MLB Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
jake-arrieta-mlb-chicago-cubs-los-angeles-dodgers1-850x560_zpsi1o25ovt.jpg

That sucks for the pirates, 98 wins and have to go into that. Wish they had caught the Cards in the regular season.

But Cubs, awesome, and Arrieta is incredible. Complete game, 5 hit two walk shut out with 11 K's in a winner takes all wild card. Too good.

Rangers take a big win on the road at Toronto!

I agree, the play off system is ordinary. No way should Pittsburgh be kicked out from 1 game after the season they've had. All it does is keep weaker teams in deeper through the play offs.

Whats the solution then? that the top 4 records go through? That takes away the division rivalries and any point of having divisions. Or if you want to extend the wild card playoff to a series, then you have the best 6 teams waiting around, that's not good either.

Best way would be to scrap the wild card playoff game and have only one wild card winner.

Whats the solution then? that the top 4 records go through? That takes away the division rivalries and any point of having divisions. Or if you want to extend the wild card playoff to a series, then you have the best 6 teams waiting around, that's not good either.

Best way would be to scrap the wild card playoff game and have only one wild card winner.
I'd take the best 4 teams from 2 conferences. I know it would never happen but it just makes more sense to me to reward the teams that have excelled throughout the season.

As much as it sucks we knew we had to perform yesterday and didn't. We've had a great season with some great winning streaks but we just couldn't keep up with the Cardinals which would've guaranteed a spot and with the record we had we would've won any other division. But hey can't take anything away from the Cubs either they deserve to be right up there with their 97 wins and good luck to them I hope they go deep into the playoffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive game 1 win for Rangers this morning..

Beltre injured but Cole Hamels on the mound tomorrow..

Rangers massive chances

Yep, should go back to previous system. To play 162 games and just get down to one playoff game is crap. Should be more than just who has the best ace pitcher.

Anyway Astros 5-2 up and six outs away from a 1-0 lead

Yep, should go back to previous system. To play 162 games and just get down to one playoff game is crap. Should be more than just who has the best ace pitcher.

and thats how it finished Astros lead 1-0.

Bang Rangers take both games in Toronto thanks to brilliant base running by Odor and DeShields today..

Worth the 3.30am start

Under the old system the Cubs would have missed the playoffs for winning 97 games. That is worse than the new system IMO, although I agree that it's pretty rough on the Buccos. Probably should have more to do with overhauling divisions if they're going to make any changes.

Anyway, I'm so nervous heading into the Dodgers' first game. Kershaw vs DeGrom... with Greinke going against Syndergaard tomorrow, both promise to be tight and nervy affairs. One mistake or big swing could be the difference in both games. I'm just hoping that, more than anything, Kershaw silences the doubters regarding his postseason record... so he'll probably lose 1-0 or 2-1 and get killed for it. :oops:

I didn't watch all of it, mostly listened, but there was a bit of grumbling throughout.

But that last inning I could see why. Horrible strike zone. Not sure if the Cubs pitchers were also benefitting from this. But in what was developing ok, 1-out and a runner on Fowler gets rung up on a ball well outside the zone (between hitter and zone), then after Schwarber singles and we have two on Bryant has a 2-2 count and gets called out on a pitch down and outside.

Hope Maddon goes bezerk in the press conference, if for nothing else to back the players to keep showing a patient approach, because bryant in particular was working reasonable at bat, Fowler was fouling anything off if he needed to.

Just gotta win tomorrow now!

I didn't watch all of it, mostly listened, but there was a bit of grumbling throughout.

But that last inning I could see why. Horrible strike zone. Not sure if the Cubs pitchers were also benefitting from this. But in what was developing ok, 1-out and a runner on Fowler gets rung up on a ball well outside the zone (between hitter and zone), then after Schwarber singles and we have two on Bryant has a 2-2 count and gets called out on a pitch down and outside.

Hope Maddon goes bezerk in the press conference, if for nothing else to back the players to keep showing a patient approach, because bryant in particular was working reasonable at bat, Fowler was fouling anything off if he needed to.

Just gotta win tomorrow now!

Yeah I think it went both ways - Lester got lucky on a few - but generally speaking it seemed the Cards had a slightly wider zone to work with, and affected at crucial moments as you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back