List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlisle said that he has had knee tendinitis for the last 4-5 years and that it was quite severe last year. Is that something he'll be able to get over? Rors
After Roo's knee I reckon the club has a pretty good reputation for knees

Tendinopathies are tricky. Especially considering he has had it for years. The plan would be to manage it rather than "get over" it completely.
What St Kilda (A.Wallis) is really(!) good at is groins. The AFL average for missed games due to groins has been steady at ~9 for over a decade but we've been steady at ~1. Just a little fun fact for everyone.

Dont mean to intrude but i think Jake will be a great addition to the saints! Need to play him down back IMO..

Definitely not worth Billings who is a star, and not worth a 5th, i think he is 10-20 though..??

Great pick up though well done... will shore down your defence..

PS. Many tigers wanted him i didnt purely as our back half are well settled its our Mids and forwards that can use some help...

Dont mean to intrude but i think Jake will be a great addition to the saints! Need to play him down back IMO..

Definitely not worth Billings who is a star, and not worth a 5th, i think he is 10-20 though..??

Great pick up though well done... will shore down your defence..

PS. Many tigers wanted him i didnt purely as our back half are well settled its our Mids and forwards that can use some help...
Really..

You didn't need him

Jake v batch or astbury

Seriously

Really..

You didn't need him

Jake v batch or astbury

Seriously

Astbury struggles to get a game, batch is versatile as he plays small and tall, more importantly we were 3rd for defence.....

Im not saying i wouldnt want him but geez we have other needs as opposed to sending our first (12) for Jake...

Astbury struggles to get a game, batch is versatile as he plays small and tall, more importantly we were 3rd for defence.....

Im not saying i wouldnt want him but geez we have other needs as opposed to sending our first (12) for Jake...

What other needs?

Keep hearing that we will make a big push at free agency 2016... There is only one player on that list I'd go hard at and it's Sidebottom so I hope we don't give away all our picks to be able to deal with because if we are relying on free agency next year there's not much there..

Noticed Freeman ran the 6th quickest 20m time ever at the Combine. 2.82 (I think) seriously quick.

Interestingly Jack Watts ran the same time.
Doesnt surprise me after seeing him on a basketball court

Hope Jake and Nathan are happy for us to squeeze their old employers, we're gonna need their help extracting them. So long as they are cool with at least the threat of using the PSD option, we should avoid the optimistic scenarios tabled by the likes of Dorodo and Wallace.

Key to successful negotiation: always be prepared to walk away. We can, pies and dons can't it would be better without the hassle, but a little hassle is better than paying overs.

It just get's better doesn't it!
We've orchestrated our list management & TPP's to put us in an envious position, applying pressure to both the Pies & Dons to accept "our offer". Wise heads will prevail if history is our reference, & pick 5 will see us add another "potential "elite" young player to our list.

The significance of keeping pick 5, enables us to add to the class of our 2013/14 draftees.
Names like Billings, McCartin, Goddard, Lonie, Dunstan, Acres, McKenzie in just two years,
Most would pencil in Billings as "elite" who has already proven his single-handed match winning capability, but there's no certainties with the other half dzn. On the flip side, I'm encouraged to believe all will be major players in our premiership window.

If he has a better run with injuries, Billings is an elite footballer & win's games off his own boot! Richo is on the money, when highlighting somehow adding another Billings to our fast expanding crop of talent. One of Mathieson/Parish/Francis seems locked in to be our selection for pick 5.
Through strategic trading in of the following, Bruce, Longer, Carlisle, Membrey, Weller, Sinclair, Savage, Roberton, Freeman, etc, we've fast tracked our climb back up the ladder.

You can put your hard earned on us making the top eight in 2017, if we once again finish bottom six.
A friendly draw, two more pre-seasons & we're in the frame to rival Port's run in 2014, or the Doggies run this year.The decision making, & the handling of the on & off field re-build has reflected in the performance of the side this year, backed by new sponsors & rising numbers in membership.
It's a re-build that will sustain us in a strong position for many years, & create a new generation of Saints members...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Momentum starts in October, & right now we're sitting on top of the ladder.

Last edited:
Looking for some clarification with the new points system for F/S and Academy picks. Hypothetically if after the trade period with all our deals done we have ended up with lets say picks 5,60 and 78. If Rice nominate us over Carlton but they decide to bid on him with their pick 20 do we have to try and match that picks points value or because our first selection is before that bid and we only have two picks left would we only have to use pick 60?

Looking for some clarification with the new points system for F/S and Academy picks. Hypothetically if after the trade period with all our deals done we have ended up with lets say picks 5,60 and 78. If Rice nominate us over Carlton but they decide to bid on him with their pick 20 do we have to try and match that picks points value or because our first selection is before that bid and we only have two picks left would we only have to use pick 60?

We have to match it with our next available pick/s up to the same points amount but with a 20% discount. Im not sure what counts as available picks however. My guess is that its however many spots you have free on your list so If we only have 2 possible live picks after upgrading sinclair we have to spend pick 60 and any remaining points are taken off our first rounder next year.

Periphery knows this inside and out though so he will probably correct at least a part of what ive said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't be surprised if we make a serious play for Lennon, if he can't agree to terms with the Tigers.
Considering Lennon is uncontracted & Aish is sticking fat with the Pies, we should walk him thru the gates of the PSD. Good mate of our own Jack Billings, adds to the formality he should become a Saint..
The raid on the 2013 draft has netted us Billings, Freeman, Lennon, Acres, Dunstan all 1st rd. picks!

Managed by Anthony McConville who assisted the Saints to getting their priority trade of Carlisle over the line, won't harm our chances with luring Lennon with a bonus in his first year's pay packet..

