Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confident they won't trade. This 'Sign or go to the PSD' came from Leigh Matthews who won't **** around. I think they'll be hoping that Aish resigns or gets picked up in PSD by a club he doesn't want to play for, so other Brisbane players will face the same thing in the future. They have to draw the line somewhere. If they keep trading they won't hold on to anyone.
Maybe we should take the same stand then. Player retention is not only an issue at Brisbane, we are hurting from it too.

A new trend, and it will surely affect us after Hendersook, will be to re-sign players 1 year before their contract expires.

Players will want to play for Bolton, so I'd hope the bleeding will stop.

But at the end of the day if someone like Yarran believes his future lies elsewhere then good riddance.

Please organise a trade for him. We can surely organise a better trade than the Pies! Casboult and picks?

Casboult wouldn't be offered in a deal for a player of Treloar's caliber. Think more along the lines of Henderson pick (if its pick 9) + Yarran pick (if its pick 12) for Treloar + late pick/player GWS don't want

Wouldn't Lennon... a pick 12 in the 2013 draft... be more valuable than pick 12 in this supposedly weak 2015 draft? Especially now that 3-4 academy selections are rated in the top 10-12.

Yarran for Lennon straight swap would be super awesome fantastic!
It's only a weak draft due to the depth of players. The top players are actually good. Outside the top 20 very slim pickings.

Looks like they have been reading big footy about Treloar to Carlton what a joke these guys are, enough with the fantasy and wet dreams we have to just concentrate on building our list.

Us trying to steal Treloar away from the Pies reminds me of when the Tigers were trying to sneak Judd away from us during negotiations back in 2007.
The only difference may be that AT is open to coming to the Blues, whereas Judd didn't want to go to Tigerland.
Anyway, at the end of the day, the Pies will get their man.

I really hope we don't take anyone on a package more than they are worth: Treloar included. If we are to learn one thing from Hawthorn, it should be that no one player is bigger than the team, and no one player should be paid disproportionately. We need to accept that we need to develop our talent in-house, and if we can't do that, there is no amount of buying in that is going to make a difference.

If we look at the Dogs and the Boyd deal, which appeared to be bold but may have turned out to be reckless, they weren't expecting the in-house growth this year... and now they potentially find themselves in a position where they need to find money for Stringer, Bont and Wood (amongst others). Their commitment to Boyd may see them lose one of their in-house players in the future.

While we aren't likely to throw that sort of money around (here's hoping that the Boyd --> Blues rumours are just that), paying any plater too much will have a negative impact, and might cost us the balance across the list necessary to really compete.

Last edited:
I really hope we don't take anyone on a package more than they are worth: Treloar included. If we are to learn one thing from Hawthorn, it should be that no one player is bigger than the team, and no one player should be paid disproportionately. We need to accept that we need to develop our talent in-house, and if we can't do that, there is no amount of buying in that is going to make a difference.

If we look at the Dogs and the Boyd deal, which appeared to be bold but may have turned out to be reckless, they weren't expecting the in-house growth this year... and now they potentially find themselves in a position where they need to find money for Stringer, Bont and Wood (amongst others). Their commitment to Boyd may see them lose one of their in-house players in the future.

While we aren't likely to throw that sort of money around (here's hoping that the Boyd --> Blues rumours are just that), paying any plater to much will have a negative impact, and might cost us the balance across the list necessary to really compete.

They gave the $$$ to the wrong Boyd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we don't want to give up Pick 1 this year, even for Treloar.

What's the vibe on offering next year's first instead? Stronger draft, but the quality is in the mids. If we recruited Weitering, Treloar, Plowman, Tomlinson and one of Aish/Lennon, we should theoretically win an extra game or two at least, meaning we may give up pick 2-4.

Even if we ended up with Pick 1 next year - it's likely to be a potential gun 18-year-old mid vs. Treloar.

While we aren't likely to throw that sort of money around (here's hoping that the Boyd --> Blues rumours are just that), paying any plater to much will have a negative impact, and might cost us the balance across the list necessary to really compete.

The new Carlton.

So we don't want to give up Pick 1 this year, even for Treloar.

What's the vibe on offering next year's first instead? Stronger draft, but the quality is in the mids. If we recruited Weitering, Treloar, Plowman, Tomlinson and one of Aish/Lennon, we should theoretically win an extra game or two at least, meaning we may give up pick 2-4.

Even if we ended up with Pick 1 next year - it's likely to be a potential gun 18-year-old mid vs. Treloar.

I'd do it in a heartbeat!!

I think Brisbane will hold firm and force Aish to resign or go into the draft.

They need to make a stand once and for all on their young players leaving for unders.

Sacrificing a pick in the 20's to make a stand and potentially help end this player exodus would be a sacrifice worth taking

What hope do you have when they want to leave?
I'm all for principles but I can't understand the logic of risking getting nothing for the player. If I were a Lions supporter I'd be pis*ed if the club refused to get something from a player wanting to leave than being stubborn & doing nothing.

Surely our interest in Treloar is only a tactical move to ensure Collingwood pay overs/sekl the Farm for him, and have nothing left worth trading for Aish who then slips to us for free in the PSD. Unless (fingers crossed) we get pick nine for Hendo, not sure we could get a deal done that would satisfy GWS for Treloar.

Still plenty to play out, but its enjoyable seeing Collingwood squirm a bit.

Surely our interest in Treloar is only a tactical move to ensure Collingwood pay overs/sekl the Farm for him, and have nothing left worth trading for Aish who then slips to us for free in the PSD. Unless (fingers crossed) we get pick nine for Hendo, not sure we could get a deal done that would satisfy GWS for Treloar.

Still plenty to play out, but its enjoyable seeing Collingwood squirm a bit.
Genius move by the Blues if true!

Balme said the Treloar deal is very close to being completed and will get done early in the piece. Read the article on Treloar by Jake Niall, a very connected jorunalist come trade time, his brother Ben is a leading player manager.

Balme said the Treloar deal is very close to being completed and will get done early in the piece. Read the article on Treloar by Jake Niall, a very connected jorunalist come trade time, his brother Ben is a leading player manager.
To be fair, they've been saying that for a while.

Ahh well, will find out for sure next week one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back