List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't we list the hypocrisy of the Bears previous trading? (Mods closed the thread)

Jeez I know this board has been sanitised over the last year or two but c'mon!

FFS!!!

just heard some news off a certain lady ;)

AT has been at our headquarters 3 times in the past week and twice in the gym.

don't stress what the media are saying I am lead to believe there is a deal in place, and this whole thing is a little argy bargy to try squeeze a little more out of us, he is a magpie!
How did your dinner go? Get in there buddy!

Dude.

NEXT year's first pick (approximately 5-12)
THIS year's mid 20's pick (from the 2 or 3 we may end up with)
Plus one of Seedsman/Aish

That's 3 separate items. Some of you may think that's overs, but if Brisbane are going ot follow through, we're going to have to play ball it seems.

Way overs.

Beams was contracted and had achieved more and that was his price after much wrangling.

I wonder who is going to cop a greater pasting by the crowd next year; Aish as a Pie versus Brisbane or Freeman as a Saint versus Collingwood?
That's assuming Freeman actually gets on the park to play against Collingwood and given he hasn't played an AFL game yet, I'm not confident he's feeling that his hammies are ready to go the full stretch. He may try to reinvent himself as an inside player to minimize any risk of recurrence but everyone knows that at some stage he'll have to turn on the after burners, kick at full stretch and hope like hell things don't go snap. Rather than booing him the mighty faithful should scream TWANG every time he gets the ball.

I'm tipping a rather quiet first year at the Saints but if he gets on the park good on the kid - worries me that he's made a call on himself that he is not good enough to dislodge any of our midfielders before he's even played a game at that level. And doesn't Connors look like a tool at the moment in relation to his comments about Aish.

Brisbane's stance on Aish is hard to fathom. There is clearly some resentment over the Beams deal last year which wasn't the handsome win for them that they expected, but there doesn't seem much for their club in sending him to the draft. Does spiting Collingwood have that much (or any ) value for their team? Doing so may have cost St Kilda a flag given the value Wellingham gave in 2010 finals when they could have had him in trade for Ball. There was no value for Port in sending that player whose name escapes me at the moment to the draft. Just the warm glow of successful spite.
What is the gain in retaining a player who wants to go? Not much in Collingwood's thinking, as they seem prepared to accommodate anyone who wants out.
Brisbane has played the "we won't trade" card, and it looks like it has not won the trick. They now are in the position where they have to look weak for the good of the club, or play tough and incur losses for their club. Not clever.

Freeman is another puzzle, but I think there may be pieces I am unaware of out there. Why otherwise would he be looking to leave when he was heir apparent to Swan's job if he was good enough? Perhaps he doesn't think he is.

Does anyone wanna join me on Twitter and give s**t to Marco Paparone? Funny what happens in 12 months. Hopefully for Marco's sake, his club do have their players best interests at heart..

View attachment 181863
Although Paparone was a flog for tweeting that, it's a little classless to troll him over a tweet referring to his fathers death, especially since about now is the 1 year aniversary of it.

Although Paparone was a flog for tweeting that, it's a little classless to troll him over a tweet referring to his fathers death, especially since about now is the 1 year aniversary of it.

I definitely sympathize with him, but how is it referring to his father's death..?

Dude.

NEXT year's first pick (approximately 5-12)
THIS year's mid 20's pick (from the 2 or 3 we may end up with)
Plus one of Seedsman/Aish

That's 3 separate items. Some of you may think that's overs, but if Brisbane are going ot follow through, we're going to have to play ball it seems.
Wat8.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fwiw, I didn't say anything to Marco Paparone because I had since learnt about the context of the tweet. I do have a heart believe it or not.

I reckon it'll be:

Freeman to St.Kilda for pick 23 (which they get from Bombers)
Pick 7, Pick 23 plus 3rd Rounder to GWS for Treloar (more than enough points for them)
Next year's first pick, Pick 25(ish) plus one of Oxley/Seedsman etc for Aish
You confuse me dude. You've been harping on about how you have a bad feeling about the Treloar deal and don't want to sell the farm for him and then you suggest throwing everything at a player who has nowhere near the runs on the board.

That deal is ridiculous overs for Aish. Christ, the first round pick alone would get the deal done.

Brisbane's hard-line stance is just being petulant so the AFL will reward them with a PP next year or lay the groundwork for changing draftee contracts. It has less to do with us being Aish's club of choice than you think.

They have a massive issue with player retention, stemming from a large interstate contingent, poor on field results and poor culture. They used to throw money at the problem and for a while it worked, but now that we have an even playing field, it's hard to compete. I think though, that having a core of Queenslanders is the first step in ensuring their long term viability. So I'm quite happy for them to have their academy. It allows the game to grow in that state, and helps to mitigate some of their problems with regards to player retention.

It won't fix all their problems but having a core list of players that aren't lured by homesickness helps ensure continuity and that will help them on field, as well as help build a strong culture. Assuming it isn't rotten from the top down...

I definitely sympathize with him, but how is it referring to his father's death..?
The bit about Brisbane caring about him etc was in reference to them giving him any time off he needed when his father became terminally ill.

His father didnt die and as a matter of fact his father wasnt sick at the time. He was previously sick earlier in the year but since got through it.
That sounds like you're talking about Beams' dad. Paparones dad had terminal cancer and died roughly around this time last year.

You confuse me dude. You've been harping on about how you have a bad feeling about the Treloar deal and don't want to sell the farm for him and then you suggest throwing everything at a player who has nowhere near the runs on the board.

That deal is ridiculous overs for Aish. Christ, the first round pick alone would get the deal done.

Yeah even Brisbane posters are saying that on their board. In that case, shouldn't this be pretty straight forward then?

Yeah even Brisbane posters are saying that on their board. In that case, shouldn't this be pretty straight forward then?
It should be. The public posturing from Brisbane is laying the groundwork for a priority pick to be given to them next year imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back