Bell to Brisvegas for pick 21, use that for the other 3 (Plowman, Sumner and Phillips).

Or, if we got pick 18 for Yarran from Hawthorn, I would be tempted to use that for Tomlinson and Lamb :)
Was thinking more along the lines of getting enough from the Cats that we can get the GWS group rather than a watered down version of Casboult in Walker and a second round consolation pick which some seem to be resigned to accepting as an adequate offer.

If we can then keep any other picks we accept as suitable for our contracted players, we take those to the draft. Personally I would rather see if BB can get the best out of Yarran and Casboult. Would be sad to see Bell go as I think he has more improvement in him and would be handy protection for young team mates.

If we only lose Hendo and gain Tomlinson, Plowman and one or more of the others mentioned, that would be a good outcome.

Oh and trade Warnock if there is an offer made.

SafeAsMilk

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
If we get Walker and a 2nd rounder for Henderson there is going to be tears. May all have to take time out of Bigfooty and reflect on our lives... (for the minority that still have a life).

I'll be pretty disappointed because I don't rate Walker. What I don't get is where all the senior list spots are going to come from if we're doing 2 for 1 and 3 or 4 for 1 deals.

Was thinking more along the lines of getting enough from the Cats that we can get the GWS group rather than a watered down version of Casboult in Walker and a second round consolation pick which some seem to be resigned to accepting as an adequate offer.

If we can then keep any other picks we accept as suitable for our contracted players, we take those to the draft. Personally I would rather see if BB can get the best out of Yarran and Casboult. Would be sad to see Bell go as I think he has more improvement in him and would be handy protection for young team mates.

If we only lose Hendo and gain Tomlinson, Plowman and one or more of the others mentioned, that would be a good outcome.

Oh and trade Warnock if there is an offer made.
If Essendon* fail to get Leuenberger as a free agent, I wouldnt find fault in trading Warnock to the drug cheats for a third round pick. We need something for the F/S picks.

If we get Walker and a 2nd rounder for Henderson there is going to be tears. May all have to take time out of Bigfooty and reflect on our lives... (for the minority that still have a life).
Walker is a 3rd or 4th round level player at best... he was originally taken as a rookie draft pick in 2011 and hasnt come on like he should have. The only thing that he really has going for him is his age. He might come to us and have a breakout year next year and kick 50 goals... but unless there is some other sweetener in that deal, it's going nowhere.

Jul 14, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Walker is a 3rd or 4th round level player at best... he was originally taken as a rookie draft pick in 2011 and hasnt come on like he should have. The only thing that he really has going for him is his age. He might come to us and have a breakout year next year and kick 50 goals... but unless there is some other sweetener in that deal, it's going nowhere.
No chance he'll ever be a 50 goals a year player.

Is downgrade on Casboult and is barely an upgrade on the accidental delistee Watson.

I'll be pretty disappointed because I don't rate Walker. What I don't get is where all the senior list spots are going to come from if we're doing 2 for 1 and 3 or 4 for 1 deals.
We are currently up to 7 guys delisted or retired. Henderson and Yarran want out, which will take us to 9. If things go as expected and we also get rid of Warnock, thats 10. And Bell might ask for a trade as well... so there is 11. And there might be another 1 or 2 rookies who will be culled after the trade period.

Plenty of room for picking up Tomlinson, Lamb, Plowman, Sumner and Phillips at the club along with Weitering, Rice and SSOS and any other draftees along with a PSD pick. Also, I think that Cam Wood has to come off the rookie list this year as well.

I would also prefer to see us use our full allotment of senior slots this year instead of running at a 38/6 setup.

No chance he'll ever be a 50 goals a year player.

Is downgrade on Casboult and is barely an upgrade on the accidental delistee Watson.
Unless the club is going to rookie Watson, we need someone else to carry the goal kicking for the club. Jones can't do it at all.

Walker might barely be an ungrade on Watson, but he is a massive upgrade on Jones... at least Walker can pinch hit in the ruck as well.

But if SOS can do the deal for Tomlinson, that act alone would sound the death knell for any trade involving Walker and the Geebungs would have to come up with something better to get the Henderson deal done.

smashbox gill

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2008
Donnie
AFL Club
Carlton
I think Brisbane will hold firm and force Aish to resign or go into the draft.

They need to make a stand once and for all on their young players leaving for unders.

Sacrificing a pick in the 20's to make a stand and potentially help end this player exodus would be a sacrifice worth taking

SafeAsMilk

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
We are currently up to 7 guys delisted or retired. Henderson and Yarran want out, which will take us to 9. If things go as expected and we also get rid of Warnock, thats 10. And Bell might ask for a trade as well... so there is 11. And there might be another 1 or 2 rookies who will be culled after the trade period.

Plenty of room for picking up Tomlinson, Lamb, Plowman, Sumner and Phillips at the club along with Weitering, Rice and SSOS and any other draftees along with a PSD pick. Also, I think that Cam Wood has to come off the rookie list this year as well.

I would also prefer to see us use our full allotment of senior slots this year instead of running at a 38/6 setup.

Judd - pick 1/Weitering
Carrazzo - pick 20/Plowman etc
Henderson - pick 28 (and Walker*)
Watson - Walker*
Ellard - late pick/SOSOS
Yarran - Tomlinson
Bell - pick 40 (?)/Rice
Giles - Lamb
Warnock - Phillips
List spot 39 - Sumner
List spot 40 - PSD steal?
Johnson - rookie 1
Russell - Korcheck (both cat b rookies? Not sure)

Casboult and Menzel still unknown.

Might be enough spots. There's some room to move in those predictions but I'd still rather not have Walker.

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Correct me if I'm wrong but even if Carlisle makes it to PSD he can still stipulate contract length/value requirements which would see him drop to st.kilda or any other club willing to pay his ridiculous requirements, which thankfully appears to not be us.
I think we'd take him at that price.

A players value is more than just the length of contract and the dollars. It's also what it takes to get him to the club.

To be honest we would probably like him at 750k for 5 years, he's a very good player, we havent got a lot of other players screaming for cash and the salary cap is going up. But 750k for 5 and a high draft pick, that's a little too much to ask. Get him for free though... and then his value is a lot better.

Although its only a man with a very dodgy reputation, Terry Wallace thinks if Lennon leaves Richmond it will be in the PSD, and bot a trade.

Now, if its a choice between Lennon and Aish in the PSD, we take Lennon surely ??
Yep i'd take Lennon in the PSD for sure.

DocSherrin has told me and zeeCFC on twitter that Tomlinson is locked in to come to Carlton anyway along with Plowman and the others.

Passed his medical last week (think it was last week)but I'd hold back on the lock just yet.
Heard it too many times before.

Plowman and Lamb won't be hard to secure and that should happen pretty early but well have to get things right for Tomlinson.

Nathan88

Debutant
Aug 5, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
We havent had a proper general type in the defensive line since SOS retired. Thornton tried to be the general, but usually he just came along as petulant with his shouting at his team mates for things that had already happened. He was never one to shout out and give instructions. Jamison seems to be more of a Thornton type as well... without the abuse.

I feel that Weitering is going to be that general type person guiding his team mates to their targets to defend against the ball coming in. This is what the club needs more than a great mid and forward. Someone to stabilise the defense.
Can we just appoint SOS Weiterings personal coach as well as list manager please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back