Last edited:
No saints fan really seems to hate NDS anyway, it's the fact that Goddard is an angry man and that doesn't rub off well with some of the fans.

It's just disrespectful
Breadman Gonedard made some unfortunate statements about going to a better club when he left. Whether they were misconstrued or not it came across as quite mercenary and ultimately untrue, as has unfolded.
That rubbed me up the wrong way.
That said, I feel a bit sorry for him as he must wish he'd stayed put for the three year deal and not locked into the 4th year at Essendope.

Over 40 years on this earth.......Just once Saints......PLEASE!

Mike Pyke has announced his retirement, and Essendon need a ruckman, would it be in our interests, if Hickey chooses, to go to either club.

If that is the case, what do we realistically expect to get out of that trade.

With regards to Carlisle, if I was a betting man, I would bet on Ameet, Finnis and Trout to get the best possible deal in our favour.

I think that Essendon as a whole, are delusional if they think pick 5 as a straight trade, it well maybe become part of a multitude of deals that eventually ends up with us trading it.

I dont believe it is in the interests of the club to move Hickey along as we do not have the ruck stocks to simply do without.

The trend towards two ruckmen is coming back already and with the sub rule out will become even more commonplace. Good bigmen are difficult to find and even harder for a good price. Even if we do get a pick back in the teens for Hickey we will just be paying that price again in future to secure someone else.

I realise this sort of belongs on another thread, and far be it from me to tell anyone what to do, but...

The whole organisation at our club is far and away the best I've known it in my lifetime. Publicity, trades, player management, media, its just so positive. Specifically to be able to walk the walk before trade time has even started is huge, to the point where now a few of us will be disappointed if we don't see Treolar move to Seaford in a few weeks!

So maybe as a token of our appreciation as fans and supporters, we should sign up for a 2016 membership especially early. Not only will this echo and extend the positive vibe coming from the club, we can give the club evidence to support their statement of intent as a waking giant, which can be used when it comes to spruiking for corporate sponsors and big name players.

Some of us may have already put the money down, but for those of us who haven't, how about we approach it like a challenge:

Complete Carlisle and Freeman deals without paying overs = buy a full membership before draft day.

Complete Carlisle and Freeman deals without paying overs AND without using pick 5 =
Your membership PLUS you convince a saints fan who has yet to become a member to sign up before Xmas.

Another big name trade = you pledge to attend as many home games as possible next year, despite logistical inconvenience (within reason), and make some noise instead of merely watching on TV/the internet.

That would be the perfect way to support Ameet, Trout, Finnis, Richo and all the pros at St Kilda who are already giving us so much pleasure before preseason.

I'm like a kid at christmas, just open the packet, take a look and run to the next one. Unfortunately our insiders let me believe the last box may have been a playstation. Now we open it and it's empty. I don't feel like playing with my action man doll or tennis racquet with snapping strings anymore. I wanted Treloar and if I don't get him I feel a f$#@en tantrum coming on. I want a Jelly Kelly or at least that shitty Taiwanese version of a playstation called an Aish.

Dont fret. I think the big surprise is at Grandma's place when we go over for Christmas Dinner.

Anyway you opened all your presents on Christmas eve. Wait until morning to see if they really are yours or that arrrogant kids across the street in the flashy house (all bought on crdit).

I realise this sort of belongs on another thread, and far be it from me to tell anyone what to do, but...

The whole organisation at our club is far and away the best I've known it in my lifetime. Publicity, trades, player management, media, its just so positive. Specifically to be able to walk the walk before trade time has even started is huge, to the point where now a few of us will be disappointed if we don't see Treolar move to Seaford in a few weeks!

So maybe as a token of our appreciation as fans and supporters, we should sign up for a 2016 membership especially early. Not only will this echo and extend the positive vibe coming from the club, we can give the club evidence to support their statement of intent as a waking giant, which can be used when it comes to spruiking for corporate sponsors and big name players.

Some of us may have already put the money down, but for those of us who haven't, how about we approach it like a challenge:

Complete Carlisle and Freeman deals without paying overs = buy a full membership before draft day.

Complete Carlisle and Freeman deals without paying overs AND without using pick 5 =
Your membership PLUS you convince a saints fan who has yet to become a member to sign up before Xmas.

Another big name trade = you pledge to attend as many home games as possible next year, despite logistical inconvenience (within reason), and make some noise instead of merely watching on TV/the internet.

That would be the perfect way to support Ameet, Trout, Finnis, Richo and all the pros at St Kilda who are already giving us so much pleasure before preseason.

Great post - I have not been able to afford membership for a couple of years but I am going to commit. The post of the DT thread re Carlisle highlight some very surprised supporters from other clubs the way the club has handled the last couple of years has been first class

Has it ever occurred to those fools we would rather not get Carlisle if it meant parting directly with pick 5? God they're hypocritical, half of them having a whinge saying he's crap and they're glad he's gone, while the other half (actually probably the same half) saying he's easily worth pick 5

Breadman Gonedard made some unfortunate statements about going to a better club when he left. Whether they were misconstrued or not it came across as quite mercenary and ultimately untrue, as has unfolded.
That rubbed me up the wrong way.
That said, I feel a bit sorry for him as he must wish he'd stayed put for the three year deal and not locked into the 4th year at Essendope.

Over 40 years on this earth.......Just once Saints......PLEASE!

I don't think Greedard would really care about being locked into Essendon as it was all about the brown paper bag, which is fair enough as he has to look after himself and family, but you are right he does seem to rub saints fans the wrong way where as there seems to be more sympathy for Dal.
It looks like it may be the best long term for us anyway, from being close to full salary cap now we have heaps of space and a young list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back